PDA

View Full Version : Prey Update Coming Soon

Sarge McLarge
08-13-2006, 12:04 AM
Good news for Prey multiplayer fans...

Prey v1.1 Patch

We're currently working on a 1.1 patch for Prey to fix several bugs and a couple of additions. Here is the (not final) list of changes:

Fixed a crash at startup on some machines
Fixed an occasional crash on the dedicated server
Fixed a crash when using image_usecache cvar with very big textures. Textures whose lowest mip map doesn't fit will be default texture.
This was causing a crash when a modified prey was loading "Mother's Embrace".
Fixed a crash on some machines when reading savegames.
Some timedemo features not appearing if you restart between record/playback
Added widescreen resolutions to menus
Updated multiplayer browser to fix servers not showing up due to DNS resolution
Updated multiplayer browser not keeping join button up to date when server summary wasn't the active tab.
Updated multiplayer browser so punkbuster icons show up in their column properly
Updated multiplayer browser so mod games' icons show up properly
Updated multiplayer browser so server scanning is more consistent on slower connections
Fixed multiplayer weapon exploit Venom is working on a 360 patch for Prey which will address the network lag issues on the 360 as well as fix several bugs there as well.
No ETA yet on the release of either of these patches, other than we hope to have them resolved and out very, very soon.
New Content for Prey

There's also new content for Prey coming soon -- still in the process of finalizing the new maps. We've read online that some people have requested maps that function well as 1v1 maps. So, we've taken that to heart and have been working on four maps that work better with a smaller number of people 2-4 players. Of course, you can still play with more than four in the maps, but they can get pretty insane.
Also, we're adding in six new player characters:
- Four female characters: Jen, Elhuit, Mother, and Becky (the blond victim you see occasionally on slabs in the single player Prey)
- Two Hunter characters: Hunter and Elite Hunter
Similar to the 1.1 patch, no ETA on the release on this, other than soon. We're still working on finishing the maps and play balancing them. We'll announce the release date for this, once we're closer to final. Watch 3DR's page, or Prey.com for that info.
Yes, this additional content will be released on the 360 as well. Further details about possible points cost of the extra content for the 360 has yet to be determined.
Well, that's all for now. We'll definitely keep everyone posted on the status of the patch and of the new content.
Until next time, stay out of trouble.
Chris Rhinehart - Prey Project Lead
Human Head Studios

Webb
08-13-2006, 12:58 AM
Sarge, top find as per usual :D

NinjaFighter202
08-13-2006, 01:57 AM
nice update does anyone know when it is going to come out?

Sarge McLarge
08-13-2006, 02:49 AM
nice update does anyone know when it is going to come out?

"No ETA yet on the release of either of these patches, other than we hope to have them resolved and out very, very soon."

seantak
08-15-2006, 04:26 PM
Well I think it came yesterday. I was playing online for awhile but yesterday I had to update. Online is a little less lagged. I dont get as much "invisible barrier" as before. It kinda jerks for a second and then I can move around.

Emerson
08-16-2006, 04:03 PM
I just got some sort of update when I popped in the disk.

Sarge McLarge
08-18-2006, 07:43 PM
I just got some sort of update when I popped in the disk.
Heres some info on the update that came out a couple days ago...
Wondering what has been updated with the Xbox Live patch that was just recently released for Prey? 3D Realms have released the following information:
A number of small (mainly sound) issues which were fixed in the week or so after the released Xbox 360 version was submitted
Load/Save ambient music disappearing
Centurion Gun sound problem
Crawler defaulting
Texture corruption
16:9 hud fixes
Quit out of ranked match early exploit fix
Improved match searches
Mutiplayer lag issues. From Venom on the issue: "We have dropped the requirment as much as physically possible without a complete rewrite... this enabled us to host 6 players on a 256k upstream (whereas before we could only host 2-3)".

Hawformel06910
09-11-2006, 03:19 AM
They are not going to be able to fix the lag on the game they may be able to patch it up a little but they can;t fix it becasue its the server lol so if they say there gonna fix the lag they probly mean they gonna make it lag a little less.