PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VII

Pwnd1337
06-10-2008, 02:55 PM
Do you think there will be a remake for the PS3/360?

Personally, I hope they do, cause I've lost my FFVII (been looking all day for it).

Ashz0r
06-10-2008, 02:58 PM
I lent my FFVII away years ago and forgot who I lent it to :( It would be a good Arcade addition ^^
One of my all time favourite games.

Pieface
06-10-2008, 03:49 PM
I lent my FFVII away years ago and forgot who I lent it to :( It would be a good Arcade addition ^^
One of my all time favourite games.
I'd try and get it back mate, can sell for around 20-30 now.

Yann
06-10-2008, 03:51 PM
I got new copies of FF7 and FF8 off Amazon a few years ago for 30. They go for alot since I think they're out of print etc. Final Fantasy 6 would make a good addition for XBLA since its sprite based and wouldnt take up as much room as FF7 did.

eli1277
06-10-2008, 05:03 PM
no they will not make a remake of this game. SE already said they will not be making a remake.

Gaurdy3G
06-10-2008, 05:54 PM
this is really sore subject, my ps memory corrupted not long ago and i lost nearly 50 hours of gameplay of this. :(

id love to see a next gen remake but yeh, never gonna happen.

MightyWingo
06-10-2008, 06:56 PM
I think it would sell if they did a re-release but squenix has said many times that they won't be doing a remake.

Ashz0r
06-10-2008, 11:08 PM
If you all like Final Fantasy VII though I seriously suggest you check out Lost Odyssey, its developed by Microsoft Games but they have the Lead Designer of FFI to FFVIII working for them now. I would say Lost Odyssey goes back to the core design of FFVII and is just as good..if not better.

Lost Odyssey also has the same music composer (collabarating with the blackmages still) as FFVII did making even more awesome music.

narcolepticshee
06-10-2008, 11:15 PM
also has the same music composer (collabarating with the blackmages still) as FFVII did making even more awesome music.

Nobeo Uematsu is INTENSE - my favourite composer of all time and apparently... he's not even musically trained?! WOOOIIII!

Peace

DHSlash
06-10-2008, 11:36 PM
no they will not make a remake of this game. SE already said they will not be making a remake.

Wrong. They said they can't make a remake now because all the team is doing other projects like Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIII Versus, they have not ruled out a possiability of making a remake.

I don't like the idea of remakes as I reckon its just pure laziness in coming up with a new idea for once. But with so many people wanting it, SE remaking IV, V and VI on DS and that if it came out they could literally print money, it would actually be bigger then God, I think it will happen its only a matter of time.

Anyways, I don't care that much I think it is an over-rated game, with over-rated characters although I love it I still think its over-rated by people who rave about it and have never played it. I think I'll stick with my good ol' 2D Final Fantasy VI, which is the best RPG ever made.

Segnius
06-10-2008, 11:42 PM
I don't really see the point, it's way overrated. I guess they would probably make a lot of money from it because of that though.

Yann
06-10-2008, 11:57 PM
Wrong. They said they can't make a remake now because all the team is doing other projects like Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIII Versus, they have not ruled out a possiability of making a remake.

I don't like the idea of remakes as I reckon its just pure laziness in coming up with a new idea for once. But with so many people wanting it, SE remaking IV, V and VI on DS and that if it came out they could literally print money, it would actually be bigger then God, I think it will happen its only a matter of time.

Anyways, I don't care that much I think it is an over-rated game, with over-rated characters although I love it I still think its over-rated by people who rave about it and have never played it. I think I'll stick with my good ol' 2D Final Fantasy VI, which is the best RPG ever made.

Agree'd FFVI > FFVII

I could possibly see Sony doing it though, judging by their console sales they'll need another MGS4 etc to shift more consoles. The fanboys will be lining up to get PS3s like someones giving away free money if they release a remake of FFVII exclusivley for the PS3.

Bzook
06-12-2008, 09:01 AM
i miss materia, thats all. put materia in some other decent jrpg, like LO, and i'd play it all day.

I WANTS MATERIA!

narcolepticshee
06-12-2008, 09:06 AM
I don't think they will make it actually - it might upset a lot of fans if they do a poor job or change some things that shouldn't be changed. I'd be happy if they released the original on the PSN

Peace

[Waggly Bean]
06-12-2008, 09:15 AM
I don't think they will make it actually - it might upset a lot of fans if they do a poor job or change some things that shouldn't be changed. I'd be happy if they released the original on the PSN

Peace

I agree with this to an extent. A duplicate release through the PSN is definitely the safest way for them to go, although it would be a tad disappointing if it was exactly the same. Not sure I'd bother to go through it AGAIN if it were identical. It'd still bag them tonnes of money.

Mind you, there'd be A LOT more money to be made if it were remade as new retail title. And you know that even if it was bashed by all the fans, they would still buy it as it would still be a Final Fantasy game, and even more, it would still be FFVII in some form or other. It probably wouldn't really hurt sales even if they screwed it up royally! I'm sure it'd be bigger than GTA / Halo 3 or any of the recent hyped games. It'd be RIDICULOUS on launch. And Square Enix would be laughing and rolling around in a huge pile of money.

cityfan23
10-11-2011, 12:48 PM
i always prefered ff8 to 7 but would buy them again in a heartbeat, cant guess what achievements would be thrown in tho

Dav13s
10-11-2011, 01:08 PM
i always prefered ff8 to 7 but would buy them again in a heartbeat, cant guess what achievements would be thrown in tho

Incredible resurrection. Hats off to you sir!

Pickproofswine
10-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Haha i like the nearly 2 year gap between posts :) would love to see the playstation FF's on xboxlive doubt its ever gonna happen tho! anyone remember Grandia on psone awesome game id pay full price to have that on my box!:):):)

tehapoc
10-11-2011, 06:45 PM
SE has expressed some interest in releasing a bundle, but they don't think the demand would be high enough and thus not profitable. Total bullshit.

Oh, and FFVII sucked. IV, VI, IX and Tactics are easily the best games in the series.

DragoonCheetah
10-11-2011, 10:16 PM
Give it time. With the way the fanbase is literally BEGGING for it, they'll break down and remake it. It'll probably happen as a port to a handheld system or a PSN buy, though.

Pickproofswine
10-11-2011, 10:22 PM
FF9 was my favourite loved every minute of that game :) might have to end up getting a ps3 just to download 6,7,8and 9 .

E10phoenix
10-11-2011, 11:01 PM
Personally, i don't think this game needs a remake. People nowadays are filled with so much nostalgia about their past, that they may forget some of the games short comings.

For example, i always go on about how much i love the sonic adventure series, but when i recently played it, i noticed it was plagued with poor camera angles and voice overs that made my ears curl up! The problem is either I forget some of its bad traits, or i was simply too young to notice such trivial matters.

Another problem is that people are way too picky about things nowadays too. Everyone wants to be a critic. And everything is always being compared to something or another.

My point is, if they remake such a well loved classic like FF7, there's a big change they'll do it wrong some how (looking at square-enix's records recently, i'd say its pretty much certain) and many people will turn to the internet to let out their rage. I do not want to have to read about that crap every day lol

Dont remake it, Give me a new story/game thats original anyday

p.s Final Fantasy 9 is better :woop:

balance13
10-11-2011, 11:02 PM
If they did release a remake of it that would be the day I buy a PS3(if it was an exclusive). That or Legend of Dragoon.

Lord Montymort
10-12-2011, 12:28 AM
I would prefer a remake of IX or IV before VII, but I certainty wouldn't say no. However all the PS1 games really need is to be upgraded to HD, as there gameplay shouldn't be changed (except maybe VIII's battle system, the fact you can use GF's every turn makes it far too easy), and the I-VI still look great in 2D so there's no need to remake them at all, except to possibly add voice acting, which isn't needed.

Devils Pr0d1gy
10-14-2011, 11:50 AM
Would be awesome to see a remake, I played that game for so many hours. I've still got my original game but my PS finally gave up the fight.

I always look at the game case on my shelf and think one day I'll play you again, I guess I should just sell it though .... Nah I can't sell it lol

Akuza
10-14-2011, 12:45 PM
They will only remake it for ps3!

That's if they do at alll :)

Croc 494
10-15-2011, 01:36 PM

Same as me. I loved 8 and fell in love with it instantly. Would buy them instantly if I saw a remake, Even if I had to buy a Ps3.

Sampson
10-15-2011, 04:15 PM
Wishful thinking. But yeah, it would really be great. I loved that game so much and Dirge of Cerberus right after was really amazing.

ryknow21
10-16-2011, 02:01 AM
Square Enix would be dumb to not port FFXII to the 360 and/or PS3. It's one of the greatest games ever made, and is the sole reason I still actively use my PS2slim.

halu
10-16-2011, 05:23 PM
i hope there will be a port

Chuslucas
10-16-2011, 08:01 PM
I don't think Square Enix will do the remake, but they didn't do sequels of their FF games until FFX-2 and now FFXIII-2

It is a game wich brings me a lot of memories, so I don't know if I really want to see a remake. I don't want to be dissapointed.