PDA

View Full Version : GamePro: The 7 Crappiest Games of This Generation

Weapon 117
06-06-2008, 11:05 AM
As we approach the middle era of seventh generation consoles, GamePro lists the most miserable games released so far. Dodge these stinkers at all costs.

Note: Don't let the following countdown numbers confuse you - these games are all trash.

7. Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire (PS3)

http://www.gamepro.com/gamepro/domestic/games/features/images/190008-5-1.jpg

We're not sure how many developers Namco Bandai assigned to this PS3 launch title (three, maybe four?). Whatever the case, there's absolutely nothing that can atone for the clunky controls, drab visuals, 10 frames per second animation, and dated audio of this sloppy mech simulator. In the end (http://www.gamepro.com/sony/ps3/games/reviews/87390.shtml), "the sad truth is that even the most hardcore robot battle junkie will feel ripped off by this mess." For shame.

6. Cruis'n (Wii)

http://www.gamepro.com/gamepro/domestic/games/features/images/190008-1-1.jpg

Who spilled a mid-Nineties arcade game on my Wii? Oh, that would be Midway, taking the word "skimp" to a whole new level. Upon seeing the 2007 release of Cruis'n for the first time, you might think you're watching a late N64 arcade port... only you're not. You're looking at a Wii game. From the offensive physics to the antiquated digitized characters, this racing game is inexcusable garbage, even at $30. I want my GameCube 1.5 (http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2007/09/24/gamecube-1-5-the-numbers-behind-the-wiis-technology) back, please.

5. Bomberman: Act Zero (Xbox 360)

http://www.gamepro.com/gamepro/domestic/games/features/images/190008-2-1.jpg

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Bomberman -- the long-time, addictive party game franchise -- is far from broken. Despite this, in 2006 Hudson thought that updating Bomberman with a realistic feel would be a smart move. It wasn't. The result was a slow, clumsy, and poorly camera'd version of Bomberman, more akin to 1987's Running Man than an entertaining game. Simply put, there's no reason this idea should have made it off the ground. What's more, its retail price of $50 made it a crime against your wallet, as well as humanity. Avoid it at all costs!

4. Jumper: Griffin's Story (Wii, Xbox 360)

http://www.gamepro.com/gamepro/domestic/games/features/images/190008-3-1.jpg

It's hard enough to turn a successful movie into a successful video game, let alone a mediocre one like Jumper. Nevertheless, Brash Entertainment played the cash-in odds, only to deliver the second worst movie-to-game adaptation of all time, Jumper: Griffin's Story. This beat 'em up is as lame as they come. It wreaks of the lowest of low production values and features generic everything: gameplay, graphics, combat -- you name it. It's laughable to even call this a game; "bottom-of-the-barrel shovelware" is a more apt description.

3. Ninjabread Man (Wii)

http://www.gamepro.com/gamepro/domestic/games/features/images/190008-4-1.jpg

Nevermind that Ninjabread Man was intended for kids. Nevermind that it was only $30 upon release -- it's still complete excrement. After 30 minutes and three levels of the most mindless platforming ever conceived by man, players are rewarded with a drab "level complete" screen before being thrust back to the main menu. There's no story, no reason, and no ending. It's just an undercooked port of an already terrible PS2 game. Amazingly, a sequel has been announced; Ninjabread Man: Blades of Fury. Is there no justice in this world?

2. Anubis II (Wii)

http://www.gamepro.com/gamepro/domestic/games/features/images/190008-6-1.jpg

Believe it or not, the developer behind Ninjabread Man released a carbon-copy port of number two on our list a day later. It's called Anubis II, even though there was never an Anubis 1, and it was more PS2 shovelware for Wii. It shares the same miserable game engine as Ninjabread Man, and in doing so, shares the same glitchy gameplay and insipid design. The only thing that makes Anubis II worse than Ninjabread Man is that it exposes players to three hours and 9 levels of excruciatingly painful gameplay, as opposed to the 30 minutes and three levels of Ninjabread Man. Regardless, both games are a disgrace.

1. Balls of Fury (Wii)

http://www.gamepro.com/gamepro/domestic/games/features/images/190008-7-1.jpg

Topping our list of the crappiest games this generation (so far) is Balls of Fury, a senseless and uncontrollable Wii game that exudes revulsion. It, like number four on our list, is licensed movie trash. You might think it would be difficult to botch ping pong controls on Wii, given the system's intuitive reliance on motion. But developer Black Lantern managed to do just that, with controls more broken than Windows Vista compatibility. For that reason, Balls of Fury finds itself number one our list: the most obscenely annoying, frustrating, and downright retarded game of a generation.

And you thought E.T. on the Atari 2600 was bad.

Source: http://www.gamepro.com/gamepro/domestic/games/features/190008.shtml

Ashz0r
06-06-2008, 11:11 AM
Wow this is actually a list for once that I can't disagree with lmao.

Although possibably I might switch out Gundam and stick Pimp My Ride in its place lol

[Waggly Bean]
06-06-2008, 11:33 AM
Aw c'mon I didn't think Ninjabread Man was THAT bad.

I mean, I've played a lot worse.

And I kinda like that it reminded me of Zool in so many ways (land and enemies made of sweets, winged hearts flying out of the bad guys etc)

However, I didn't know there was only 3 levels. I shall have to investigate this soon because that's just a bit strange......

Still, you've got to love the name and the boxart! :p

Jdm
06-06-2008, 11:34 AM
Granted that I haven't played any of those games listed, they do look pretty crappy.:p

PerpetualHeaven
06-06-2008, 12:25 PM
No Hour of Victory? Honestly, HoV was such a big piece of shit, words can just cannot describe.

[Waggly Bean]
06-06-2008, 12:34 PM
No Hour of Victory? Honestly, HoV was such a big piece of shit, words can just cannot describe.

'can just cannot'.... man you hate that game so much you can't even get your words down right! :p

Royle
06-06-2008, 01:59 PM
Nah have you seen the guy who reviews HoV that is some funny shit! But back on topic like Waggly Bean said NinjaBread Man wasn't that bad, I mean Wii Play was terrible.

sam49
06-06-2008, 02:07 PM
Lol. Those all look like the crapiest games in my life!

UNDERWALLY
06-06-2008, 02:37 PM
Lol, almost all of them are for the Wii man, that shows that console sucks

Groundogg
06-06-2008, 03:05 PM
Its a bit stupid to make a list for the 7th crappiest games over every console. They should make one for the Xbox, PS3 and Wii.

The Wii is full of shit because I think Wii game makers are experimenting to try and make use of the Wii remote, rather than it just be a burden which is what I see it as, thats why so many Wii games are shit. Plus, I don't see the Wii as 'this generation', to me its last gen. Shit graphics, poor gameplay (expect Mario) and an annoyance for a controller.

dudecrazy108
06-06-2008, 03:28 PM
I dont think I have played any of these but Hour Of Victory should be on there because I could barely play some of the missions.

Doominatorx6
06-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Wow, and i feel compelled to play them all lol

Golden Colts
06-07-2008, 12:38 AM
GamePro is such a weak publication... GameNovice xD

Don't really think you can make a list... when games are in the bottom of the barrel range they can't really be judged over one another.

Pimp my ride should be on here tho.

Raider
06-07-2008, 01:19 AM
Hour of victory deserved an honorary mention.

ragnaroky
06-07-2008, 09:42 PM
I really can't disagree with this list, these are some of the worst games I've ever seen/heard of.

crymepayz
06-08-2008, 01:02 AM
How is Vampire Rain not on this list??

Melo2010
06-08-2008, 01:10 AM
i didn't even know there was a balls of fury game, it must be crappy.

Parkerktm
06-08-2008, 05:38 AM
God have mercy for those who decided to play Jumper, even though it's an easy 1000 i still can't pull myself to play it.

And my god Crusi'n looks bad!

Why isn't American Army: True soldiers on there? It sure as hell should be!

J eVeRy DaY 514
06-09-2008, 06:13 AM
WOW! those graphics on Crus'n for the Wii look horrendous! and i've played & beaten Jumper, and i can confirm that it is indeed a horrible POS, probably rushed, next-gen game.

gatorbait
06-09-2008, 06:27 AM
Its a bit stupid to make a list for the 7th crappiest games over every console. They should make one for the Xbox, PS3 and Wii.

The Wii is full of shit because I think Wii game makers are experimenting to try and make use of the Wii remote, rather than it just be a burden which is what I see it as, thats why so many Wii games are shit. Plus, I don't see the Wii as 'this generation', to me its last gen. Shit graphics, poor gameplay (expect Mario) and an annoyance for a controller.

I agree with you up until the end. I do think they should make a list for each console since Nintendo really doesn't have too many restrictions for releasing games on their system allowing a lot of crap to get on there. but I wouldn't go as far to say it is last gen. I think they have done an excellent job incorporating a very innovative control scheme and has taken games into a a whole new direction. It just sucks for games like Mariokart and Supersmash where they feel like they could have just been released on Gamecube.

I would like to see a top 10 worst 360 list.

aussiegamer
06-09-2008, 11:03 AM
The Sonic game on PS3 and 360.

Tussell
06-09-2008, 05:00 PM
Wow.
How about Halo 3, GTA IV, Assassin's Creed, Guitar Hero 3, and games that aren't movie games. Those are, for the most part, always bad.

I mean, most of these games weren't over-hyped, over-complicated, and shitty compared to the rest of the series.

This is a stupid ass list, because I can think of games that are a lot worse for this generation of consoles than what is on there.

Ashz0r
06-09-2008, 05:17 PM
Wow.
How about Halo 3, GTA IV, Assassin's Creed, Guitar Hero 3, and games that aren't movie games. Those are, for the most part, always bad.

I mean, most of these games weren't over-hyped, over-complicated, and shitty compared to the rest of the series.

This is a stupid ass list, because I can think of games that are a lot worse for this generation of consoles than what is on there.

You gotta be kidding me right? how can you say Ninjabreadman is better then something lol? The only other game that I would say is worse then this selection is Pimp My Ride.

Tussell
06-09-2008, 05:30 PM
You gotta be kidding me right? how can you say Ninjabreadman is better then something lol? The only other game that I would say is worse then this selection is Pimp My Ride.
They're making this list final. Saying these ARE the worst of the generation.

THEY gotta be kidding me right?

Ashz0r
06-09-2008, 05:36 PM
They're making this list final. Saying these ARE the worst of the generation.

THEY gotta be kidding me right?

Did you read it?
Topping our list of the crappiest games this generation (so far)

Keywords being:

Our: Its only their opinion..so they can have whatever games they please on their list.

So Far: Meaning it could change depending on future releases.