PDA

View Full Version : How many maps?

Shiney T
06-12-2008, 03:59 PM
Just wondering how many maps there are in the full game, and if there is a good variation, because the demo is great, but the map did get a little repetetive :p.

If anyone could let me know that'd be great, cheers.

EDIT - One other thing, how long would the people that have this already say it will last? That is doing all the civilizations etc, and getting the majority of the other achievements, how many hours?

robnroll
06-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Just wondering how many maps there are in the full game, and if there is a good variation, because the demo is great, but the map did get a little repetetive :p.

If anyone could let me know that'd be great, cheers.

EDIT - One other thing, how long would the people that have this already say it will last? That is doing all the civilizations etc, and getting the majority of the other achievements, how many hours?

dont make any plans for the next several years... its loooooooooooooooong think of longcat then times it by 12

tastefulmrship
06-12-2008, 05:01 PM
I've done all Victory types, 4/16 Civilisations and need 6 Famous People. If I stick to 4 a day, then 4 days! Or, in lay-man's terms; I'll have it nailed by XBLA Wednesday!

The harder Achievements? Well, that's another story!

Shiney T
06-12-2008, 05:09 PM
How about the number of maps?

Is there a big variation or are they all very similar? Having never playing any other Civilization game, i'm not really sure what to expect except from what I have seen in the demo (which I loved :p).

Roaming Dragon
06-12-2008, 07:26 PM
How about the number of maps?

Is there a big variation or are they all very similar? Having never playing any other Civilization game, i'm not really sure what to expect except from what I have seen in the demo (which I loved :p).

So far in this game i haven't done the same map twice. So yeah there is good variation.

As for the achievements they are not that long to be hoenst. You can easily complete the different Civilizations easily. I mean its near impossible to not win when your kickin other Civilizations ass, in my opinion its easier to win on Domination.

Wow man, if you can complete all that by XBLA Wednesday you deserve the 1000 points!

-Roaming Dragon

tastefulmrship
06-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Wow man, if you can complete all that by XBLA Wednesday you deserve the 1000 points!

-Roaming Dragon

I can do the 'complete with all civs' in 4 days. They're easy! The KING and DEITY ones will take a bit of doing! Say... forever!

steelefan15
06-12-2008, 11:26 PM
im so angry! i really want this game. i had no idea that there were other maps than the one in the demo! that'd be cool, could someone describe some other maps?

thanks

madgamer544
06-13-2008, 01:50 AM
i know in the civilization that i used to play on pc, you could pick diferent kinds of maps, like with more landmass, or broken into chunks of islands, pick how many islands there were or how big the landmasses were, what kinda of climate all of them had and all kinds of stuff so im hoping you can do this in the console game.

tastefulmrship
06-13-2008, 06:27 AM
im so angry! i really want this game. i had no idea that there were other maps than the one in the demo! that'd be cool, could someone describe some other maps?

thanks

You're gonna hate me for this, but you asked for it!

There's lots of TERRAIN, different RESOURCES, City Flipping advantages, penalties for attacking over rivers, naval bombardment bonuses... everything! Oh and the space-ship is amazing when completed! So nostalgic! (Do you reckon Sid'll release Alpha Centauri as DLC or Civ:Rev2?)

Make you want it more? I thought so!

Rza2002
06-13-2008, 07:32 AM
i know in the civilization that i used to play on pc, you could pick diferent kinds of maps, like with more landmass, or broken into chunks of islands, pick how many islands there were or how big the landmasses were, what kinda of climate all of them had and all kinds of stuff so im hoping you can do this in the console game.

you will be dissapointed.... as was i

steelefan15
06-17-2008, 08:23 PM
You're gonna hate me for this, but you asked for it!

There's lots of TERRAIN, different RESOURCES, City Flipping advantages, penalties for attacking over rivers, naval bombardment bonuses... everything! Oh and the space-ship is amazing when completed! So nostalgic! (Do you reckon Sid'll release Alpha Centauri as DLC or Civ:Rev2?)

Make you want it more? I thought so!
OH! you're right, i do hate you! lol
i really want this!!

tastefulmrship
06-18-2008, 07:01 AM
OH! you're right, i do hate you! lol

That's perfectly fine. This was never meant to be a popularity contest, afterall.