PDA

View Full Version : MGS4 on Xbox 360?

Mr Deftino
06-15-2008, 02:16 PM
Does anybody know if there will be MGS4 on Xbox 360, or how likely it is that it will come out for 360? Maybe in a years time? I read that Konami said its possible to make it on 360, but they didn't say they would make it on 360. I was playing this on my cousins PS3 today and its absolutly epic. I want it for my 360 lol.

Cold Rival
06-15-2008, 02:20 PM
I hate to say it, but it will not come out on the 360. It currently is, and will remain a PS3 exclusive.

Ashz0r
06-15-2008, 02:42 PM
I'm not sure.. I think its currently an exclusive.. but most the MGS games have come out on PC.. and there was reports from some factory workers that their factory was printing x360 MGS4 CD labels...

Who knows.. could be a marketing gimic saying that it will be PS3 exclusive so they sell more PS3 and as the game dies down they release it out on other platforms to bleed it dry of all the profit they can.. Sony have done this many times before so we shall see..

Bax x360a
06-15-2008, 02:46 PM
It's definitely NOT coming out on the 360. Firstly, it's a PS3 exclusive, and secondly, it would need around 5 Dual Layer disks which the 360 use just to store it. And if you were wondering, yes, you should definitely buy a PS3 for this game; it owns 99.9% of all games on the 360.

Sanction
06-15-2008, 02:48 PM
Asking, right now, if MGS4 will ever go to 360 is like asking if Halo 2, the day after release, will ever go to Sony. The answer is no, it will never happen, Sony is too arrogant and proud of themselves to ever let something like Metal Gear go.

hopesfall2win
06-15-2008, 02:57 PM
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Solid-Snake-Might-Go-to-Xbox-Live-87944.shtml

Yann
06-15-2008, 03:03 PM
It's definitely NOT coming out on the 360. Firstly, it's a PS3 exclusive, and secondly, it would need around 5 Dual Layer disks which the 360 use just to store it. And if you were wondering, yes, you should definitely buy a PS3 for this game; it owns 99.9% of all games on the 360.

Yeah but I dont think one game with about 10-20 hours of gameplay (I think most of this is actually ingame cinematics) justifys the PS3's pricetag. No matter how awesome it is and how much I love MGS

It could happen, they've ported the other MGS sequels to Xbox so I dont see why they wouldnt do it to this one, i'm sure Microsoft would throw untold amounts of money at Konami to make it happen. Chances are they've signed an exclusivity deal with Sony though to keep it on the PS3 for a certain amount of time.

Bax x360a
06-15-2008, 03:07 PM
There's so many more reasons to buy a PS3 though than just MGS. Check out this thread:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=72635

Mr Deftino
06-15-2008, 03:25 PM
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Solid-Snake-Might-Go-to-Xbox-Live-87944.shtml

If that story is true, a little bit of sex wee will come out of me :D that game was AWESOME! Hope they re-release on 360.

Bleeding Star
06-15-2008, 03:26 PM
Sony is too arrogant and proud of themselves to ever let something like Metal Gear go.

but MGS2 was on XBOX?

I would love for MGS4 to come to 360, but Im saving up for a PS3 just for MGS4 anyways

Svpernaut
06-15-2008, 05:43 PM
its ps3 only not xbox 360 sorry : (

eli1277
06-15-2008, 05:50 PM
this game will never be on the 360. And you are a fool if you think it will be. They even make fun of ppl thinking it will be on the 360 in the game.

synister EFFECT
06-15-2008, 05:51 PM
If mgs4 came out for xbox 360 it would look like this:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg303/sandman1012/mgs4xbox360oj1.png

Tussell
06-15-2008, 06:26 PM
... Sony is too arrogant and proud of themselves to ever let something like Metal Gear go.
It's really all they've got to pride themselves in. There's nothing else exceptionally cool in their gaming catalogue that could set them apart from other systems.

No, I'm not an Xbox fanboy.

I don't get it.

phantasyking
06-15-2008, 06:34 PM
Its a "PS3 Exclusive" bro, it wont be on 360...

Would be amazing if it was.

Impulse2119
06-15-2008, 06:38 PM
Does sony own the rights to the metal gear series? If they do then its definitely not showing up on 360. You cant compare this to Halo because M$ owns the Halo rights. Money talks though so I still believe it will be on 360. Eventually..............

Mr Deftino
06-15-2008, 06:38 PM
Tussel the picture represents the amount of data stored on the PS3 Blu-Ray disk in equivalence to what it would look like on Xbox Disks (HD DVDs). The PS3 has one disk as Blu-Rays can store lots whereas the XBox would have many disks coz HD DVDs arent as big.

Ashz0r
06-15-2008, 07:39 PM
I don't get it.

Its because MGS4 is 80% Cinematics and 20% gameplay..
So we couldn't fit it all on one disc like the PS3 can because of its blu-ray support.

Personally I don't think thats something for PS3 fanboy's to boast.. that the only game that gives the PS3 any reason is hours of cinematics..

All the MGS games have had stupid amount of cinematics..

I played MGS4 today at my mates.. I didn't think it was anything special, didn't live up to its hype at all in my opinion.

If they bring out a PC port (which they most probably will seing as all of the MGS series have been on PC except for the GC remake of 1..) I may get it then.

Tussell
06-15-2008, 07:41 PM
Its because MGS4 is 80% Cinematics and 20% gameplay..
So we couldn't fit it all on one disc like the PS3 can because of its blu-ray support.

Personally I don't think thats something for PS3 fanboy's to boast.. that the only game that gives the PS3 any reason is hours of cinematics...
Ahh, thanks for the clarification.

Anyways, PS3 fanboys brag about that? How stupid must they fucking sound...
"THIS AWESOME GAME HAS BARELY ANY GAME IN IT!"

I fucking hate that crap.

synister EFFECT
06-15-2008, 07:47 PM
Ahh, thanks for the clarification.

Anyways, PS3 fanboys brag about that? How stupid must they fucking sound...
"THIS AWESOME GAME HAS BARELY ANY GAME IN IT!"

I fucking hate that crap.

Ya, I don't own a ps3 or even like it, I was just clarifying that this game would not be coming out for the xbox 360 without a blu-ray disk, unless you want over 10 disks for 1 game.

KWEY516
06-15-2008, 08:00 PM
i wouldnt care how many disk it had i just want it but sadly everyone in this thred has broken my dream so i guess ill have to get a ps3

off to rob bestbuy

Parkerktm
06-15-2008, 09:52 PM

haha, people have too much time on there hands :p.

Anyways, i don't think MGS4 or any MGS for that matter is coming to the microsoft game systems. it's a PS3 exclusive and sony wants to be stubborn and keep it too themselves.

Sanction
06-15-2008, 10:33 PM

Anyways, i don't think MGS4 or any MGS for that matter is coming to the microsoft game systems. it's a PS3 exclusive and sony wants to be stubborn and keep it too themselves.

MGS2 is out for Xbox 1.

Ashz0r
06-15-2008, 10:36 PM

Gamecube has a remake of MGS1 (MGS: The Twin Snakes) and another one I can't remember the name to.

eli1277
06-16-2008, 02:33 AM
i wouldnt care how many disk it had i just want it but sadly everyone in this thred has broken my dream so i guess ill have to get a ps3

off to rob bestbuy

I have it, the game is bad ass. no way will it be released for the xbox 360, sorry. check my other post further up.

Bishop24
06-16-2008, 02:35 AM
Well Bioshock was exclusive to the 360 and PC and now they're saying that it's gonna be out on the PS3. So it could happen, you don't know what Konami will do if MS throws enough money at them.

Zee
06-16-2008, 03:13 PM
people forget MG has never remained only on a Sony console. (Ok fine besides the third MGS, and some of the handheld ones) It's a Konami product. Any Sony related thing can easily be changed. For the disk thing, a DVD is about 9 GBs, So the disk changing wouldn't be that bad.

All in all it could. Will it any time soon? No. It will take at least a year or two. Thats if there even plaining it.

Yann
06-16-2008, 03:31 PM
people forget MG has never remained only on a Sony console. (Ok fine besides the third MGS, and some of the handheld ones) It's a Konami product. Any Sony related thing can easily be changed. For the disk thing, a DVD is about 9 GBs, So the disk changing wouldn't be that bad.

All in all it could. Will it any time soon? No. It will take at least a year or two. Thats if there even plaining it.

When making multi format games, it is harder to make them on the PS3 than it is on the 360 and the Wii. Since the PS3's system is more complicated developers take longer to design stuff on it. Hence why the Orange Box took longer to come out on the PS3.

If Konami would port it over the disc issue would probably need to be resolved and there'd be a few system changes needed, but other than that I cant see it taking them very long between announcing its coming out for the 360 and it actually being on shelves. (That is if it ever happens)

Santa
06-16-2008, 03:36 PM
Will Halo ever go to PS3?
Will gears of War ever go the PS3?
Will Killzone ever come to the 360?
Will MGS4 ever come to the 360?

No.

If someone can buy a console and get all games, then there would be no rivalry.

Ben Sharpe
06-16-2008, 04:00 PM
Tussel the picture represents the amount of data stored on the PS3 Blu-Ray disk in equivalence to what it would look like on Xbox Disks (HD DVDs). The PS3 has one disk as Blu-Rays can store lots whereas the XBox would have many disks coz HD DVDs arent as big.

Thats the most fucking stupid thing i have ever read on these forums, first xbox 360 uses duel Layer DVDs not HD-DVDs, that is only to play HD-DVD movies and even then you have to buy the add-on.

Second it is possible that MGS could fit onto 2 or 3 DVDs if the audio and video was copressed like nearly every game, but MGS 4 is completly uncompressed due to a notion that the develope had.

When making multi format games, it is harder to make them on the PS3 than it is on the 360 and the Wii. Since the PS3's system is more complicated developers take longer to design stuff on it. Hence why the Orange Box took longer to come out on the PS3.

If Konami would port it over the disc issue would probably need to be resolved and there'd be a few system changes needed, but other than that I cant see it taking them very long between announcing its coming out for the 360 and it actually being on shelves. (That is if it ever happens)

The time difference between release for the Orange Box, was due to EA being given the task of porting it (algedidly due to the fact that Valve don't like sony and the PS3 platform, I do not know the amount of truth in this but this is the reason I heard)

The only reason I believe we may see a port of MGS 4 is because of an interesting figure I heard, apparently if 75% of all PS3 owners bought a copy of MGS the cost of development would only just be covered, and if they were looking to make a profit they would be wise to make in a multiplatform game, perhaps after a year we may see it, we may not but there is no doubt the 360 could more than cope with it

eli1277
06-17-2008, 07:01 AM
Hideo has already stated that it will not be released for the xbox 360, get over it and move on.

Darth Heyburt
06-17-2008, 07:22 AM
I played it earlier on... It's not all it's hyped up to be..

Young Snake = Awesome.

Old Snake = Awful.

You can only watch so much FMV. (MGS3's 1 hour 20 min ending)

Stealth isn't that fun the 1,000,000th attempt.

Not really going to miss this one... it seems to be cyclical, 1 = Awesome 2 = Shit 3 = Awesome 4 = Shit. Roll on MGS5

SkaKid25
06-17-2008, 10:23 AM
It looks pretty bad ass but sadly it won't be coming to Xbox and it sucks because it could make lots of money with those achivements!

Stealth Master 25G
Go through the game without alarming enemies.

or

CQC Master 30G
Go through the game without firing a single bullet.

I think it would have potential on the 360 but it's too powerful for this system.

Djeskimo2008
06-17-2008, 10:47 AM
According to a report ages ago and some other speculation in magazines, Haze and MGS4 are PS3 exclusives for 6 months - 1 year because microsoft had the cash to throw at the makers of the games. Its just like (in the uk) Rock Band is only on the 360 until about september.

I dont see why mgs4 wont come out on the 360, my buddy came over yesterday and said his played the game for 10 hours over the weekend and about 4 hours have been gameplay and apparently some of the cut scenes, even though amazing looking, have been boring as hell and not really needed. So if thats the case then cut down some of the crappy cut scenes and bring it out on the 360. There has also been rumours of releasing a cut down version for the wii aswell, anythings possible.

Bax x360a
06-17-2008, 11:10 AM
You can't just take out some of the cut scenes... Firstly they are amazing, and secondly they help to tell what is an amazing story. Seriously people buy a PS3 if you can afford it.

Bishop24
06-17-2008, 11:17 AM
I got a PS3 and I won't be buying this game, I didn't really like the other MGS games. But that's just me. I only use my PS3 for blu-ray movies and play Uncharted and Ratchet & Clank and Gran Turismo 5. I'll probably rent this game and see how it is. If I like it then I'll buy it. But not a big fan of the MGS series. But I hear it's the best PS3 game to date.

RTyPE9
06-17-2008, 04:09 PM
And as a slap in the face from both Sony and Apple (as well as another aspect of MGS4's great marketing) one of Snake's starting gear is a 30gb iPod....that actually works!

http://www.engadget.com/2008/05/15/screen-grabs-metal-gear-solid-4-gets-ipod-and-sony-ericsson-pro/

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2008/05/mgs4_ipod1.jpg
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2008/05/mgs4_ipod2.jpg

cOmESeEMycAgE
06-17-2008, 04:53 PM
It's not all it's hyped up to be. I've only played a little of the first game, none of the others so I have no knowledge of the backstory. Going off a straight gameplay, presentation, etc. perspective - it's a decent game that's fun to play. Not the masterpiece everyone has made it out to be. If you buy a PS3 solely to play this game, you'll probably regret it once MGS fever wears off and you realize there's really not much to play on that shiny new doorstop you just bought...

Chilidog Chaos
06-17-2008, 04:57 PM
Well if you didn't play any of the other MGS' then you don't know whats really gooing on. This game is amazing and is going to help push the PS3 over the 360 by the end of the year IMO.

Zee
06-17-2008, 05:17 PM

They would still need to change all the Sony products, change the networking codes, and compress the data ect.... It will still take some time, as I don't think they would be doing this right away. Nor would the amount of people on making the game would be used as porting it.Besides they wouldn't announce/start working on it right after the game came out on the ps3.

The game can be ported to the 360, it's just if konami wants it to.

cOmESeEMycAgE
06-17-2008, 06:38 PM
Well if you didn't play any of the other MGS' then you don't know whats really gooing on. This game is amazing and is going to help push the PS3 over the 360 by the end of the year IMO.

That was kind of my point. I know basically nothing of the story, so yes I'm missing out on what's going on in the cutscenes and dialog. The point was the gameplay itself isn't really deserving of the rants and raves it's getting. The graphics and framerate are good, but no better than other games. The controls feel loose and its a little tough to aim accurately. That could just be because of the controller though. I guess I'm just saying the legend of a game shouldn't warrant it perfect reviews. I have a feeling if this game came out under a different name from a different creator/developer it wouldn't have been received quite as well.

Parkerktm
06-17-2008, 07:01 PM
Gamecube has a remake of MGS1 (MGS: The Twin Snakes) and another one I can't remember the name to.

Yea, but thats not a MS gaming console. Think about the rival between MS and Sony in gaming consoles, why would Sony give MS the biggest thing they have over them :confused:. I think Sony signed a huge contract to Konami that has there legs tied.

Sanction
06-17-2008, 07:34 PM
Yea, but thats not a MS gaming console. Think about the rival between MS and Sony in gaming consoles, why would Sony give MS the biggest thing they have over them :confused:. I think Sony signed a huge contract to Konami that has there legs tied.

MGS2 is on Xbox 1.

Amazon.com: Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance: Video Games

Xerofox
06-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Every Metal gear solid game has been upgraded with an updated 1.1 version.

MGS -> MGS integral/vr missions
MGS2 -> MGS Substance
MGS3 -> MGS Subsistence
MGS4 -> ????

It is possible that the ???? MGS game will come out for the 360, Kojima just said MGS4 won't come out for the 360 but just read between the lines.

BackerMan
06-17-2008, 09:19 PM
I don't think MGS4 will release on Xbox 360. I'm sure they'll earn more money in 360 than PS3 from America people if release on 360.

CAMOUFLAGEiPOD
06-17-2008, 11:32 PM
MGS4 is one of the greatest games I have ever played. I can see where it's not for everyone, since it may not be suited for everyones type of gaming style.. If I want fast paced game I throw in Gears. If I want a game where I can be someone else and really get into the character, Oblivion is tough to beat. If I want a game that tells a story, that pulls me into the character, then I play MGS4.

I haven't seen this mentioned about the game in threads, so I'll mention here,the AI in this game is fantastic on harder difficultys, they take cover, flank, and play respectfully realistic.
Anyone can put any game down, or any system down, I have been fortunate to own the 3 best systems, 360, PS3, Wii, and I enjoy each for different reasons, I can't say one is superior to the others in all aspects of gaming. The Wii is HD challenged, it has some great fun games, 360 is fantastic, best overall game library,and it breaks down frequently, PS3 had a lousy catalog a little over a year ago, and now it is getting it's fair share of great titles, and Blu Ray on a HD screen is the stuff.

cOmESeEMycAgE
06-17-2008, 11:55 PM

Oh the humor... Need I mention the mandatory 10 minute install when you first put the game in, as well as 5 minute installs in between every chapter? Changing discs never takes me that long...