PDA

View Full Version : It Came Today!

Roaming Dragon
06-12-2008, 11:33 AM
Woo! lol i'm really glad it came today, finaly! i can get past the demo bit and keep going until i win!

This game is awesome and everyone should buy it!

-Roaming Dragon

Rza2002
06-12-2008, 11:36 AM
Woo! lol i'm really glad it came today, finaly! i can get past the demo bit and keep going until i win!

This game is awesome and everyone should buy it!

-Roaming Dragon

is it just me or can you not set up a custom single player game?

Bishop24
06-12-2008, 11:40 AM
Yea I actually enjoyed the demo, so I might go buy this today or tomorrow. Hopefully it's as good as the demo was.

Leshep
06-12-2008, 11:57 AM
is it just me or can you not set up a custom single player game?

no i dont think you can. probally the only bad thing i found so far

Roaming Dragon
06-12-2008, 01:02 PM
Yea I actually enjoyed the demo, so I might go buy this today or tomorrow. Hopefully it's as good as the demo was.

Its better than the demo because you can do much more and also you can advance in technology loads to!

I would seriosuly advise buying this game because it is alot of fun, plus it keeps you drawn in what with everything else that isn't on the demo

-Roaming Dragon

tastefulmrship
06-12-2008, 03:01 PM
An unbiased review there, by Roaming Dragon. Nice one!

Has anyone been through the Civilopedia yet, it's MASSIVE!

Roaming Dragon
06-12-2008, 03:11 PM
An unbiased review there, by Roaming Dragon. Nice one!

Has anyone been through the Civilopedia yet, it's MASSIVE!

Haha ... I know!

Its freakin huge! It goes into so much detail to. I spent at least 30-45 mins just browsin through and reading all the stuff thats in there!

-Roaming Dragon

Pointless Dan
06-12-2008, 03:15 PM
I am looking forward to the full game so I can have a good read through. I have to wait until Monday before I can even get it which is so so annoying!

MrPaypaChasa
06-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Is there any way I can get a NTSC version of it now or do I have to wait?

tastefulmrship
06-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Is there any way I can get a NTSC version of it now or do I have to wait?

It's not released until July... sorry! *snigger*

Roaming Dragon
06-12-2008, 09:14 PM
Ouch! Bit harsh with the snigger ... maybe

But yeah you can't until July.

-Roaming Dragon

tastefulmrship
06-12-2008, 10:08 PM
It's not very often that a REALLY good game is released over here before 'that lot' over there. I'm just milking this for all I've got! And, to be honest, it is all I've got!
Anyway, I've read PLENTY of American posts making fun of us lower species and how we don't matter to the 'greater American good'. I think they deserve to be knocked down a peg or two! I'm happy to oblige!

(hints on '20 kills with one unit'... create a Battleship, get a island-based Civ angry, mop up the Galleys as they're built! Easy!)

Mustkill9
06-13-2008, 06:04 AM
I've read PLENTY of American posts making fun of us lower species and how we don't matter to the 'greater American good'. I think they deserve to be knocked down a peg or two! I'm happy to oblige!

"PLENTY of these posts?" I'm calling you out on this. All you have to do is find one reference to what you're talking about, and I apologize.

Don't bother. It's so uncommon that I'm pretty sure I've never seen it here before. I'm actually not upset at all. I'm just saying that the few times I've seen racist, nationalist, or stereotypical statements here, they get shut down pretty hard.

tastefulmrship
06-13-2008, 06:39 AM
"PLENTY of these posts?" I'm calling you out on this. All you have to do is find one reference to what you're talking about, and I apologize.

Don't bother. It's so uncommon that I'm pretty sure I've never seen it here before. I'm actually not upset at all. I'm just saying that the few times I've seen racist, nationalist, or stereotypical statements here, they get shut down pretty hard.

You're right, it's been pulled! The most recent example I saw was on one of the new game news-posts on the main page, I was going to comment, but I thought better of it. I've checked them all going back to May and not a single one! A mod must have censored it!

No proof found, so I apologise!

Mustkill9
06-13-2008, 07:02 AM
This game is going to be so hard to beat the computer on deity level. I won a technological victory on king level, but I admit I had to load a save that went a ways back, so I could bring in tanks against the real winner.

That really is the secret to this game- to save frequently, and reload if things suddenly go wrong. Cheap, but effective.

MrPaypaChasa
06-14-2008, 06:48 AM
Mustkill how did you get it?!? You are in the U.S. Unless you have a PAL Console there is no other way you could have it.

Mustkill9
06-14-2008, 08:41 AM
Mustkill how did you get it?!? You are in the U.S. Unless you have a PAL Console there is no other way you could have it.

I know. I think I'm like the only guy in the US playing it. I borrowed my friend's PAL console, and I borrowed the game from a different dude. He already asked for the game back too.

CaptainKicker
06-14-2008, 09:19 AM
Just got the game, and its really good!!