PDA

View Full Version : Tech | Culture | Economics

Captain Maddox
06-13-2008, 09:39 AM
So when I look into the techtree I see that, for instance when I would have researched say e.g. 'electricity', an arrow point in the direction of 'atomic something'. However after I have researched the latter there is no immediate option to research the former. Why is this? Are there other condition you have to fullfill first?

Also what is the fastest way to get the Manhattan Project and Spaceflight?

The games I've won I always got a domination victory. Never a cultural or an economic one. Plus in my first game on the third diff level (the one after chieftain and king I think?) I got beaten by the a.i. rather fast.

How do you play? How cities? What production do you focus on? What are the first units that you build. In other words what are strategies? See I really enjoy this game, single player mathches have lasted sometimes 4 hours. But a good game for me always ends because I am out of turns (2099 A.D. the game ends) Somehow I just keep doing something wrong. In the easier levels I can always manage to keep the other civs of my back. But then the zulu's start there mission to Alpha Centauri. And when I asked them for tech the responds is: 'were a backward civ you'll have to look for tech elsewhere.' Last question: the ICBM can destroy a city (but know capital). I read somewhere (but don't recall where anymore) that there is one other way to destroy a city. Anyone know this?

Roaming Dragon
06-13-2008, 11:03 AM
Yeah you need alot of things leading up to it buddy. I'd show you a quick way but there isn't one really.

The 'guide' is in order of the collums there in, you don't specifically need to get them in this order but it is better if you do just so you don't get confused.

You get Spaceflight by:

Alphabet....Pottery....Bronze Working....Horseback Riding

Writing......Masonry...Iron Working....Ceremonial Burial

Literacy....Construction....Code of Laws....Mathematics

Engineering....Currency....Democracy....Monarchy.

Invention....University....Banking....Feudalism.

Steam Power....Gunpowder....Metallurgy

Industrialization....Railroad....Electricity....Co mbustion.

The Corporation....Flight....Mass Production....Atomic Theory.

Electronics....Advanced Flight....Nuclear Power.

Space Flight.

Obvioulsy if you only want the Manhattan Project you will stop at Nuclear Power.

As for the 'how do you play' question it depends on what you like to do, me for instance i like getting new technology and kicking the shit outta people so most of my victorys are Domination and Technology. You gotta find your own way buddy, start off on Chieftain and play through it 2-3 times after that you should see a pattern in what you like and what you don't.

The only other way i know of destroying a ctiy is by taking it over (not really destroying it i know) but i've never heard of something other than the ICBM that can.

Yeah i get that as well finishing the game early, well when i say early i mean 2099AD which is annoyin i really wish they didn't have that in this game. As for strategies just do what i said before buddy it should help you get your own.

Hope this helps,

-Roaming Dragon

Captain Maddox
06-13-2008, 11:39 AM
Thanks. Basically what your saying in regards to tech: research pretty much everything. But if you look at the techtree you see arrows pointing from one tech towards another. But this doesn't mean you get to research the other immediately after you researched the one that leads the arrow to it? Because in that case you should be able to get there faster. Well I'll try your advice. Does focussing your workers on science speedup the research?

Also in the leadersboards I have seen people whom achieved tech vic, and dom vic in 1966. And on King dif.

I am playing one level above chieftain. It's a little more challenging but most times I win, but only a dom vic. Never tech I always seem to run out of time. I once was only four great persons away on cult vic.

Next game I am trying your path to tech vic.

Oh on the 'buddy' thing:

YouTube - Endless Canadian Argument

no pun intended.

Mad Man
03-26-2009, 05:14 PM
Yeah you need alot of things leading up to it buddy. I'd show you a quick way but there isn't one really.

The 'guide' is in order of the collums there in, you don't specifically need to get them in this order but it is better if you do just so you don't get confused.

You get Spaceflight by:

Alphabet....Pottery....Bronze Working....Horseback Riding

Writing......Masonry...Iron Working....Ceremonial Burial

Literacy....Construction....Code of Laws....Mathematics

Engineering....Currency....Democracy....Monarchy.

Invention....University....Banking....Feudalism.

Steam Power....Gunpowder....Metallurgy

Industrialization....Railroad....Electricity....Co mbustion.

The Corporation....Flight....Mass Production....Atomic Theory.

Electronics....Advanced Flight....Nuclear Power.

Space Flight.

Obvioulsy if you only want the Manhattan Project you will stop at Nuclear Power.

As for the 'how do you play' question it depends on what you like to do, me for instance i like getting new technology and kicking the shit outta people so most of my victorys are Domination and Technology. You gotta find your own way buddy, start off on Chieftain and play through it 2-3 times after that you should see a pattern in what you like and what you don't.

The only other way i know of destroying a ctiy is by taking it over (not really destroying it i know) but i've never heard of something other than the ICBM that can.

Yeah i get that as well finishing the game early, well when i say early i mean 2099AD which is annoyin i really wish they didn't have that in this game. As for strategies just do what i said before buddy it should help you get your own.

Hope this helps,

-Roaming Dragon

Nice path, Ill take it for a spin. Ill work with the Aztecs with this path.