PDA

View Full Version : Post-Purchase Thoughts

Tussell
06-05-2008, 05:58 AM
Alright, you bought the game, you've played it... What do you think?

My brother bought it for PS2 and he hasn't been playing it much, which I was surprised about since he loves the Lego style games. He loved the Star Wars ones. Just curious as to what you guys though, and if it puts shame to the Lego games.

Valentiney
06-05-2008, 07:58 AM
its not the best lego game but it isnt a bad game

Frijolie
06-05-2008, 08:01 AM
some parts about the game are super annoying and others are great.

Bad parts:
* bringing a whip to a gunfight
* never ending enemies with guns and you only have whip
* when you mean to jump into vehicle it switches characters instead
* switching from tool to gun to whip, etc...
* no co-op on Xbox Live?!?!?!
* cant skip cut scenes while in story mode (Granted make us watch them once, but if we're playing through story again allow us to skip them because we can see them in the theater anyways)

Good Parts:
* better graphics
* puzzles
* guns (e.g. bazooka!)
* cool moves (kills, whips)
* kisses

Facial La Fleur
06-05-2008, 08:20 AM
I'm at about 60% and so far I'd say I'm mostly happy with it. Yes there are a few quirks as mentioned with trying to get in vehicles and accidentally switching characters but that can be resolved by being patient and taking it slow so that the game recognizes exactly what you are trying to do. I like the fact that this game isn't as repetitive and tedious as LEGO Star Wars. You only need to go through each level two times tops as long as you play through the levels in order and then go back and worry about missed artifacts and parcels once you have all the characters available. The College is a much better setting than the cantina and overall graphics and gameplay are a lot better... in my opinion, of course. I also like how there are tons of Star Wars tributes all over the place in this game. It's a shorter game but it's and overall better game to me. I agree that it's kinda weak that there is no online co-op but that is too small and issue to really concern me. I'm pleased with my purchase.

Tussell
06-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Do you still move extremely slow? And is the game very slow-paced?

I haven't had a chance to watch my brother play the game, so I don't know too much about it.

Lympathia
06-05-2008, 02:14 PM
I love the game. I got it really cheap (through a company I work for) and feel it's a much less frustrating game then Lego SW 2 and just a load of fun, although very similar.

There are some small annoyances which are very well summarised in the first post but the puzzles and general gameplay and feel are fantastic. It's taken me away from GTA IV and I'm even enjoying it more.

Great value if you can get it relatively cheap for a 360 game otherwise still worthwhile.

Jedi Kayben
06-05-2008, 02:21 PM
I love it so far, the cut scenes are funnier and better than lego star wars, altough i love all the star wars references. Only thing so far i hate is not always having a gun i thought you always would.

gamergirl11
06-05-2008, 02:30 PM
I love it so far! Like some annoyance mentioned above...you get used to it though...I think my main thing is that I had been play LSW so much it took me awhile to get used to all these new options which I think really add to the game. The puzzles are much more difficult than LSW in my opinion, which I really enjoy. I also love the whip aspect and the fact that you can pick up just about anything in this game. The cutscenes and jokes are awesome for gaming nerds 0.o

Definitely a good purchase :D

RavenBlackthorn
06-05-2008, 03:27 PM
I'm really enjoying the game so far. I played the two versions of Lego Star Wars and enjoyed them as well, but so far I'd have to say that this is the best in the series (in my opinion). Lot's of humor, I think the level design is good, the gameplay mechanics can be a bit annoying at times but are decent overall. I'm not having quite as many camera angle issues as I remember having with the previous Lego games. I'm also enjoying the achievement system in this game. I think they laid out the achievements really well. This is gonna be a "fun" 1000 versus a "frustrating" 1000.

Shadow Fba
06-05-2008, 03:57 PM
I am really enjoying it, especially the comedy that they worked into it.

Dragonmaster700
06-06-2008, 08:30 AM
Its great. The only things that bother me are the areas where enemies with guns just keep spawning non stop and the fact that there is less stuff to find than the star wars games. I liked having to get the true jedi for both story and free play. Also the levels seem shorter than the ones in lego star wars. Oh well, its still a really fun game.

krucifiedkevin
06-06-2008, 11:56 AM
bought the game yesterday so my youngest son(8yearsold)would have something to do over the summer, and i also enjoy playing co-op with him.
i was glad to see the achievements unlock for both profiles as we finished a level.
not happy to see the enemies constantly re-spawn though....
so far we are both having fun with the game, seems to be more puzzles to work out.