PDA

View Full Version : need help deciding on arcade games

khamelion
06-06-2008, 05:08 PM
for some reason or another, ive had the urge to stop being cheap playing demos all the time and actually buy some arcade games. ive got quite a long list of ones which ive enjoyed the demos of which i will put on here. the thing is i have 3200 msp to spend and would like to make all of the games i find worthwhile

aces of the galaxy
alien hominid hd
arkadian warriors
assault heroes
bomberman
castlevania
doom
fatal fury special
heavy weapon
ikaruga
marathon
marble blast ultra
n+
omega five
penny arcade game
poker smash
rez hd
roboblitz
roogoo
sensible soccer
small arms
tetris splash
tmnt
worms

i would prefer if the game didnt have all easy achievements as i would probably lose interest in a game in the rare case that i unlock them all.

Parkerktm
06-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Arkadian Warriors (800)
Assault Heroes (400)
Bomberman Live (800)
N+ (800)
Small Arms (400)
Tetris Splash (800)

Those are by far the best arcade games on that list and probably on marketplace with the exception of a few others. Pick and chose from those, thats my suggestion.

Bleeding Star
06-06-2008, 05:20 PM
Definatly get Worms! Possibly DOOM, two good games right there

Keano
06-06-2008, 05:23 PM
There is a stickied thread in this section that goes through some arcade games: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50064

I looked through the thread and some of the games that you have listed and are there are:

Alien Hominid HD, N+, Doom, Bomberman Live, Sensible World Of Soccer.

Bolt
06-07-2008, 01:09 AM
Bomberman, N+, Small Arms, and Ikaruga are all really good

Groundogg
06-07-2008, 01:16 AM
Assault Heroes.
Worms.
SWOS.
Marble Blast Ultra.

Good games, also I would recommend 3D Ultra Mini Golf Adventures, unless you have already tried it. That is high up in my favorite arcade games, so fucking fun.

Disc07
06-07-2008, 08:18 AM
I would have to say:

N+ (so fun, but get ready to be pissed at the increasingly complicating levels)
Penny Arcade Episode 1
TMNT 1989 Arcade
Tetris Splash
Uno

and from what i hear Outpost Kaloki X is pretty unique and fun, too

But those other 5 are must haves. ;)

EvilestBean
06-07-2008, 10:06 AM
I would get :
Penny Arcade - good game and funny to play
SWOS - Great fun brings back memorys
Worms - Again funny and fun
Arkadian Warriors - Good Game

I only chose them cos I have them and I havent played any of the others, but the ones I have listed are very good, hope that helps.:):):):)

EvilestBeanXX

b3nnyth3gr33k
06-07-2008, 10:22 AM
marble blast 400
small arms 400
worms 800
assault heroes 400
tmnt 400 :)

Ashz0r
06-07-2008, 02:29 PM
Heres the ones I would pick and my reasons.

alien hominid hd - Brain Eating Crazy Platform Madness what more do you want?
arkadian warriors - Enjoyable but gets quite repeatative near the end (its a simple dungeon diving hack and slash)
assault heroes - This game is made of pure "win" lol
bomberman - Who doesn't love bomberman? I grew up on this.. hours of multiplayer fun
penny arcade game - Brilliant turn based RPG with the same humour from the penny arcade webcomic.
poker smash - I'm not very good at this but I do love it still.
tetris splash - Very good take on Tetris with some challanging acheivements.. always plenty of people to battle online.
worms - Not as enjoyable as the originals but still very good.

Perfectionist66
06-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Doom ftw. Great fun, amazing online for an old game, and hard but definitely doable achievements.

edd__
06-07-2008, 10:01 PM
Bomberman is far too easy achievements to be worth 800MSP. i did all 200 points in one day :\

I'd thoroughly recommend Track & Field. Best arcade game imo.

Ashz0r
06-07-2008, 11:21 PM
Bomberman is far too easy achievements to be worth 800MSP. i did all 200 points in one day :

^^ You forget the gameplay makes it worth 800MSP.

In my opinion anyway.

edd__
06-08-2008, 11:47 AM
^^ You forget the gameplay makes it worth 800MSP.

In my opinion anyway.
I'd disagree with that tbh. Of course it's an opinion thing, no wrong or right, but i just felt that the game wasn't enough fun for the price. I enjoyed it yeah, but i used to have a similar Bomberman on my pc yeaaars ago, when i was still Windows 95 i think, and i really enjoyed that, played it avidly. Can't imagine myself doing that with the XBL Bomberman. But then again, i'm am substantially older now than back then, so yeah.

Still, khamelion says he doesn't want a game with easy achievements, and Bomberman definitely fits that bracket