PDA

View Full Version : Getting 20 kills and 200 production.

tastefulmrship
06-13-2008, 07:08 AM
The Will To Win Is Everything;

There are multiple methods; here are two.

Create a Battleship or Galleon.
Make an island-based Civ angry!
When he/she creates a Galley, attack it with your own ship! (attack 17.5 vs 1.5)
Repeat until unlocked.

Wait until you get Flight and Advanced Flight techs.
Build a Bomber wing. (Attack 147)
Attack an enemy city's defences. (returning to base to refuel every 4 turns!)
Because the Bomber cannot claim enemy cities, you can continue attacking the defenders until the Achievement unlocks.

Only use the SAME unit! It doesn't unlock after 20 total attacks.

Curse Of The Drinking Class;

Early on in the game, take your SETTLERS to a large mountainous area (3 or 4 large peaks!) and build your CITY.
Set the WORKERS at this CITY to PRODUCTION.
Keep building everything! BUILDINGS and WONDERS at the same location.
As you get to 1980, or so, and your other CITIES have run out of things to build, start building SETTLERS at these CITIES and move them (via ROADS) to your mountain retreat.
By 2000 you should have well over 200 PRODUCTION.

Roaming Dragon
06-13-2008, 11:10 AM
Another way to do the 20 kills is to make an army as soon as you start the game.

Then just walk around killing the Barbarians, which is normally about 1-2 kills for every village.

Just make sure you use the same army as was said in the above thread and you should get it, because i've noticed that other civilizations send out armys of there own and once your army has had decent kills i'd say up to the point where they are elite (this is achieved after 6 victories in a row) you should be fine.

-Roaming Dragon

Muzza D
06-13-2008, 12:43 PM
I havent actually tried for the 200 production, but id reckon founding a city close to a few hills mountains or resources like oil/metal would definately help that, along with communisim and factories etc.

Gevexx
06-13-2008, 03:02 PM
Got 200 Production on Year 2050 on my first game, didnt even tried to get it.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/rS/wk/0YCLiGJhbC83CxoEGlxTVkU1L2FjaC8wLzFDAAAAAOfn5-4LLLE=.jpg

Roaming Dragon
06-13-2008, 05:06 PM
Yeah most people do get it without trying. Its not really a hard achievement to get but its always nice to know how to get them.

-Roaming Dragon

shatulance
06-13-2008, 06:07 PM
i cant get the production 1...i own every city bar one and have built everything in every city,and im still nowhere near 200 production

tastefulmrship
06-13-2008, 08:25 PM
i cant get the production 1...i own every city bar one and have built everything in every city,and im still nowhere near 200 production

I managed 193 with an American city; Modern era has a 50% production bonus, I was Communist, had built EVERYTHING and put workers on Production orders.
Ran out of time!

Gevexx; can you quickly explain your normal civ process? Maybe I'm missing something fundemental here!

shatulance
06-13-2008, 08:48 PM
I managed 193 with an American city; Modern era has a 50% production bonus, I was Communist, had built EVERYTHING and put workers on Production orders.
Ran out of time!

Gevexx; can you quickly explain your normal civ process? Maybe I'm missing something fundemental here!

been tryin that myself but still cant get it...it doesnt help that some stuff you build lowers production

tastefulmrship
06-14-2008, 06:49 AM
Production increases with easy Population increase. I've even tried focusing workers of FOOD from the beginning, then changing back to PRODUCTION at around 2050AD. No! Nothing! Na-da! F-all!

Mustkill9
06-14-2008, 08:46 AM
You can boost population and production by having cities that just keep producing settlers. Then you take the settlers and move them to the city you're trying to boost in.

That's how to get a crazy city going.

Gevexx
06-14-2008, 12:03 PM
Ran out of time!

Hmm i will try.

Difficulty: Chieftain
Civilization: Chinese

I was Democracy and i built a city pretty much surrounded by mountains i had 2 Resources Uran and Rubber (If i remember correct) in my city range.

I built every World Wonder in this City that helped me to push the Production and used every Personality to further increase the Production.

Maybe i still have the save from that game so i can take Pictures later.

shatulance
06-14-2008, 12:19 PM
You can boost population and production by having cities that just keep producing settlers. Then you take the settlers and move them to the city you're trying to boost in.

That's how to get a crazy city going.

this worked a treat :)
the size was capped at 31 but it was enough :) cheers bud

tastefulmrship
06-14-2008, 01:21 PM
I've already worked it out... both the MOUNTAINS and the SETTLERS boosting for PRODUCTION! Will update notes at top of thread!

Gevexx
06-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Ah should have checked the thread before uploading the screens -.-. Well anyway, if somebody needs a "Picture Guide".

City Location:
http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/6742/citylocationts1.jpg

City Overview:
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/9216/cityoverviewbv8.jpg

City Wonders:
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/2061/wondersib0.jpg

Great Perso.:
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/9492/greatpersuj7.jpg

Mustkill9
06-14-2008, 08:09 PM
this worked a treat :)
the size was capped at 31 but it was enough :) cheers bud

Cool. That is the method for the 200 production achievement. I should have mentioned that republic government gives you settlers that cost 1 population instead of 2. And also I think there is a race that one of the bonuses is 1 pop settlers.

Also I think Mongols create cities when they beat barbarians. You get a bunch of cities early in the game that way, and then you can use them to boost the 1 or 2 big cities. So that's another method.

I realized I should have said this after I was lying in bed for the night.