PDA

View Full Version : World Record 32 seconds?!?!

Sxate
06-10-2008, 09:26 PM
I tried for the achievement of completing the Okutama Grand Circuit in under 90 seconds today...Only to find that someone (Dan2k8uk) has managed it in 32 seconds.

I added his ghost to the track and he seems to drive straight through the wall (just before you pass under the japanese structure and into the mountain).

WTF!?

LiamW92
06-10-2008, 09:38 PM
I tried for the achievement of completing the Okutama Grand Circuit in under 90 seconds today...Only to find that someone (Dan2k8uk) has managed it in 32 seconds.

I added his ghost to the track and he seems to drive straight through the wall (just before you pass under the japanese structure and into the mountain).

WTF!?

I believe he would have done it online, where the games are so laggy the game ends early ect. stupid really :( i hate when people win like this

Sxate
06-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Oh, yeh I guess that was how it was done.

Sucks to be him, although it probably wasn't intentional everyone is gonna hate him now. >:)

ShiryuX
06-10-2008, 09:42 PM
To be honest, I wouldn't look too much at the leaderboards right now. People seem to be glitching it and end races way earlier than possible. I've raced a few times with me as 2nd and another guy just in front of me, just to find out in the 2nd lap someone already ended the race in 1st, pushing me and the guy in front of me to 2nd and 3rd without seeing anyone pass us by.

Not cool imo -.-, if you want to be on leaderboards, do it the normal way!

pavementpoop
06-10-2008, 10:31 PM
im finding that achievement hard i've tryed it in the f1 cars and got every corner pretty nice also without breaking that much the whole lap but seem to get no less than 1.45 so 15 seconds out hmmm any help?

corrme
06-10-2008, 11:36 PM
i did it in the mazda, set a time of 1:30:07 or something then used that ghost & just beat that to get the achievement, took about 9-10 attempts in total

Sxate
06-11-2008, 12:03 AM
I've just managed 1:29:39 in the 10,000,000 Audi.

Took me quite a while, I was getting SO p1ss3d off!

LiamW92
06-11-2008, 05:52 AM
I got the time in 1:29:31 in the Mazda (Prototype thingy) i found it way easier than with the Audi, i think the Audi is too fast and not as good braking as mazda..

but its whatever car you feel combfortable in.. i also managed it on my 4th attempt

MadcatNL
06-11-2008, 07:27 AM
To be honest, I wouldn't look too much at the leaderboards right now. People seem to be glitching it and end races way earlier than possible. I've raced a few times with me as 2nd and another guy just in front of me, just to find out in the 2nd lap someone already ended the race in 1st, pushing me and the guy in front of me to 2nd and 3rd without seeing anyone pass us by.

As explained already, nothing you can do about this, even not as the person that is finishing first. It happened to me a few times and I really had no clue how it happened.

JVodka
06-11-2008, 11:31 PM

I've seen this happen in games like forza and GTA. It's just something that happens with poor connections or lag. Some people are probably able to get this to happen on purpose, but most might have no idea it's happening while they are playing.

Roaming Dragon
06-12-2008, 09:09 AM
I added his ghost to the track

How did you add his ghost? I'm having trouble figuring this one out?

-Roaming Dragon

STEVO91
06-12-2008, 01:03 PM
its not glitching thy dont choose to do it. its down to the servers its happened it me a few times it just randomly happens. all what happens is that yor racing around normally and all of a sudden u get a brown screen, so if this does actually happen 2 u stay in the same game and race around again. it will happen again but! it will sort your mileage out on your card just so u dont look like a idiot glitcher. and trust me it cud happen 2 anyone its not down to yor connection iv got 20 meg and iv still had it.

i got a 1.29.3 in the audi and i still didnt get the achievement. then i checked the leaderboards 2 see if i was right and its 1.29.3 so why aint i got the achievement lol :@

Sxate
06-12-2008, 01:45 PM

-Roaming Dragon

To add his ghost just select the World Record ghost and it will ask you to confirm if you want to download it to the track.

Jacabongo
06-12-2008, 02:21 PM
Yeah I saw him do that. must be some glitch or something cos I stupidly thought I would trty and follow his which resulted with me with my nose in the wall. Still got the achievement after a few tries so all was good....

mastercamo
06-12-2008, 05:21 PM
oh well after the update tis should all be fixed.

the edge
06-16-2008, 06:43 PM
well i realy need help with this one . 128.4 is my best time looked for it on te leader board and its not there . i got no achivement. wtf . so i tried again and got 129.30 no achive. and no time on the leader board . so off i went again and again etc. still no achivement. i need some help any one out there who will help me with this . and ill trade something back hit me up the edge1970 thanks

case
06-17-2008, 12:31 AM
i'm really confused.. the WR shows up on the listing as being for a Formula 3 car (so is the ghost) when I have the NSX Type-R selected.. i was wondering why it told me i'd set the WR a few times, and then i went back to see that i was actually about 20-30 seconds slower, lol. shouldn't the WR displayed correspond to the car you're driving?

NISSM0
06-17-2008, 01:32 PM
well i realy need help with this one . 128.4 is my best time looked for it on te leader board and its not there . i got no achivement. wtf . so i tried again and got 129.30 no achive. and no time on the leader board . so off i went again and again etc. still no achivement. i need some help any one out there who will help me with this . and ill trade something back hit me up the edge1970 thanks
You have to run the track on Test Drive. Can not be in Race Day or a Grid Event. You must be in Grid World then view cars, select your car you want to use, then you see test drive on the bottom, select the track Okatama Grand Circuit have at it. You can load your ghost car of your personal best to help you run that time again.

Minardi 05
06-17-2008, 03:09 PM
i got this achievement online in the Mazda 787B with a lap of 1:27.95 which i was surprised at because your only supposed to get this achievement in test drive mode

YurtleTehTurle
06-17-2008, 03:17 PM

WTF!?

I'm with you on this - I think Codemasters have taken the term Ghost Car a little too literally!!!

They should erase the glitched times from the Server so we can appreciate (and, ahem copy) the genuine players.

playa pat bsb
06-19-2008, 08:27 PM
I p.chatted the number 2 guy and he said that he has a fast car from winning everything and thats how he did it.
but i looked at his achievements and he doesnt even have that one

playa pat bsb
06-22-2008, 05:08 AM

-Roaming Dragon

You have to go to view cars and then click on the car you want to use then put ghost car to w. record

Turbulence 0
06-24-2008, 04:20 PM
i got this achievement online in the Mazda 787B with a lap of 1:27.95 which i was surprised at because your only supposed to get this achievement in test drive mode
when I was first going for it i did it in race day beat the lap time within lap 2 but didnt get the achievement.confused i went into career mode and did the prototype race got in front and within 3rd lap i beat the lap time got the achievement when i finished the race.so this achievement is not obtainable through test drive only because i have no clue how to do the testdrive=p(I do now because i just read it^.^)

LiamW92
07-09-2008, 06:37 PM
Kapow ! 1:29:45 .. I Was So Scared Through The Mountains Lol..

The Online Leaderboards Have Been Fixed.. Well So I Heard.