PDA

View Full Version : Where's Batman?

OMGIZZLEZ
06-09-2008, 10:59 PM
I've been anticipating the new Batman movie "The Dark Knight" for some time now, and it got me thinking that theres no Batman games for the 360. We have Superman, Spiderman, Ironman, and now the Hulk, but no Batman.

I know the Mortal Kombat vs. DC game will have Batman in it, but Im thinking that they should make a Batman game for the 360. Anyone else's thoughts on this?

IRONMAN
06-09-2008, 11:05 PM
Nah..movie games just end up being a waste of time. If they made a unrelated Batman game, I'd be all over that.. You should be happy they aren't going to disappoint you with a crappy game..

Although, i personally enjoy some movie games, overall they never succeed as much as we, the gamers hope.

XoreElon
06-09-2008, 11:07 PM
They are, though it'll be Lego Batman, due out in 3rd quarter 2008.

OMGIZZLEZ
06-09-2008, 11:07 PM
Nah..movie games just end up being a waste of time. If they made a unrelated Batman game, I'd be all over that.. You should be happy they aren't going to disappoint you with a crappy game..

Although, i personally enjoy some movie games, overall they never succeed as much as we, the gamers hope.

Yeah, usually movie games just suck. If they did make one not primarily based off the plot of the movie, but in kind of the same atmosphere and somewhat like the movie I think that would be a great game.

EDIT @ XoreElon: Really? I checked to make sure cause I thought you were kidding due to the amount of releases of Lego games recently haha.

Bleeding Star
06-10-2008, 12:06 PM
LEGO Batman is out soon, I think thatll be better than ANY game of the movie, movie games are usually terrible but LEGO games are very very good in my opinion. Sure it could be said its aimed more at the kids but still Lego Batman is looking to be a good game

Ashz0r
06-10-2008, 12:12 PM
Batman is in the next Mortal Kombat. But I guess it isn't a Batman game.

ZiM1021
06-10-2008, 01:14 PM
I was wondering about this too and hoping there would actually be a Dark Knight game. Apparently, the Batman Begins game wasn't too bad (never played it myself) so I assumed there would be a game for this movie as well. Would've been nice though. :(

OMGIZZLEZ
06-10-2008, 03:54 PM
LEGO Batman is out soon, I think thatll be better than ANY game of the movie, movie games are usually terrible but LEGO games are very very good in my opinion. Sure it could be said its aimed more at the kids but still Lego Batman is looking to be a good game

Yeah, I'll definately be looking into it, and Lego Indy :woop:

UNDERWALLY
06-11-2008, 02:53 AM
Yeah, LEGO Batman will be great, I'm still waiting for LEGO Indy to be available for rent, I can't wait, and I think it's good that there's no Batman movie game, it would be probably crappy

dudecrazy108
06-13-2008, 01:02 AM
Lego Batman is coming out and not all movie games are bad. I just rented the new Hulk game and it is not that bad so far, its alot of fun.

kentarulez
06-13-2008, 04:17 PM
it would be good to see a Batman game with all the enemies in, and where you can play as Robin and use the Batmobile too! Just go around Gotham city, or do missions.

Never Final
06-13-2008, 06:11 PM
On Lego Indy there is a trailer for Lego Batman. It looks to be good. Some of the characters look hilarious as Legos. Especially the Penguin.

RFT 123
06-13-2008, 06:14 PM
Hopefully Lego Batman will do. It sure as hell sounds good anyway.

its delicious
06-15-2008, 02:45 AM
They need to make a Batman game in which he flips out and kills everyone in the DC universe. I don't care why he'd do it, but it'd be the best Batman game ever.

Spliff Starz
06-15-2008, 04:21 PM
Movie Game are VERY BAD !

Svpernaut
06-15-2008, 05:37 PM
yah ironman is right most movie games suck!

spilner100
06-17-2008, 05:50 PM
your ll right movie games suck coz you have to follow the film story line and it ends up ruining the movie if you dont watch it like the old star wars episode 3 game, before the film came out i knew everting that was going to hapen. im looking forward to the lego batman game too looks good fomr the trailer on lego indy, not sure on the 'story line' though

reddragon6288
06-19-2008, 03:23 PM
Well my guess is that we will not see a movie based game for the Dark Knight, mainly based on the fact that they don't want to take sales away from Lego Batman, that or they could have done the same thing with the game that they did with movie theaters. With Ledger died they freaked and asked that all movie posters (with the Joker present) and all trailers be removed from the theater floor and screenings. Thank you Ledger for the lack of a movie game...no really, thank you.

If they do make a Batman game, they need to take the idea of a cross between GTA and Spiderman. Not hijacking cars or shooting everyone, but a mission based game with a large world to just run around. Even though your running around though, like Spiderman, have trigger missions as well. You go to a small side mission that happens to turn out to trigger a story mission. One that moves you closer to one of the big baddies (Joker, Two-Face, Penguin, Catwoman, etc...). Also a 'call batmobile' feature to get around quicker without the idea of hijacking cars. A chase mission would be fun in my opinion, especially since the batmobile has so many gadgets! But now I'm just wishing for too much and am talking out loud too much. :)