PDA

View Full Version : Release date

Pointless Dan
06-07-2008, 04:01 PM
I have just been to 3 stores in the UK (GAME, Zavvi and HMV) and checked a few web sites too and they all say the 13th June. Does anyone know if this is official or am I just going to be disappointed next week?

The Pants Party
06-07-2008, 04:41 PM
So you've at the very least quadruple checked and still don't believe it?

It is indeed the 13th.

tastefulmrship
06-07-2008, 06:16 PM
play.com will release it on Wednesday to arrive either Thursday* or the pre-allotted Friday. Looks like this WON'T be an unlucky Friday 13th!

(* My copy of Mass Effect arrived on the Thursday and was the first person on the UK Achievement Leaderboards!)

To sum up... it's released on FRIDAY 13TH JUNE 2008.

eldavido13
06-07-2008, 08:12 PM
I just got back from EB and they said July 8th :( I guess its being realesed early in UK.

Pointless Dan
06-07-2008, 08:14 PM
ok, so I know this sounds a little stupid, but it is in Q3 releases on this site and some other 360 sites have it at a US release of 8th July.

Edit: I guess after years of my American friends playing stuff weeks before me, just made me assume we were getting it after the US. So it is July 8th in the US and June 13th in the UK!

Darth Odan
06-07-2008, 08:28 PM
Europe gets it before the US. It blows :(

tastefulmrship
06-08-2008, 07:39 AM
Y-E-S! Finally, us Europeans get something decent before you Americans! And considering Sid Meier is an American, you'd have thought us Europeans would've been left behind, again! Su-f*cking-perb!

THERE. IS. A. GOD! HALLELUJAH!

(Sorry, but we don't get this very often; we have to milk it while we can!)

Roaming Dragon
06-09-2008, 07:06 PM
I thought this was coming out on June 8th, so i went on to Play.com and i ordered it but it came up at a Pre-order for June 13th. Woo.

I cannot wait for this game.

-Roaming Dragon

koosbane
06-10-2008, 02:24 PM
This makes me disappointed I just completed the demo and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

sirbrady
06-10-2008, 02:32 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I was SO looking forward to an weekend of nothing to do but play Civ.......... Oh well.... it Gives me 3 1/2 weeks to figure out how to win a domination victory by 1250AD on the demo

tastefulmrship
06-10-2008, 03:59 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I was SO looking forward to an weekend of nothing to do but play Civ.......... Oh well.... it Gives me 3 1/2 weeks to figure out how to win a domination victory by 1250AD on the demo

Here's a hint...
- Research POTTERY + MASONRY + MATHS, then ALPHABET + WRITING.
- Get 3, or if possible 4, cities (with a decent distance apart & roads!) all creating CATAPULTS and SPYS. (Rush if you have to!)
- Kill away!

(A base army of CATAPULTS is 30 attack, with the SPY reducing defences, all 3 cities are an easy target if you're ROMAN and you start at the TOP start-point! You can't make it up to the top in time if you start at the BOTTOM start-point. Remember; roads between cities cost 1 move, even if it transports you half-way across the map!)

Look out for more Civ:Rev strategies from the one-true Sid Meier fan over the next few weeks! (Pirates, though, is STILL my favourite!)

killerc0P
06-10-2008, 04:33 PM
play.com say that product is in stock and "usually dispatched within 24 hours"
might give it a go doesn't say anything about pre order.

ThunderStorm101
06-10-2008, 06:19 PM
play.com say that product is in stock and "usually dispatched within 24 hours"
might give it a go doesn't say anything about pre order.

because of deliver times most people wont get it till friday anyway

tastefulmrship
06-10-2008, 09:28 PM
Correct; play.com will release the game tomorrow, but because post from Jersey has to pass customs, it won't reach UK sorting offices until Thursday night; ready for 1st post Friday morning.
Sometimes (if you're dang lucky) it gets through quicker and it arrives Thursday morning... like my Mass Effect SE did!

Ben Sharpe
06-10-2008, 09:43 PM
I got mass effect a day early too, but my 360 was sent away the day before it came lol

I played the demo, and tbh it was good but no way am I spending the full 30 quid on it

PS: We get Alone in the Dark before the Americans too

ph201
06-10-2008, 10:11 PM
I have an idea! How about both games are released at the same time for both countries?

No wait.

That's crazy talk.

Pointless Dan
06-10-2008, 10:18 PM
I have an idea! How about both games are released at the same time for both countries?

No wait.

That's crazy talk.

That is just crazy talk! It makes no sense at all.

sirbrady
06-10-2008, 10:56 PM
Here's a hint...
- Research POTTERY + MASONRY + MATHS, then ALPHABET + WRITING.
- Get 3, or if possible 4, cities (with a decent distance apart & roads!) all creating CATAPULTS and SPYS. (Rush if you have to!)
- Kill away!

(A base army of CATAPULTS is 30 attack, with the SPY reducing defences, all 3 cities are an easy target if you're ROMAN and you start at the TOP start-point! You can't make it up to the top in time if you start at the BOTTOM start-point. Remember; roads between cities cost 1 move, even if it transports you half-way across the map!)

Look out for more Civ:Rev strategies from the one-true Sid Meier fan over the next few weeks! (Pirates, though, is STILL my favourite!)

so you think this will work for a pre 1000ad victory on king?

Feel My Rage
06-11-2008, 04:25 AM

No wait.

That's crazy talk.
Herasy!Games will only ever be released on one continent at a time!Days, sometimes weeks or months apart!:p

Sucks that we Americans won't be getting this in June, i was really looking forward to it....oh well, no i can acctually make the money i need to to be able to buy this in july,lol

tastefulmrship
06-11-2008, 06:37 AM
so you think this will work for a pre 1000ad victory on king?

Possibly, but I'd wager that this needs to be a DIPLOMATIC victory, rather than a CONQUEST. Also, the name 'That We May Live in Peace' could be another subtle clue!

sirbrady
06-11-2008, 02:47 PM
Possibly, but I'd wager that this needs to be a DIPLOMATIC victory, rather than a CONQUEST. Also, the name 'That We May Live in Peace' could be another subtle clue!

LOL, yeah maybe i should read the NAME of the achievement instead of just the description!

tastefulmrship
06-11-2008, 04:02 PM
Email from play.com this morning... Civ:Rev is on it's way!
Hurrah and huzzah!

Tricause
06-11-2008, 09:22 PM
Email from play.com this morning... Civ:Rev is on it's way!
Hurrah and huzzah!
Lucky son of a...

Unfortunately, I am an American, so one more month for me. Looks like Europe gets one before us (like ArmA). And as the others said, releasing the games on the same date everywhere is "crazy talk, it can't be done" (Civilizations IV quote, get it?).

Binty
06-12-2008, 10:11 AM
Play.com rule!!! Just got the game through! Just over 5hrs till I can get it home to play though!

tastefulmrship
06-12-2008, 12:55 PM
Just starting my third play-through! ^_^

Binty
06-12-2008, 01:02 PM
Damn you! (waves fist) 80min to home time!

Roaming Dragon
06-12-2008, 01:22 PM
Nearing the end of my first play through, waht can i say ... What a game!

tastefulmrship
06-12-2008, 02:57 PM
3 Civs down... 13 to go!

Tricause
06-13-2008, 09:53 PM
3 Civs down... 13 to go! I'm about to kill you.

tastefulmrship
06-14-2008, 06:46 AM
I'm about to kill you.

No you're not! ^_^ U love me really! Oh, now I've only got 4 civs to win with. Will do that today, easy!