PDA

View Full Version : why is infinate mode gay? "SPOLIER"

Dave
08-14-2006, 04:53 AM
how come in infinate mode u cant take pictures, ur health slowly deplates, food is scare, and u cant save, there is nothing infinte about that, i that this game would be great instead only good, i not able to explore the mall in 72 hour mode, or overtime mode, infinate mode is the only time i can but the problem is i cant save. does anyone know if there is a way to save in infinate mode stop ur health from depleating, etc.....

xfrancox
08-14-2006, 05:06 AM
Is english your first language?

You cant change the settings of infinite mode, it is made to be more challenging. If you do the first few cases in 72 hour mode you should have plenty of time to roam the mall at your own leisure. I would suggest doing that if all you want to do is roam the mall.

NO153T4NK
08-14-2006, 07:17 AM
If you really want to just screw around and do whatever blow the first case intentially in 72 hour mode and you'll have 3 days to explore untill the helicopter arrives.

Monsterbox
08-14-2006, 01:09 PM
If you really want to just screw around and do whatever blow the first case intentially in 72 hour mode and you'll have 3 days to explore untill the helicopter arrives.

Just personally, I would wait until 2-1 to blow it off simply so the gates to the entrance plaza will be open. If you run immediately to do all of the Case 1 progression (none of the objectives are time-locked) then you can get it knocked out in under 2 game hours depending on how quick you can take down Carlito. Then you can just screw around until 6am the next day, get the mission, then blow it off completely and both gates will be up.

My opinion anyway. :woop:

graf1k
08-14-2006, 02:05 PM
I just don't understand how people are surviving as long as they are. Last I checked on the leader board people were up to 6 days. I started running out of food about halfway through the second day and I even had both of the health books in my inventory to make stuff last longer for most of the second day. Granted, I could have survived longer if the guy with the machete didn't kill me, but I think I would have made it about 48 hours max at that rate. Not to mention it got really boring after a while. 7 days without saving is going to be a long ass time. I think I read that the 3 days in game equal about 12 hours real time, so 7 days in a row without a save means more than 24 hours in a row without a save. Seems like those 5 and 7 day survivor achievements are going to be a bitch.

ewizard
08-14-2006, 02:29 PM
Correct me if I amw rong, but does the game still save on infinity mode during specific cut scenes (after you have beaten a certain person or made it so far)?

If I am wrong I am sorry - not up to infinity mode yet - just getting all the other achievements first.

graf1k
08-14-2006, 02:42 PM
Nope, it sure doesn't. You have to do it in one sitting apparently which is bullshit IMO.

xfrancox
08-14-2006, 03:52 PM
I think that having the Real Mega Buster this will be a lot easier. I was playing with it last night and man, it makes the game so easy! Maybe too easy.

Dave
08-14-2006, 10:39 PM
yeah i guess u all r right

Emerson
08-16-2006, 02:23 AM
graf1k, 3 days takes about 7.2 hours. 4 days should be 9.6, 5 days 12.0, 6 days 14.4, and 7 days 16.8.

I played around a bit with Infinite mode tonight and did about 2 ingame hours. I really want those 5/7 day achievements but I can't imagine being able to survive that long.

Dave
08-03-2007, 09:29 AM
[quote=xfrancox;90308]Is english your first language?

lol i just got that, i havent looked at this post since the game came out over i year ago, and that was before i read over what i typed before i posted it, but anyway, i see now that infinte mode isnt so gay after all i kinda enjoy the challenge now, i still havent tried yet to get the 5 and 7 day surviour achievements yet but i will after i get all the others first, i guess u can say im saving the best for last