PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in US: Need Game!

AngryBeaver914
06-12-2008, 10:17 PM
so i live in the us and i really want this game, i was wondering if anyone knows a retailer that'll ship it from england to here...i tried amazon uk but they wont.

madgamer544
06-13-2008, 02:46 AM
lol would it actually work on the console? because i'd wanna buy it too

Chilidog Chaos
06-13-2008, 02:48 AM
You'd first need an NTSC console to play it. Check play.com or playasia.com.

KFZ Scrubs
06-13-2008, 02:52 AM
Woahhh.. wait.
They already have it outside the U.S?

Way Fast CBR
06-13-2008, 02:58 AM
um, i would deff try playasia.com, but it all depends on what console you have, a PAL or NTSC coded. but from my experience, i would go with playasia. as i have used them before to get my Jap/Blue dragon bundle. (now i just need a PAL console:p)

tastefulmrship
06-13-2008, 06:28 AM
Yeah, it's a b*tch. Some games are released in certain regions first. Seems a little weird to me. Why not release these worldwide?
I guess it's to whet other regions appetites! It is a business afterall!

eXtreme 1138
06-13-2008, 07:57 AM
I think Game.co.uk ship worldwide, but again you'd have to make sure you can run it on an NTSC console.

dethklok
06-14-2008, 12:17 AM
You'd first need an NTSC console to play it. Check play.com or playasia.com.

its region free, you can play it on ANY region 360

FascistCat
06-14-2008, 10:58 AM
Yeah, I have the EU Civ and it works just fine. However you could go about getting it from there should be fine. It's pretty dumbed-down from the CPU versions but it's sure to has awesome replay value...enjoy.

tastefulmrship
06-14-2008, 01:26 PM
Yeah, I have the EU Civ and it works just fine. However you could go about getting it from there should be fine. It's pretty dumbed-down from the CPU versions but it's sure to has awesome replay value...enjoy.

It's not as powerful as the PC versions, no, but it's bloody addictive!

SLEEPAH
06-15-2008, 01:29 PM
I ordered my civ on ebay.ca came in the mail couple days ago Its a pretty good game, I live in canada so I have no way of getting early games like people in the us and other places, costed $49 plus $21 shipping an handling

XxEvilxInsidexX
06-15-2008, 02:19 PM
i just went up to my local gamestop and got it, and i live in ga

dethklok
06-15-2008, 11:23 PM
i just went up to my local gamestop and got it, and i live in ga Nice try!!!!!!! My brother is a manager at gamestop and he said the game doesnt get on shelfs untill JULY 8th, thats 23 days away, you are cought lieing!!!!!! try not to lie next time

and addition to this, the gamestop can get into some SERIOUS trouble if they sell the game early, they can actually fine the corp. and get into legal trouble. Also the game hasnt even made it to the USA yet LMAO so how you gonna get the game when it hasnt even made it here yet LOL

then take a pic and post it on here, and write on a piece of paper "SEE DETHKLOK I AM NOT FULL OF SHIT" with the game disc. I bet you downloaded yours huh? come on come clean

lets see what you have to say now

tastefulmrship
06-16-2008, 07:20 AM
XxEVILxINSIDExX; I really wanted you to have bought the game, I thought dethklok's post was a little harsh! Maybe a bit of diplomacy would've been better! However, I've checked your GamerCard and there's no Civ:Rev on it! Within 30 seconds of me checking my post last Thursday morning I was playing Civ:Rev!
I'm going to have to agree with dethklok, you do not have a legit copy of Civ:Rev.

http://live.xbox.com/en-GB/profile/profile.aspx?pp=0&GamerTag=XxEVILxINSIDExX

Sorry, dude! Why lie?

dethklok
06-16-2008, 12:28 PM
there was NO need to lie. that makes a bad name for you on here. Why did you lie and say you bought it in GA when it even isnt out in USA yet? either you wanna people to envy you or your just a lier by nature

ryano9929
06-16-2008, 11:13 PM
well i guess this helps me out knowing that two of you are americans playing the european version. now i can buy the game. thanks

dethklok
06-16-2008, 11:16 PM
well i guess this helps me out knowing that two of you are americans playing the european version. now i can buy the game. thanks no problem dude, glad to see you got your answer

ryano9929
06-16-2008, 11:19 PM
haha yeah I've been posting this all over the xbox forums and over the regular civ. rev. forums and I can't seem to get an answer. but you and that other kids are americans and both have the game so that helps me a lot. I'm going to get the game now.

gamergirl11
06-16-2008, 11:23 PM
i want this game now!!!!!!! UGGGGGGGH

IRONMAN
06-16-2008, 11:30 PM
damn, i am so looking forward to this game.. the Demo teases you so bad.. "Thanks for playing!".. DAMN, i was just getting started!

ryano9929
06-16-2008, 11:33 PM
ahahha yeah ive never played a civilization game before this but i down loaded the demo and now I'm hooked. Thank god my mom is going to England this week, she can just pick up the game for me there. I should make her like by mad copies then just sell them to americans.

MrPaypaChasa
06-17-2008, 05:27 AM
its region free, you can play it on ANY region 360

So, I can play this game even if I get it from Play.com or Playasia.com or where ever. Even though I live in the U.S.?

ryano9929
06-17-2008, 05:30 AM
it doesnt come out in asia till july the same time as america. but according to a couple of americans on this site said they having a working pal version of this game.

dethklok
06-17-2008, 05:57 AM
So, I can play this game even if I get it from Play.com or Playasia.com or where ever. Even though I live in the U.S.?

thats the idea behind the term "region free" it means just as its says its free of a region lock meaning you can get play it on ANY region 360, why dont people dont get that concept, is it that hard to understand?

shenshon
06-17-2008, 09:13 AM
The game is technically NOT region free. It's locked to North America, Europe and Australia only. That means Japan and the rest of Asia are out of luck.

dethklok
06-17-2008, 12:34 PM
The game is technically NOT region free. It's locked to North America, Europe and Australia only. That means Japan and the rest of Asia are out of luck. whatever us USA people can play it thats all that matters, semantics is all it is really

dethklok
06-17-2008, 10:45 PM
people please stop sending me messages on xbox live reguarding if i have the game or not, why would i lie? and if you look at my xbox live profile you would see the game on my list of played games. Posting that i imported it was the biggest mistake i ever made, since that post i have been getting messages on xbox live none stop for the past few days reguarding this game. And please stop sending me friends requests if you have no intentions on boosting, there have been ALOT of users just sending me friends request just because i got this game. I am tired of the messages with "just making sure" line. Enough with the messages already, from now on if i see a message on this game i am simply just gonna click the ignore button and delete the message. If you have any question that you wanna direct tward me please use this forum/thread. If you think i am being harsh, well i have every right to be alittle annoyed with the flooding of messages the past 2-3 days with questions where i got it. Read my posts, I posted everything from where i got it to you can play it on NTSC (USA) 360's

PLEASE NO MORE MESSAGES ON XBOX LIVE OR IN MY PM BOX!!!!!!!

and if you want more proof i will post a screen shot of it on my played games on my xbox live profile

tastefulmrship
06-18-2008, 06:58 AM
people please stop sending me messages on xbox live reguarding if i have the game or not, why would i lie? and if you look at my xbox live profile you would see the game on my list of played games. Posting that i imported it was the biggest mistake i ever made, since that post i have been getting messages on xbox live none stop for the past few days reguarding this game. And please stop sending me friends requests if you have no intentions on boosting, there have been ALOT of users just sending me friends request just because i got this game. I am tired of the messages with "just making sure" line. Enough with the messages already, from now on if i see a message on this game i am simply just gonna click the ignore button and delete the message. If you have any question that you wanna direct tward me please use this forum/thread. If you think i am being harsh, well i have every right to be alittle annoyed with the flooding of messages the past 2-3 days with questions where i got it. Read my posts, I posted everything from where i got it to you can play it on NTSC (USA) 360's

PLEASE NO MORE MESSAGES ON XBOX LIVE OR IN MY PM BOX!!!!!!!

and if you want more proof i will post a screen shot of it on my played games on my xbox live profile

Random FRs & messages is the sole reason I hate playing games early on X360. It's worse with XBLA games!

I feel your pain, brother!

dethklok
06-18-2008, 01:47 PM
its just annoying when i get messages with people saying "just making sure your not lieing" when all they have to do is LOOK at my gamercard and at my played games! its right there!!!!! then i get people accusing me of obtaining it illegally. I have send pics to all none believers and even a short clip i made with my digital camera. Its just getting to become a real pain in the ass. I woke up this morning and turning on my 360 and what did i see, 56 new messages. I was like WTF?!?! and i should have know ALL of them where asking me the same questions, where did i get it, am i for real, blah blah blah. One user went as far as to send me a message telling me he reported me to MS for console tampering so i can play burnt games. Damned if you do and damned if you dont. I only posted my original post in this thread to help out the users who didnt know if they could import it and look what it turned out to be. I am getting accused left and right for being a pirate, then i show them REAL PROOF that its a legit copy and they send me bad feedback (feedback is useless anyways) and report me for system mods. Guess they are either jealous and no other way to express it or just want to be asses about it. none the less, this will be my last post in this thread.