PDA

View Full Version : Games for Windows on Mac?

loren83
06-15-2008, 10:16 PM
Ok so I posted this is the FAQ section under the Games for Windows thread but is seems as though not very many people look in there. Here is the question.

I recently purchased a Mac Book Pro and loaded Vista via Boot Camp. BTW, my Mac got a much better experience rating than my previous Toshiba which had 4GB of Ram and an AMD X64 2.2GHz processor. Anyways, I tried loading Viva Pinata to Vista on my Mac today and the game errors out before it actually starts. There is no error code it just says it ecountered a problem and Microsoft would check for a solution. Is this even possible or should I uninstall and re-install to try it again. If anyone is currently running a Games for Windows game on a Mac via boot camp please let me know what I am doing wrong. Thanks in advance.

CyanideBreathMint
06-15-2008, 10:21 PM
Do you have access to a copy of XP instead of Vista? Could be a driver conflict as there's no reason I can think of why you cannot play VP through XP on a Mac other than it's that shitty Vista giving you problems.

loren83
06-15-2008, 10:31 PM
Yes I do have a copy of XP but I was running the game on my Vista PC before this. Could it be that I did not uninstall the game from the PC first so I have a registration issue due to it being a LIVE game?

Ashz0r
06-15-2008, 10:43 PM
Yes I do have a copy of XP but I was running the game on my Vista PC before this. Could it be that I did not uninstall the game from the PC first so I have a registration issue due to it being a LIVE game?

As long as your logging in on the same Gamertag I can't see why.

My friend carl runs Gears of War on his mac.

Sounds funny when you read "Games for Windows on Mac?" ^^

donut7024
06-16-2008, 05:43 AM
As long as your logging in on the same Gamertag I can't see why.

My friend carl runs Gears of War on his mac.

Sounds funny when you read "Games for Windows on Mac?" ^^
Lol.... Be like your at walmart and a person comes to help. Hey says can I help you and blah blah blah. And you say yes. "I would like halo 2 games for windows for macs" :woop:

Daywalker-san
06-16-2008, 12:07 PM
Do any other games load incorrectly? try reinstalling Direct X, Viva Pinata itself and any other related components