PDA

View Full Version : Some niggly problems with this game...

tastefulmrship
06-12-2008, 05:06 PM
I've had a few problems with Civ:Rev so far, but they may be due to my near-death Xbox!

1. It has crashed when trying to via the Great People in the Trophy Room.

2. Lots of slow-down and disc access, almost to the point of it being unplayable! (Ha! A turn-based RTS being unplayable! There's a joke!)

3. Units not being able to move per round, even though they should do!

4. Where the f**k is the Ark Of The Coverant; Egyptians ALWAYS find it before me. I've found the others, this is the only one I've not picked up!

Ok, so 4 is my fault, but the others are really annoying me now!

Shinobi273
06-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Is it TBS or RTS? Sorry, I don't have this game but I thought the game went the AoE RTS approach, could you elaborate?

Roaming Dragon
06-12-2008, 07:21 PM
1. This is probably due to your 'near death' 360 because i can access this fine. There has been points when its slowed down to load but never crashed.

2. There is alot of slow-down on my disc to, but i can't put that down to your xbox due to it happening on mine as well. Mine also makesalot of noise when it loads on this game e.g. when a city has just finished building something my 360 will basically rev and then it turns out to be that.

3. I don't know what could cause this. (Not to make you sound like a retard) but make sure you don't press 'b' to much; this is just because if you press b then b again and you haven't got past the first pressing . . . e.g. if you don't wanna move your army and you press B so the computer moves on, but before it has had chance to register you pressing B and moving on you have pressed B again this will then register you as pressing B twice at two different things. For example: If you wanna move your archers that are behind your army, and you press b twice to move your army, the computer will register you as pressing b for BOTH the army and the archers.

Confusing huh? ....

4. And yeah this is pretty much your fault lol

Hope this helps ya buddy

-Roaming Dragon

tastefulmrship
06-12-2008, 08:24 PM
In response to the response;

1. Oh cr*p! That'll be the 5th one, then!

2. Thank God for that... I thought my machine was gonna blow-up!

3. It mainly happens when I've got 4 or 5 units wandering around and I'm also using the Galley to check the water areas. Sometimes, one of the units will be centred as normal, then it comes up with Turn Ended. I didn't even hit a button! It didn't give me time to!

4. Found it! It's near the top! Was expecting a Raiders theme to play, but it didn't... boo, hiss!

Roaming Dragon
06-12-2008, 08:52 PM
Oh man unlucky, i'm not up to my 5th yet. I'm on my 3rd at the minute and its holding up well lol!

Yeah, i dunno what it is about this game that makes it do that. Probably all the information its gotta keep hold of. Oh well it is normal!

As for that i'm not sure, i just recently was battling little Napolean and the city i took over revolted against me (all this was happenin while i had an elite army and an elite cannon unit inside this) and they both dissappeared.
I'm not to sure why that is happenin maybe you could try switchin your console off an on again just to see?

Haha boo hiss!! Unlucky though eh, maybe you could find the tune on the net and play it next time you find it ...

-Roaming Dragon

tastefulmrship
06-12-2008, 10:05 PM
I've got the Raiders soundtrack, I'll just add the Indy theme to my RAM stick and play it each time I find it!

Just finished my 6th run! (Catherine Of Russia has big 8008135!)

Off now to read the manual! I didn't realise you could press BACK (when not in a city menu) to view city stats! Well handy!!

tastefulmrship
06-13-2008, 09:10 AM
Ok, new problem!

I started my 8th run (American), but I couldn't research ANY techs. I got up to 1000AD before I quit the game. The only way I could get techs was by buying them! In the tech screen, it has the Level 1 tech-names, but no research-time against any of them!

I've just started a new game and it's working fine!

*WEIRD!*

Roaming Dragon
06-13-2008, 11:05 AM
GOD knows what that is about buddy! I've played through as the Americans and yeah it took a while for them to build shit but never took a while to get through technology.

Must just be the disc, i've noticed that if i play on it for a very long time, im talking about 3-4 maybe 5 hours things start messin up so i just shut it down and restart it.

-Roaming Dragon

tastefulmrship
06-13-2008, 11:11 AM
8 down, 8 to go!
I have ANOTHER theory on how to get 200 hammers!