PDA

View Full Version : constant join error

robnroll
06-15-2008, 04:38 PM
i can not oin any online game all i get is join error. try again later. and my NAT is open i cant figure out what the problem might be. any help?

eXtreme 1138
06-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Connection speed/location could be factors. Do you have problems like this in other games?

tastefulmrship
06-16-2008, 07:29 AM
Some extras to think about;

- Which ISP are you using? (If outside UK, I cannot help you!)
- Do you have any restrictions on your Broadband use?
- What speed is your Broadband? (http://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk/)
- What time of the day are you connecting?
- Can you HOST other games without serious lag? Not play, HOST!
- How many people use the internet/Broadband at any one time?
- Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

NAT is open... so that's ok!
If you reset your router, does it help? Does it do ANYTHING?
BT has serious restrictions during peak hours; my connection drops from 6mb to 512k between 17:00 and 23:00. I don't even try to play online during these hours! I'm a huge-useage user (between 5 and 10gig a day) and pay the price for it.
Virgin has EVEN worse restrictions; made more worse than even worse due to their new high useage policy!
Tiscali are crap! (Sorry!)
Mobile Broadband varies, but are highly restricted!

What I'm really trying to say is that we're screwed from all corners in UK!

If you think it's your Broadband, then contact your ISP and ask them to check your connection. Make sure they're not stringing you along; I asked BT for a speed check and they told me it was 16mb/1mb. When I stopped laughing I told them it was only 3mb. They came clean then!

Good luck!

(FR me, with a Civ:Rev message, and we can see how bad the problem is!)

robnroll
06-16-2008, 01:16 PM
its just this game, im inside the uk, never tried to host a game, trying to connect all through-out the day and it seems to be specifically when i try to join a free for all match. im running on a 16 meg unlimited sky broadband connection, wireless router with the off. xbox dongle

dethklok
06-16-2008, 01:43 PM
its just this game, im inside the uk, never tried to host a game, trying to connect all through-out the day and it seems to be specifically when i try to join a free for all match. im running on a 16 meg unlimited sky broadband connection, wireless router with the off. xbox dongle

is this the only game your having issues with, maybe its the severs

tastefulmrship
06-16-2008, 02:44 PM

Try hosting a couple of games (Civ & others) and see how it does.

dethklok
06-16-2008, 05:39 PM
since its a new game the servers might be alittle wierd, they might be getting flooded with people on them. Or the server is just plain unreliable. Its a rare accurance. Halo 3, R6:V2, Army of two and a few other games had this issue with servers being OVERWHELMED with people on it the 1st few days. Give it a few days if there is still a problem i would have to say the issue is on your end. But I doubt it since you say your ports (NAT) is open. Just wondering, are you using a router that supports the 360? Some routers can be very picky about that. one last thing, i dunno if you mentioned it already or not, but is the 360 connected wirelessly or with a cat5 cable (standard network cable)

robnroll
06-16-2008, 06:52 PM
sorted it, the servers were just being extremely temper-mental.:locked