PDA

View Full Version : Lost Some Purchased Arcade Titles

JJBDude
06-11-2008, 10:58 AM
My brother does a profile recovery onto my hardrive whenever he comes round to stay, he then purchases some Arcade games which also means I can play them whenever I want. When he leaves he recovers his account on his hardrive and re-downloads for free, no problems.

This worked well for ages but I have just noticed that Bomberman, Frogger and Robotron are no longer working! Other arcade games we have done this with still work but I have somehow lost the full game version and need to pay to play those 3 games again which I already deserve.

Has anyone had this happen before and is there anything I can do?

[Waggly Bean]
06-11-2008, 12:37 PM
need to pay to play those 3 games again which I already deserve.

:confused:
How do you figure that you deserve these games? Your brother bought them, then when he recovered his tag to his own console he redownloads for free and can play them on his. You haven't paid anything for them, you can't be pissed off that they're no longer available to you.

Mind you, I'm a bit shocked that this does work for some games. I wouldn't have thought it would, as the game should always be assigned to the profile it was downloaded on, therefore making the full version unavailable if there is no longer the downloader's profile available on the machine.

Oh well, I don't think you can get them back, unless your brothers profile gets recovered back onto your console again.

onemorechanc
06-11-2008, 01:59 PM
;922663']:confused:
How do you figure that you deserve these games? Your brother bought them, then when he recovered his tag to his own console he redownloads for free and can play them on his. You haven't paid anything for them, you can't be pissed off that they're no longer available to you.

Gotta agree on that point ....

;922663']Mind you, I'm a bit shocked that this does work for some games. I wouldn't have thought it would, as the game should always be assigned to the profile it was downloaded on, therefore making the full version unavailable if there is no longer the downloader's profile available on the machine.

I think that arcade games are tagged with the console ID (DRM stuff) for the unit where they are downloaded, and the XBL account that purchased them always has rights to it. So if it is purchased on his console, any profile can play it on that unit. His brother (the purchasing XBL account) can download it on his own console, but only play it when he is signed into Live.

Pieface
06-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Try signing into his account again and see if you can keep them?

JJBDude
06-11-2008, 03:35 PM
I do deserve it because every profile on the console that the game is downloaded too has the right to play it, that's what Microsoft have allowed, therefore if my brother has paid to let me play it on my console I do actually deserve it. Maybe not morally (unfair on my brother not getting anything in return from me although I did compensated him slightly for Bomberman I believe) but factually I do deserve to be able to play the games.

I'm slightly confused on your analysis's (is that a word? lol) of the situation, everything worked fine for months and then suddely and randomly it stops again.

I shall get my brother to redownload the full game versions again to my console but because it hasn't been the first time downloaded I can imagine it not working. I'll give it a try though.

Pieface
06-11-2008, 04:05 PM
Well if your brother has his own console and his own profile, and it is used morely on there obviously there not gonna let 2 consoles have it so they will stop it after he doesn't use it for a while. I think its quite silly how you keep saying you deserved it, like you won it, but someone won it for cheating. It sound salot like your trying to beat the system, a.k.a cheating it so they didn't want you to have it anymore.

AOS Puck
06-11-2008, 04:25 PM
Deserve? LOL

Your brother bought games for himself, not for you, and because he did so on your console, you were able to ride his coat tails for awhile. You can twist it any way you want but the fact of the matter is you don't deserve anything. You'll understand better once you grow up.

JJBDude
06-11-2008, 09:25 PM
You need to understand I don't morally deserve it because my brother does but I DO deserve it because it's been downloaded onto MY 360 for ALL PROFILES on the console to play it. I am not trying to beat the system, Microsoft allow this to happen, they could easily stop it but they don't!

Please refrain from comments such as about me growing up, you do not know me so making such bold claims such as that is rather pityfull in my opinion. I don't wish to hear how I "don't" deserve the games, I didn't create this thread to read posts such as the one above. Thankyou.

AOS Puck
06-12-2008, 12:50 AM
Arcade games are not only tied to your console but also your profile. If you remove the purchasing profile from your console, the games are supposed to stop working. If your brother's profile has been removed from your console and some games are still working, enjoy them while you can.

Segnius
06-12-2008, 05:35 AM
I've got to agree with the majority. There's no mistake as far as I can tell. You're not supposed to be able to play them, because none of the profiles on your console own the games. Pretty simple. Maybe you could do it before, but I guess Microsoft probably changed that in an update or something and made it this way on purpose.

loveandbubbles
06-12-2008, 06:58 AM
i can't believe you said you deserve them,
and also i thought the gamertag that purchased
the content, had to be on the console to play
them.

hoernchen
06-12-2008, 01:19 PM
That is like saying: "Hey! My brother went to watch the new Indiana Jones at the movies,
so i'm just gonna torrent it because i'm entitled to..."
x)

JC
06-12-2008, 02:08 PM
Hey JJB,

I am pretty sure paid content is tied to accounts, so it will not work on your account, as the XBLA games were not purchased on your account.

JJBDude
06-13-2008, 10:07 AM
That is like saying: "Hey! My brother went to watch the new Indiana Jones at the movies,
so i'm just gonna torrent it because i'm entitled to..."
x)

No.... My brother would have gone to the cinema and bought a family ticket so everyone could experience watching the movie. It's not morally correct for him to pay for me and my dad but he wanted to so why should I complain?

What's the official definition of his profile being removed from my console? When you choose which profile to sign in on his is still there, all his game saves he used to have on my hardrive are still there, his profile doesn't get removed from my hardrive exactly (I believe).

Maybe you could do it before, but I guess Microsoft probably changed that in an update or something and made it this way on purpose.

I have just rechecked my games because of what you said (about an update) and I think I came to a conclusion. The only 3 games that seem to be working are 3 that we purchased just 2 weeks ago so I am lead to believe that a patch came out that stopped all the old games we had purchased working but the patch isn't stopping the new ones from now on. Strange....

[Waggly Bean]
06-13-2008, 10:37 AM
No.... My brother would have gone to the cinema and bought a family ticket so everyone could experience watching the movie. It's not morally correct for him to pay for me and my dad but he wanted to so why should I complain?

You're still going with the argument that you 'deserve' the games because your brother allowed them to be on your console, when the actual issue of whether you 'deserve' the games is down to permissions on the settings of the game - ie who's profile it's tied to. So, again, you didn't buy it - you don't own it, you don't 'deserve' it.

Anyway, as I think there's too many people willing to argue this with you, we should all really agree to disagree and be done with it. :)

I have just rechecked my games because of what you said (about an update) and I think I came to a conclusion. The only 3 games that seem to be working are 3 that we purchased just 2 weeks ago so I am lead to believe that a patch came out that stopped all the old games we had purchased working but the patch isn't stopping the new ones from now on. Strange...
And it looks like you found an answer to your original question, so I wouldn't be surprised to see this thread locked down before more arguing goes on! ;)

:locked

JJBDude
06-13-2008, 10:44 AM
Yeah I request closure of this thread, I stick firmly by what I originally said and it looks like we need this closed before I get rather pissed off with people carrying on trying to change my opinion when I already requested people not to.

[Waggly Bean]
06-13-2008, 10:58 AM
I don't see why you're getting pissed off, you have an opinion and other people have another opinion, and they've both been expressed. You've had your original question answered, maybe not with the best solution, but an idea of what's going on anyway.

So don't get pissed off about it, there's no need to take it that seriously just because someone has a *SHOCK* different opinion to you! :)

JJBDude
06-13-2008, 03:14 PM
I was getting pissed off because the question is not "do I deserve the games" which is what the majority of the responses have been. I have barely got my question answered because members are answering the question I don't want answered.

Bah, time to PM a mod.