PDA

View Full Version : Demo?

rhino185
06-13-2008, 12:09 AM
Does anybody know if there is going to be a demo for this game? It looks interesting but I dont know if I'd be any good at it.

Ashz0r
06-15-2008, 09:52 PM
Theres a demo for the PC version lurking around online somewhere..
I have the PC version.. its the worst RTS I have ever played.
Some people love it.. most people hate it.

I didn't bother going passed the second mission on it and I really wanted to try to.... I just couldnt bring myself to play it.. its that bad.
I got it for 5 a week after release brand new from GAME when it first came out for PC. its got a big logo on the front of the case that says "90% PC Gamer" I now ask myself 90% what? 90% fail..

criminal_chris
06-22-2008, 04:25 AM
Ok wow this is just one persons opinion.. he probably has a crap ass computer that gets a couple frames per second. That's why he hates the game. If you like Total annihilation than you will like this game. Plain and simple. The missions are long and if you play on harder difficulties it will keep you busy. Fun game if you like building huge armies and attacking enemies on a gigantic scale.

Now about the 360 version. who knows how it will be.. most likely the same, minus the controls will be a tad different. But it should still be a good play through and the achievments dont look that hard at all. Probably not worth a buy because people wont play the muliplayer all that long, they will just play on the PC.

Cheers

Ashz0r
06-24-2008, 10:41 PM
Ok wow this is just one persons opinion.. he probably has a crap ass computer that gets a couple frames per second. That's why he hates the game. If you like Total annihilation than you will like this game. Plain and simple. The missions are long and if you play on harder difficulties it will keep you busy. Fun game if you like building huge armies and attacking enemies on a gigantic scale.

Now about the 360 version. who knows how it will be.. most likely the same, minus the controls will be a tad different. But it should still be a good play through and the achievments dont look that hard at all. Probably not worth a buy because people wont play the muliplayer all that long, they will just play on the PC.

Cheers

Nope I have a very nice PC actually ..(not like Supreme Commander even needs a high spec PC to run)

This isn't just my opnion if you look around this is the general opinion of the game.

Don't even compare Total Annihalation to this game..
Total Annihalation is an awesome RTS and this game doesn't even deserve to be mentioned near it.

The only thing I liked about Supreme Commander was its Dual Screen Compatability that was neat.

360 wise this game is going to be very difficult to control.. its very hard to macro on a 360 controller and its very hard to be any good at this game without being able to macro management your units.

I'm also wondering how much they are going to scale down/compress the game or how many DVD's its going to come on seing as it takes up about 10GB unpatched and 15GB fully patched on PC.
If anything Chris Taylor is under the firing line for this decision, he knows that the controls are very complex for Supreme Commander and yet from recent interviews it seems he doesn't care.

Don't get me wrong I tried to like this game..
It's one of those game you either love or your hate there is no inbetween.

Compared to other RTS games I don't think its worth it.

If anything I would say take a look at Sega's new RTS Universe at War. There is a demo on the xbox marketplace.

I BETA tested the PC version and it was pretty good. I breifly tried it on xbox360 port and the controls were done very well.

It's not a brillaint RTS like Starcraft (I don't think there is anything that is though) but its definately got its good points.

L0rd Tuck3r
06-26-2008, 02:52 PM
Starcraft sucked!

You Are Scum
08-13-2008, 10:33 PM
Starcraft sucked!

You suck, starcraft is one of the best games ever.You probably just sucked at it

boofarama
08-14-2008, 06:21 PM
i also have a nice computer and thought this game wasnt very good It is differnet from like command and conquer