PDA

View Full Version : List of Local Multiplayer Games with Battle Modes

[Waggly Bean]
06-11-2008, 02:11 PM
OK, this is a list of games that have battle/competitive modes for local play, both with and without bots (computer players). I've split it into these two catagories because there's nothing worse than two people sitting down to play a FPS or something, only to find you can't have bots and end up just shooting each other repeatedly. It takes all the fun out of it if there's only 2 players on the entire map.
There's a hell of a lot of games on 360 that are clearly catered towards Live multiplayer and not local, so I thought I'd write up a list, and any additions would be welcome!

Basically, if you can play it at a party, or when friends come round, with everyone getting involved, it belongs on this list!

I'm not putting co-op games on the list, only competitive, as there are several threads already covering local co-op.

LOCAL MULTIPLAYER WITH BOTS
3D Ultra Minigolf
Bomberman Live
Forza 2
Full Auto
Fuzion Frenzy 2
Perfect Dark Zero
PGR 3
PGR 4
Small Arms

LOCAL MULTIPLAYER WITHOUT BOTS (BOO!)
Call Of Duty 2
Call Of Duty 3
Call Of Duty 4
Doom
Earth Defense Force 2017
Far Cry
Gears of War
Guitar Hero II
Guitar Hero 3
Halo 3
Monster Madness
Rock Band

If anybody wants to add any titles, I'll update the list. Possible others I'm not sure about whether they have local MP/allow bots are:
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
GRAW 1/2
Unreal Tournement 3
Marathon: Durandel
Worms

Any more suggestions? :)

Pieface
06-11-2008, 02:25 PM
Rock Band has local multiplayer and so does Guitar Hero 2 and 3. No Bots in multiplayer.

Parkerktm
06-11-2008, 02:33 PM
This is more like a question than an answer. Do any Arcade games have battle mode? Like Small Arms? I thought it did but i can't say for sure.

b3nnyth3gr33k
06-11-2008, 02:37 PM
gears of war no bots
halo 3 no bots forza 2 pgr3+4 with bots

[Waggly Bean]
06-12-2008, 08:16 AM
OK Thanks for the input guys, list is updated. :)

Does GoW definitely have offline battles? I thought that part of the game was Live only? I've only ever played co-op anyway, so I'm not really sure. I'll check it out later, unless someone can confirm before then!

Small Arms does definitely have a battle mode, but I can't remember whether you can have computer characters or not. I suspect you can, but I'll leave it off the list until we know for sure...

Gun-Nut
06-12-2008, 12:21 PM
Gears of War does allow local multiplayer :) only 2 people though and no bots :(

Also Small Arms does allow CPUs with other Players.

And well Doom has local multiplayer as well but again no bots.

dm master
06-12-2008, 12:30 PM
;924801']OK Thanks for the input guys, list is updated. :)

Does GoW definitely have offline battles? I thought that part of the game was Live only? I've only ever played co-op anyway, so I'm not really sure. I'll check it out later, unless someone can confirm before then!

Small Arms does definitely have a battle mode, but I can't remember whether you can have computer characters or not. I suspect you can, but I'll leave it off the list until we know for sure...

Yeah it does have the local and as guy above me said its only 2 player no bots but you can have the second profile play an online playermatch as well, so you 2 are split screening against other people online