PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas on King difficulty?

Shiney T
06-14-2008, 05:27 PM
Only played on King a couple of times, but so far have only managed Technology Victories (fairly easily, but still).

And I don't have any idea how to go about Domination, Cultural (might not be too bad if I focused a city on wonders around 1950) and Economic (probably going to be hardest).

Just need some pointers towards strategys if anyone has any for this difficulty/win modes.

Thanks a lot for any help at all :p

Gevexx
06-14-2008, 07:48 PM
Uhm save you game before the end and after you get technology win reload and try to get the others.

Shiney T
06-14-2008, 08:13 PM
Ah .. Now theres a good idea.

Why didn't I do that :(

Mustkill9
06-14-2008, 08:15 PM
Yeah. Save frequently and every time something bad happens, go back and do something to avoid it. Like rushing city walls to be built in one turn for example- to prevent how out of nowhere the Aztecs just took over Boston.

My other advice is that once you can produce tanks, or a unit that you're comfortable attacking with, start mass producing tank armies. You should have enough gold laying around to rush a lot of them. Then go take over a few cities that are close to you. It makes a big difference.

shatulance
06-14-2008, 08:26 PM
wtf this difficulty is shite.i didnt even get out my city before id lost....how am i supposed to gt anywhere when i start with sticks and everyone else starts with bombers????

Mustkill9
06-14-2008, 08:31 PM
wtf this difficulty is shite.i didnt even get out my city before id lost....how am i supposed to gt anywhere when i start with sticks and everyone else starts with bombers????

Don't take this the wrong way, but if that's what happened- you need to play it on an easier difficulty more, so you can learn the game better. It takes some practice before your good enough to play king level.

shatulance
06-14-2008, 08:33 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, but if that's what happened- you need to play it on an easier difficulty more, so you can learn the game better. It takes some practice before your good enough to play king level.

lol.i thought i was doin alright,these games aint my forte anyway,but was enjoyin it...i just dont see how i can get to the end when the other civs start off so close to victory :(

EDIT finally did it,by doin the scenarios rather than a new game,you get to start with some stuff.....i got the economic victory on beta centauri mission,i've got a pretty late save and will try for the cultural win tomorrow....might even go for domination after but taking over the cities is a bitch and a half :)