PDA

View Full Version : Stop suggesting Stairway!!!

I Lynch012 I
06-09-2008, 08:19 PM
If they get the rights for Led Zeppelin songs to be put into this game I will be pissed if they pick Stairway to Heaven. Listen to the first 7 1/2 minutes. Does anyone think it would be fun to play at all??? It has a pretty cool solo that would be easy for Guitar Hero and is not very long. You would be able to star power through it.

Same goes for all Pink Floyd songs. They have some of the best songs ever but would be terrible for Guitar Hero.

If they were to pick a Zeppelin song they should choose their best song and longest Achilles Last Stand.

/end rant:drunk

tl;dr-Stairway would be terrible for GH, Achilles Last Stand would own.

good ol boy366
06-10-2008, 12:53 AM
hmm...agreed...but...i would also enjoy kashmir...your thoughts?

Melo2010
06-10-2008, 01:14 AM
kashmir and houses of the holy would be good songs to add in the game

Otisbum
06-10-2008, 01:41 AM
I'd settle for Achilles or Kashmir. Much better songs, at least because they haven't been overplayed (well, Achilles hasn't been overplayed).

Lamar Ryder
06-11-2008, 12:58 AM
Hey man, this is a fuckin forum, so just let people post and suggest whatever they want! Don't try to change people's opinions bro!

Although I don't agree, some people say the exact same thing about One.

shiningcheese
07-11-2008, 07:33 PM
I would love to hear some Led Zeppelin on GH, not stairway but definitely some kashmir, whole lotta love, hell the list is basically their whole catalog. The only thing that doesn't get my hopes up is the fact that Jimmy Page (the guitarist) was quoted saying he doesn't want to lend the master recordings over for guitar hero or rock band because of how valuable they are and how easy they are to lose. He mentions other reasons as well.

link:
http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/07/led-zeppelin-un.html

This is a problem because that basically means one of two options.
1) We will never see Led Zeppelin in a GH or RB game or
2) We will have a half assed cover version of the song. Besides nobody (i mean NOBODY) does Led Zeppelin like Led Zeppelin.

Iv VeNoM vI
07-17-2008, 03:58 AM
it woild be just like playing ONE and i love ONE.

djerwin135
07-18-2008, 03:02 AM
are you fucking kidding me? pink floyd not good for Guitar hero!? your fucking dumb... obviously you have only listened to dark side of the moon...

wish you where here, the wall, i mean FUCK! PERFECT opening songs.

but i do agree with the stair way to heaven rant... they should put in Achilles or Kashmir.

Who128
07-21-2008, 12:35 AM
You forgot another point about putting "Stairway To Heaven" in GH4, and that point is the song, in general sucks horribly. Way overrated. Led Zeppelin sucks. Robert Plant sucks. Jimmy Page sucks. John Bonham sucks. John Paul Jones sucks.

End of discussion.

antnie
07-21-2008, 12:42 AM
I would like Kashmir, Black Dog, Rock and Roll, Lemon Song, the list can go on.

SaCkaveli20
08-17-2008, 04:44 PM
Why is this even being discussed? Zeppelin will never be in a music game. That's the only thing that's been 'confirmed' for them lol..

Gun-Nut
08-17-2008, 05:11 PM
"Remember: NO STAIRWAY."

braddelo
08-20-2008, 09:48 AM
You forgot another point about putting "Stairway To Heaven" in GH4, and that point is the song, in general sucks horribly. Way overrated. Led Zeppelin sucks. Robert Plant sucks. Jimmy Page sucks. John Bonham sucks. John Paul Jones sucks.

End of discussion.

You are a fucking idiot. Bonham was one of the best drummers ever. Give me an example of "talented" musicians. My god I hope you are joking.

And more on topic. Stairway would be great for Guitar Hero....World Tour. I mean the singing is worth it by itself. Maybe it's better suited for Rock Band (which I prefer cause everybody who plays GH now is a little bastard). But who cares anyway cause we'll never see Zeppelin in anything haha.

edd__
08-20-2008, 09:53 AM
Yeah, i totally have to agree with the above poster. I'm not a big Led Zep fan, but they are all talented musicians, especially Bonham who is one of the best drummers ever. Srsly.

Craigimuss
09-12-2008, 09:31 PM
I think that Stairway to heaven may be boring but if they want to put it in then it shold be a unlockable extra so u don't have to play it to complete the career like 'Kings and Queens' on aerosmith or TTFATF on GH3.