PDA

View Full Version : A couple new ideas

CRASHTEST
06-12-2008, 09:10 AM
1. Lets face X360A is a big club and every big club needs a macot
2. there is a link for new post but why is there no link for the new threads that are started
3. A thread for new ideas to limit people starting so many threads with new ideas
4. there is an award for female gamers which is great but everybody is overlooking the older gamers why not have awards for them like 40+ OVER THE HILL AWARD, 50+ OLD FOGY AWARD, 60+ SENILITY AWARD

they might be bad ideas but i was board at wrk and thought of them so thanks for lstening

J O 12 D
06-12-2008, 09:44 AM
Rightio

1. Been mentioned before and I think the admins rather liked the idea.

2. If you go to search you can choose to bring up only threads with at most 0 replies meaning new threads.

3. If all new idea's were mashed into one thread it would be horrible as people wouldn't be able to find out which idea is liked and which isn't...it's good how it is at the moment, doesn't need changing.

4. I do quite like this idea but there is no need for 3 new awards, just one i'd say at the over 40 or 50.

That's my thoughts on this matter. :)

CRASHTEST
06-12-2008, 10:50 AM
[quote=J O 12 D;924902]Rightio

2. If you go to search you can choose to bring up only threads with at most 0 replies meaning new threads.

okay i get that but just now that you told me thanks but also why not make it a bit more user friendly and just have another tab like with the new posts.
and i just thought of a number five for user friendly when i come to the site i have to click on messages then anothe link just to get to my profile page why not have the spot where our names are be the link to our profile page. just a thought

Otisbum
06-12-2008, 11:03 AM
Basically what JO12D said.

4. Anyone can fake their age rather easily. This is the internet.

CRASHTEST
06-12-2008, 11:08 AM
Basically what JO12D said.

4. Anyone can fake their age rather easily. This is the internet.

yes but if your going to cheat to get the award your going to cheat at anything and this sight seems to be pretty good about weeding out those types of people

Otisbum
06-12-2008, 11:10 AM
Well unless we get their SSN or talk to them over Live, I highly doubt we'd be able to determine a person's age.

It's just like with the gamer girl award. We have an OBGYN on staff 24/7 just in case we're unsure.

CRASHTEST
06-12-2008, 11:15 AM
lol thats good but if you find them cheating they pretty much loose privilages to leaderboards and such so if your cheating how hard is it to take an award away weather its true or not you cheated at this so how do we know you did not cheat at that and on another note i added my bday to the site before i even knew they gave out awards for anything as is the case with most people that are new to site they could even make it a requirement for signing up like verify your age then when your account start congrats for being old or something like that

The Pants Party
06-12-2008, 11:42 AM
When you hit the "new posts" button, it brings up every thread with new posts, even threads with only one post, the original post. So, that link does bring up brand new threads.

Mascot I think was already shot down. One thread would get too confusing with multiple suggestions being discussed. Those awards are not really necessary.

Bishop24
06-12-2008, 11:44 AM
Yep I use the New Posts button all the time, actually use it a lot and it comes in handy. Great feature to the site.

CRASHTEST
06-12-2008, 11:46 AM
alright but are any of the awards necassary i thought they were for fun and to show off just thought it was a fun idea

Molneze3
06-13-2008, 11:06 AM
Ok, so the mascot idea was already brought up... but i like the other ones. Good idea for the "old gamer" award. thats pretty unique. And the idea for the New Thread button is great. I hate clicking on "new Posts" only to find sometimes that 5 of the last 10 are for older games. A "New Thread" button would allow you to see the latest "NEW THREADS" that were created, not just posted in. Come on mods that would be a good one to add. And don't say there is already a search button, cuz that doesn't work the same way.

BULLITUARY
06-13-2008, 12:50 PM
With those contests; Do you notice theres alot of people in there with 1 or 2 posts?
Do you think there are some people abusing the 1 entry per person rule and making multiple accounts?

I dunno, just a suggestion. Maybe an ip check

drno
06-13-2008, 01:06 PM
1. Lets face X360A is a big club and every big club needs a macot
2. there is a link for new post but why is there no link for the new threads that are started
3. A thread for new ideas to limit people starting so many threads with new ideas
4. there is an award for female gamers which is great but everybody is overlooking the older gamers why not have awards for them like 40+ OVER THE HILL AWARD, 50+ OLD FOGY AWARD, 60+ SENILITY AWARD

they might be bad ideas but i was board at wrk and thought of them so thanks for lstening
I know that everyone else has pretty much covered all the points but I'll throw my two copper in.

1. I would disagree that x360a is a club, dictionary.com defines a club as...
A heavy stick, usually thicker at one end than at the other, suitable for use as a weapon; a cudgel.
Obviously x360a is even thickness on both sides, not thicker on one end.

In all seriousness though I see clubs as groups created for the coming together of people at designated times for the purpose of recreation. For the most part clubs will never make a profit or accomplish anything outside of just playing the game.

X360a does have income and in turn does accomplish the goal of giving achievement needs. I'd say that's a major accomplishment.

The mascot idea has been brought up before (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=67484&page=2) and although there were no serious entries (save Narco's) Minty did say...
Why dont people throw out some suggestions. If we see one we like, you never know....
Although this isn't much of a guarantee it is a possibility. There's nothing stopping you from making a mascot and then sending it in to the submit forum or PM'ing a Mod/Admin with the idea.

2. New thread and new post sortov fall under the same identity when it comes to VB forums. As far as I know there is no way to add a "new threads" button to the bar. This is coming from a newbie though so don't take my word for it.

As far as I'm concerned though you can just quickly scroll through the new posts and find a thread with zero replies pretty quickly. If you wanted to you could use Ctrl+F to find all zeros on the page even faster.

I could understand the purpose of a new thread button but it would certainly ruin the fung shui of the entire bar up there. The text would have to be shrunken to fit the new button which means we would need to bring the graphics team in to change it to make it smaller but not reduce the width and such.

Chances are it would be more hassle than it's worth, once it's in there the people who don't want to use the new thread button still have small text to click on.

3. The entire feedback forum is mostly suggestions for the site, so rather than have an entire forum you suggest there would be one thread?

The main problem here is that it wouldn't be idea after idea, people would want to comment on the ideas and multiple ideas would come in whenever they felt like it. Mid-discussion of the first idea a second one would come in and then the discussion of two ideas and suddenly colliding. Throw another hundred pages on it and the thread will be useless.

I think that the feedback forum works just fine as it is, don't fix something if it isn't broken.

4. As mentioned before that isn't anything stopping you from saying you're over 40, 50, or whatever. The gamer chick is different because isn't exactly something that people go after anyway, usually the chick puts up a profile and says she's female and then is given an award.

Besides, you get the little age thing on your profile whereas there is no specific area for you to put gender.

I think people care more about gamer chicks than they do about senior citizens anyway.
With those contests; Do you notice theres alot of people in there with 1 or 2 posts?
Do you think there are some people abusing the 1 entry per person rule and making multiple accounts?

I dunno, just a suggestion. Maybe an ip check
The award is given out to gamertags and not profiles. If you have multiple live accounts than I guess you've lucked out when it comes to contests here. Checking IPs on over one hundred different people would take an insane amount of work that really isn't necessary.

Besides, x360a has thousands of visitors a day who only visit the home page. You think they aren't going to see the contest section on the right side and want to enter?