PDA

View Full Version : Deity Achievements, a somewhat guide

Gevexx
06-14-2008, 08:04 PM
I got the Deity Achievements 30min ago... every one of them :D, means from Technology to Domination (all in 1 Game). Man my hands shaked throughout the game, but after Year 1600 it was pretty clear that I would win. So I developed my civilization to get every Win, saved the Game and reloaded every time I got a Win. Yeah I know itís somewhat cheap, but hey it was hard enough in the beginning ;).

http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/4176/kahndeityhs3.jpg- Trophy

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6366/alexdeitypp6.jpg - Another Trophy

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/2311/deitydz4.jpg - Timeline

So what did I do I, will try to explain.

Civilization: Mongolia (no Reason, I think German or Aztec are better for that)
Difficulty: Deity
Scenario: Blitz Krieg (I donít know the English Name for that Scenario)
Enemy: Japan, Germany, Greek and Montezuma

The Strategy in the beginning is Rushing, fast, from the beginning you need to focus to Destroy 1 Civilization and the best for that is Blitz Krieg. You get 3 Cities, 1 Warrior in every City (a total of 3) and Military Units can move 50% more and are cheaper.

Another reason for BK is that every Civilization is at War against everyone so you have a bit of air, because they sometimes leave you alone to kill others.

And another reason for BK is if you get lucky one city from the enemy will be directly to one of yours. They are usually protected by 1 Warrior so get your 3 Warriors together and overrun that 1 city after that put every City on Warrior Production and rush to the next city. With 2 Armies (Or 1 Army and 2 Warriors) you should be able you take the 2nd City.

Focus your Technology on Military for the beginning to get bowmen first.

After that focus a little on Defense, order one city on Bowmen Production and at the same time try to get the last City, if itís too strong defended retreat and focus on defense.

From here it's luck i guess, i got lucky that Japan (my first Civil.) was busy with the Germans, so i could develop my City more into Technology (you need to get stronger units before the rest or else they will overrun you later).

I focused entirely on Technology and only 1-2 Cityís for Units Production (The 2 cityís that I captured because they had no Growth, they stayed on Level 4 for nearly the entire game).

Germany won the war against Japan and after that they focused on me, i had the advantage because my Defense Unit where more Advanced (Pikeneers) so he didn't had a chance with his Level 1 Horseman.

After a few rounds he stopped, that was great for me but Montezuma overtook every city from the Greeks (expect 2) and won the war against Germany. That means it was only me and him (the greeks stopped to develop). His Technology was slighty lower than my but still pretty high, so I had a hard time to defend, he even had more city's than me (I had 7 and he had somewhere 16). But thanks to my Technology development i had the advantage (Tank against cannon). But his City's where insanly defended (Defense on one city with one Infantry was 130). I could not break trough that until i got Navy Support with Attilery.

Well after that it was pretty much settled, I overrunned one City after another and after he got left 3 Citys, i saved, won the Technology Race, reloaded built the World Bank, reloaded and so on.

So I hope it will help somebody (I guess not) but im pretty proud for this Achievement (first in the World: http://www.mygamercard.net/leaderboard.php?g=514) because it was not so easy as it sounds.

Oh and by the way i never built a single Settler, every City I got was from Overtakting and therefore got the "Power Never Takes a Back Step" i.e. Win with only one city on at least King difficulty. Achievement, even if you start the Game with 3 Citys.

Mustkill9
06-14-2008, 08:39 PM
That's brilliant man. Good job!

Blue Radium
06-15-2008, 07:54 AM
I plan on getting this game, as I really enjoyed the other Civilizations. I have heard that they have taken away insane micromanagement and replaced it with a more laid back interface. The game focuses a lot more on world domination and a broad picture now, which is fine with me. It's a new kind of game, but a good one none the less. You lucky Europeans get the game a month before North America, but I will be sure to buy this game. I got a feel for the game with the way you described your plan of world domination, and it sounds like great fun. The entire try to remain peaceful, get your opponents to fight while you build up a superpower civilization that can wipe out everyone that is left over mentality still remains, which I am glad for, as it is my favorite playing style in the other games.

Roaming Dragon
06-15-2008, 08:13 AM
Sick as Fuck man! I'm gonna try this once i get home from work today.

Because im sure if i follow that guide-ish thing than i should get them.

I did try it just because i've never actually owned a civ game before and i was doing alright until both the Greeks and the Russians attacked me at the same time ... my time was numbered!

Cheers,

-Roaming Dragon

tastefulmrship
06-15-2008, 10:53 AM
Gevexx; well done on getting the Deity Achievements & your strategy is pretty sound; I got annhiliated in minutes when I tried it, but lasted a lot longer than I would normally, so you're making me better than I was! I guess lots of luck, saving and prior knowledge of what's coming next (hence the saving!) is what it will take me!
Secondly, by the looks of your Achievements, a Deity win will also unlock any related King Achievements. The description of the King Achievements does say 'King or higher', but this has confirmed it!

Gevexx - the God among men! We salute you!

Gevexx
06-15-2008, 11:25 AM
The entire try to remain peaceful, get your opponents to fight while you build up a superpower civilization that can wipe out everyone that is left over mentality still remains, which I am glad for, as it is my favorite playing style in the other games.

Well not really peaceful because on Blitzkrieg your on War the entire time but yeah ^^.

Im a great fan of the PC Games too but i like this one also even if its a "Civilization Ultra Lite" but i think this is what it makes fun, the game progress fast, you can somewhat relaxe because you don't have do think every single think (well on Deity its not really relaxing, but on King it's great).

I did try it just because i've never actually owned a civ game before and i was doing alright until both the Greeks and the Russians attacked me at the same time ... my time was numbered!

Cheers,

-Roaming Dragon

Yeah you wont have a chance if you fight on 2 Fronts, so you need luck (or find) a place where you can Barricade your citys so that the Enemy needs to fight through your troops to get your "frontline city". Pretty much the same as the movie "300" :p.

Gevexx; well done on getting the Deity Achievements & your strategy is pretty sound; I got annhiliated in minutes when I tried it, but lasted a lot longer than I would normally, so you're making me better than I was! I guess lots of luck, saving and prior knowledge of what's coming next (hence the saving!) is what it will take me!

Hehe thats great to hear, yeah luck is a big portion but only at the beginning (landscape advantage see above and the first 1-2 Wars) after that it's pretty much a race who can build more and develop better units.

Gevexx - the God among men! We salute you!

:woop: Thanks

On a side note i think that winning the game before Year 1000 is much more harder, my current game is at Year 350 but i still have to capture 2 Capitals. It progress every round by 50 years so i only have 13 more Rounds, that's impossible. Well i need to experiment more.

Gevexx
06-15-2008, 12:05 PM
Muahahaha so much for impossible :D :D.

Won the game by Year 950 (damn close), the tactic was the same as above but much more aggresive, will maybe write my strategy if needed.

Now i have every King and above achievements, only need the Civilizations. :woop::woop:

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/4128/950adyq3.jpg - Timeline

Muzza D
06-15-2008, 04:01 PM

Won the game by Year 950 (damn close), the tactic was the same as above but much more aggresive, will maybe write my strategy if needed.

Now i have every King and above achievements, only need the Civilizations. :woop::woop:

Good effort mate, you make it all sound easy :p

eXtreme 1138
06-15-2008, 04:23 PM
This sounds excellent mate. Shall have to try it out myself when I get the chance!

Thanks very much.

eXtreme 1138
06-15-2008, 07:04 PM
I won an economic victory as Germans in BlitzKrieg scenario on deity difficulty ( I assume Aztecs would be better though?). my 3 cities were isolated from the rest of the world on a small island. no-one bothered me for a while and fought each other. Build defences just incase. I used all my workforce to concerntrate on generating gold.. once i had 20k i concerntrated all my workforces in my capital on building the world bank it was completed at 2104 AD (didnt end at 2100?).

Anyway the moral of this story is that isolation as well as quite a bit of luck (so save of ten!) can also help towards a victory on deity difficulty. Didn't try any other victories as i felt i didn't have enough cities for culture and the romans were way out ahead in the technology department. Also, I hadn't a hope in hell for Domination victory as my forces were only just good enough to defend.

Obviously to get different victories you would have to adjust your playstyle accordingly. I can't see a Domination victory being possible with this method though.

Anyway, it's just my suggestion and I hope it helps. Finally, to confirm for tastefulmrship, the difficulty achievements are stackable.

shenshon
06-15-2008, 11:41 PM

Was this on Deity too? Normal scenario? If so that's impressive. I managed to capture all capitals by 550 AD on King with the "It's money that matters" scenario. Starting with over 1000 gold helps a lot.

tastefulmrship
06-16-2008, 07:15 AM
SO WE MAY HAVE PEACE is easier done on KING! You should get it well before 900AD with Gevexx's strategy! With a lot of terrain & battle luck, of course!

Just to confirm the confirmation of the confirmation; DEITY achievements will unlock both KING and NORMAL win achievements! So, if you're feeling lucky, punk, start on the hard difficulty! (I wouldn't recommend it!)
And if you play GERMAN, AZTEC or MONGOL you'll also get the 1 city and don't change government achievements too! (As long as you don't change the government and build any SETLLERS, of course!)

Gevexx
06-16-2008, 07:27 AM
Was this on Deity too? Normal scenario? If so that's impressive. I managed to capture all capitals by 550 AD on King with the "It's money that matters" scenario. Starting with over 1000 gold helps a lot.

No King, but i made many errors in the game i could have won much earlier.

SO WE MAY HAVE PEACE is easier done on KING! You should get it well before 900AD with Gevexx's strategy! With a lot of terrain & battle luck, of course!

Just to confirm the confirmation of the confirmation; DEITY achievements will unlock both KING and NORMAL win achievements! So, if you're feeling lucky, punk, start on the hard difficulty! (I wouldn't recommend it!)
And if you play GERMAN, AZTEC or MONGOL you'll also get the 1 city and don't change government achievements too! (As long as you don't change the government and build any SETLLERS, of course!)

Well done on the achievements ^^ and you through you could not get them ;). But damn you got 1000 Points before me -.-, first worldwide be happy :P.

tastefulmrship
06-16-2008, 08:01 AM
Well done on the achievements ^^ and you through you could not get them ;). But damn you got 1000 Points before me -.-, first worldwide be happy :P.

I wouldn't have got close if it wasn't for this thread and your strategy. So mucho thanks for that!! ^_^ When I first tried DEITY I didn't even think of trying a Scenario! Great stuff!

shenshon
06-16-2008, 08:50 AM
Went with the Deity strategy of all out war proposed in this thread. My first attempt playing as the Zulu went terrible so I restarted with the Aztecs because I love their automatic healing after a battle.

I guess my main strategy was to capture the nearest cities as soon as possible. After eliminating the Americans, I focused on techs, specifically the ones that gave me knights. After that I guess it was mostly luck. I took out the Russians next, followed by the Germans, and lastly captured the Greek capital for the Domination victory ALL BY 300 AD! I still can't believe that I managed it that soon.

edit: Forgot to mention that I made tons of spies as they were extremely useful. Sent them into a city to disrupt the fortifications before attacking with an army of knights. Nothing the other countries had could stand up to that, especially when my knights got upgraded and gained a leader.

KNS
06-16-2008, 11:33 AM
Thanks for your strategy I'll tried it soon ;)

rokkyrok
06-17-2008, 02:52 PM

i was at 850ad with one capital left, but couldn't do it.
then i restarted over and over for half a day and still couldn't do it.
then i found out i was trying to win before 1000ad on deity level, so i started on king and got it easily.

maybe worth a giggle, cos i'm giggling about it now :)

jobys
06-17-2008, 08:26 PM
gr8 tips, and I've managed to stay alive until 1900AD ish... but am absolutely pants and am getting hammered as they all seem to have superior technology!

the_b1ues
06-18-2008, 08:24 PM
i no it prob a stupid question and ill get slated but how do you change the difficulty i went into options and its not there?

edit Dont worry found it.

Gevexx
06-18-2008, 09:09 PM
o.O you can choose the difficulty when you start a new game i.e. go to Singleplayer then New game and it will ask you, you can't change it ingame.

the_b1ues
06-18-2008, 09:19 PM
yeh i no i found it thank. I cant seem to do the diety though i just cant seem to get enough soliders made quick enough

Gevexx
06-18-2008, 09:29 PM
First play the game a little, Deity is by no means easy and you just started to play it, so beginn with King or the one before dunno the name first.

the_b1ues
06-18-2008, 10:51 PM
it not like i need practice its the fact that im creating units as fast as i can but everytime i play an army will come and take my citys before i have chance to even find theres. Like the last game i just played before i even had chance to move me three unit together to make an army i had already lost one city. There has got to be an easier way

Don Pedro X
06-18-2008, 11:05 PM
I tried the strategy and it worked very well, it took 5 hours lol but I got there in the end, well pleased. Cheers very much :)

KrauseOasis BR
06-21-2008, 03:01 PM
this is conquist is hard... but brilhant yours tutorial!

Rickt
06-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Cheers for the guide man couldn't defeat any Civi's though reduced them to 1 cit, got a massive tech advantage and flattened the other 2 big civi's with my tanks.

Great tips thank you :)

danjef
06-24-2008, 08:13 AM
all tips for winning before 1000AD needed please.
i tryed playing on the moeny scerino and just built and rushed units right off the bat took me till like 100AD to just take the first city lol not sure if you a diff approach.
all tips needed not jsut for the money 1 thanks guys

PS. great guide it helped me alot with the diety achivements thanks:drunk

Scable Logo
06-27-2008, 09:14 AM
Nice tips. Used them and got the 4 different wins with the first deity lvl game I made ;) Got the tech win in year 2098 so was cutting it close but a win's a win hehe :woop:

folkster7
06-29-2008, 02:41 AM
Someone who has done this should make a video of this, that would be easier to follow than these descriptions. Good work though guys

Wardt
06-30-2008, 03:10 PM
Got my full 1000 score last weekend. Deity is not that hard if you play with the Aztech (you get money and respawning troops). I'll explain why:

- First start a game (not scenario) as Aztech and directly save you game. Put you builders all on food. Wait till population is three. You get one warriors, move this one. Rush build some warriors (you got a little money to start with) and find out where you're two nearest opponents are.

- Load you saved game and rush the closest with your first warrior. It took me five steps to get near a mongol warrior killed him, took 2 turns towards his capital en there was no defense.

- Now you have a second city where you can generate science. Build an army in your capital en rush the second enemy capital. It should take you one or two armies to capture it.

- After you have defeated two of your enemies in say 20 turns it gets a lot easier. Just put pressure on one enemy and have peace with the other. Keep putting units on the playing field and research fast. Keep some units, 1 defense one offense on production squares of your enemy.

- When you take the third enemy with probably some riflemen. It will be all played out. You can get your research done en roll over your enemy. Save before you cap the last capital and reload for the other 3 wins.

Just pick Aztech, it gives you 5 turns and respawning armies after they win battle. So no healing required.

Good Luck

Hamster
07-01-2008, 05:54 AM
Nice Guide