PDA

View Full Version : Best $30 Ive Spent On A Game In Forever

ThtPepsiNagger
06-06-2008, 04:13 AM
So i was in gamestop and had $40 so i got prey and went to mcdonalds (yum) and i got on it and immediatly it reminded me of the darkness and as i played the storyline capivated me to where i was in disbelief that no one plays this game anymore. the online is a little laggy but still fun. never heard one unkind word playing so far. brings me back to the good old days. i really cant wait for #2 and when it comes out $60 will not even be a problem to spend on it.

Mr Arrow
06-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Agreed, Prey is a solid game with a good storyline. After you get through feeling sick (motion sickness) the game is a blast to play. It's quite unique in many ways.

osea101
06-09-2008, 05:40 AM
Haha, I beat you to it. I found my new copy at Meijers for 24 bucks. No, seriously, it's a good shooter. I bought it because I played the demo and I really liked the story and the characters (Jen).

The MP is less than stellar. Very hard to find players unless you do achievement trading.

IRONMAN
06-09-2008, 05:42 AM
I grabbed a copy at blockbuster a few months back for $15. The story line eventually blew me away & i really enjoyed the game. Haha, i look back & wish i could have seen my face of disappointment when i first started playing it..(as far as disappointment can go for a $15 purchase lol).. i was pleased with this game.. just a few MP achievements left to grab & Cherokee & i can be proud of a 1k in this.

Bishop24
06-09-2008, 05:45 AM
I bought a copy today from my local Gamestop for only $10. I haven't played it yet, but hopefully it was worth the $10.

IRONMAN
06-09-2008, 05:47 AM
well, it should be. I found it to be one of the best story campaigns in a long time. I never bothered with it, because to be honest, i thought it was going to be shit. I was wrong for story aspect at least!

Melo2010
06-09-2008, 05:47 AM
Found mine for $20 at Wal-Mart, besides that I have to say that Prey has to be one of the greatest games on the 360. It's so far has the best story in any 360 game, they used the characters to perfection, and looked great. Yeah the multiplayer was laggy but it was fun to play when people were playing it. I wish all 360 owners could experience this game and see how great it is.

osea101
06-09-2008, 05:50 AM
The main quest is damn easy even on hard because you can't die after lev 3 or 4. You can probably do the singleplayer in a day if you've got time to kill but it will probably take you a while on mp just because it's really dead. You have to find a buddy to trade achievements with and this might take some time. Once you find a bud, the mp is easy.

I would say 2-3 days for 100 % if you're devoted and got a bud.

IRONMAN
06-09-2008, 05:50 AM
MP achievements are a bitch & a second playthrough on (hard).. you have to beat it on normal first to unlock hard mode..aka Cherokee.. The guide will give you an idea on how long it will take. My partner i was using for Prey died i think..just never logged back on...

x561x Brad
07-03-2008, 08:04 PM
I just spent 9 dollars and 57 cents on it. Beat that.

xDMWx Burgess
07-18-2008, 10:10 PM
When I loaded the game it gave me the choice of Normal or Cherokee is this a patch they added or can I play Cherokee to unlock both? I guess I should have tried it on that level 1st.

I just spent 9 dollars and 57 cents on it. Beat that. $4.00+tax New from Toys-R-Us was $5.00 then an addition 20% clearance.

Azrael008uk
07-21-2008, 05:37 PM
I want to know also.

I had this game when I had a standard definition telly and I marched it straight back to the store at arm's length in a gloved hand.

Now that I'm playing in HD for $10.00 new I thought it would be worth another shot.

Cherokee is selectable from the beginning for me also it seems.

If I play through on Cherokee does that save me having to play through twice?

Cheers,

Azrael

Hypnotik Robot
07-27-2008, 10:47 PM
This game was given to me for $0. A buddy thought I should play it and he had had his fun.

ankle_spawn
07-28-2008, 07:18 AM
i had the choice to select cherolee level, but when i actually tried to start that game, it said that i had to beat normal first. that happened last week, so i dont think a new patch has come out...

s2n GaRy
09-17-2008, 11:22 PM
haha i pay 3.99

Slipknot1988
10-31-2008, 06:19 PM
isn't it ironic that the best games are often the cheapest after they've been out for a while? I can almost promise that Bioshock (the first one) will be between 5 and 20 bucks in a year or two

Cheezbrgr
12-09-2008, 05:02 AM
It takes a while to get into, but around chapter 10 it gets much better

Tussell
12-21-2008, 05:13 AM
I got the game for $3.99. :)

the_a_drain
12-31-2008, 01:17 AM
This game is kinda like Doom 3 for me, by all accounts it looks nice, plays pretty good and has no major flaws to speak of, but it's hardly the most polished game, or the most interesting. I certainly enjoyed it but I can't say given the chance i'd pay more than a tenner for it ($17ish) which is about what I paid so I was happy :)

isw42
01-01-2009, 01:00 AM
I also got the game for $4.00. It was the best four dollars I've spent on a 360 game.

ssmaster69er
01-05-2009, 02:19 AM
HAhahahah I beat all of you. I paid $3.50. W00t!!!1 Can't wait to play it.

Bishman293
01-17-2009, 10:17 AM
Yea my mate got the game for 2.99 a while after i got it for 5 but still this game is awsome, i was told to pley but not told anything else about it so the way the gameplay was jus shocked me, there were moments where i was think omg at the same time as the main character, cant wait for number be cool to see how there gonna pull that off.

strider256
01-23-2009, 05:35 PM
loved prey i got my prey for free my freind said it was the worst game so he gave it to me:Bounce:

Pyroman31
01-24-2009, 11:56 PM
I got it for $8.00.

It's a damn good game too. Just didn't like the multiplayer all though...

SynysterMonkey
01-24-2009, 11:58 PM
I'd have to say Darkness reminded me of Prey due to my order of play. But yeah, it's a solid fun one-play-through game. Easy 'cheevs as well.

Tsaako
02-11-2009, 05:50 PM
Just picked this game up for 5 at gamestation, it seems ok i guess seeing as i'm not fond of 1st person shooters. :p

FoolProofExpert
02-16-2009, 07:58 PM
i saw it for 5 today, is it worth it
i brought king kong for the same price instead though
:/

DisturbedGoblin
02-17-2009, 10:17 PM
I recently brought Prey for a 3.99, heard off a friend it was a good game, so thought i would give it a crack, and was very pleased i parted with my cash, but about half way through got stuck, but found the guide on here and feel so stupid now, and will be having a go at finishing the game as soon as i can get the missis off the xbox, stupid me, brought her lips lol, only thing is been on multiplayer a couple of times and everytime i been on, i'm the only one playing........... so if anyone has the game and feels like helping add me as a friend, much appreciated...... DG

DDcup x
04-04-2009, 06:49 PM
I got this second hand for 4.
i win?

SooperSmurph
04-11-2009, 12:19 AM
Nah, the win goes to the guy who got it for $4, that's less than 3 pounds. I won't say i'm the winner even though mine was free (caught a younger gamer stealing and persuaded him to "hook me up") and then I traded the disk to myzwap.com for $5 and got the original GodFather game, so technically I might still be in profit on this game despite the dubious origins.

Itchy
04-15-2009, 09:22 PM
Nah, the win goes to the guy who got it for $4, that's less than 3 pounds. I won't say i'm the winner even though mine was free (caught a younger gamer stealing and persuaded him to "hook me up") and then I traded the disk to myzwap.com for $5 and got the original GodFather game, so technically I might still be in profit on this game despite the dubious origins.

Nah I win ...... Im in the repair game so to speak and today like most days I put a box on my work bench plugged it all in pressed the magic button (eject) for two reasons one to see what sort of fault it has if any and the other to see if the dvd works (if theres no red lights then slip in a disc see if it plays if it dosent then its proberly the laser ..you with me?) but its also handy to see if theres a game left in side and today was Prey day :woop: so as you can see I got mine for niche ;) wonder what tommorow brings.
oh and before anyone pops up with oi you pinched someones game you git take that :uzi:we deal with company returns i.e they send us batches of 100 odd at a time to be repaired then they flog them all on :p

Oh and lo everyone nice site/forum by the way helped me out a bit.

RadioactiveT
04-23-2009, 10:41 AM
I just spent 9 dollars and 57 cents on it. Beat that.

haha i work at game crazy and i a guy came in to trade it in yesterday and since the game is so old and our store only sells it for 7.99 it only traded in for 75 cents, i told the guy if he wanted i would just give him a dollar for it and he just gave it to me lol

Kanos125
06-20-2009, 01:56 PM
This game is absolutely rubbish until chapter 10. How is that a 'great game'?

It's just your typical movie plot line - "Boy saves girl"

RenegadeSniper7
07-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Just finally beat it today, got it on the 24th of April and played through it for four days, and then was bored this morning and popped it back in to finish off the last four levels. Awesome game, I'll definitely rent the second one or buy it when it drops down in price.

All for CAD$14.99. It only took a decade to finally make it, too. :P

supermanc2135
07-14-2009, 07:13 AM
I paid $3.12 for it today at Gamestop, and played through half of it so far. Pretty good game!

Zaku77
07-31-2009, 12:59 AM
today I got the collector's brand new for 20$. I think that's a good deal, and I'm goign through it with someone so I have the multiplayer covered already!

dakisbac
08-03-2009, 11:58 PM
I've got mixed feelings about the game. I agree it doesn't really pick up until chapter 10 or so, but that's also where it gets a little confusing as well.

I'm doing my second playthrough right now and it's more a chore than anything.

On the other hand, the game did surprise me... there were many moments I was thinking "woah that's fucked" or "wtf, that's sick"

Illution
08-08-2009, 03:00 AM
Prey is seriously one of the best games I've ever played. The story line is original, captivating, and intuitive; same with the gameplay. Online is AMAZING! Seriously, it's not even not fun... Wait.. yeah, that's right. It's a bit laggy but not to the point where it's completely unbearable like some old games.

obiwan16
08-19-2009, 05:39 AM
I love this game!!! The story line is awesome and I really enjoy the ester egg radio phone calls that are hidden throughout the game.

Gariom
12-30-2009, 01:51 AM
My friend lent me this today. He bought it for $9. Hopefully the story will be good and the Cherokee difficulty won't be too difficult. I'm not sure if I'll go for the multiplayer achievements or not.

Ademus XP7
04-04-2010, 01:12 AM
the game is good pretty underrated game. too bad the company that made this game went bankrupted no part 2...sad face

X F1ftY 1ne
04-08-2010, 07:57 AM
Just spent $3.89 used with edge. Awesome!!

ykarim
04-15-2010, 02:33 AM
Yeah I also recently bough this game for cheap. $3.35 actually, from GameStop. It was $3.99 before 16% off, using a CAG (cheap ass gamer) promo code. Right now I am about a third through and can't wait to finish it.

CheaderMonkey
09-08-2010, 01:23 AM
This game is absolutely rubbish until chapter 10. How is that a 'great game'?

It's just your typical movie plot line - "Boy saves girl"
Ha ha...nope :)

DOPE BOI
07-01-2012, 11:17 AM
I played this game when it first dropped and thought it was pretty good but now I'm playing it again today and thinks its GREAT.

Now time has not been kind to the graphics at all but the gameplay and environments is the shit. Even the great Portal stole from this game, and Darksiders stole from that. The portals, the box portals, walking on walls, sporty walking, etc. Sick, Sick, Sick.

If this dropped today with better visuals, story, and guns. This would be a steller game for today's standards. The multiplayer is lacking though.

neeker75
07-15-2013, 04:38 AM
It was on sale last week for 4 bucks so I bought it.

The motion sickness it induces is unbelievable. I'm struggling to complete it because the ever swinging camera (gravity puzzles, flight controls) makes me feel like vomiting each time I played it.

MP was ok since I was simply boosting with a friend for the easy achievements.

As for story, seriously, Specs Ops: The Line has the best story in a shooter.

Ninja Eagle
07-15-2013, 06:46 AM
It was on sale last week for 4 bucks so I bought it.

The motion sickness it induces is unbelievable. I'm struggling to complete it because the ever swinging camera (gravity puzzles, flight controls) makes me feel like vomiting each time I played it.

MP was ok since I was simply boosting with a friend for the easy achievements.

As for story, seriously, Specs Ops: The Line has the best story in a shooter.
I agree. It would of been ok to play 5 years ago! Spec Ops: The Line is also a very good game in terms of story and gameplay. Also, I agree with the puzzles, they were hard and annoying.