PDA

View Full Version : Croft Manor achievement glitch?

The Bovine Moos
06-16-2008, 07:02 AM
Hi folks,

Went back to this game the other day to finish up the time trials and Croft Manor. I completed Croft Manor (got into the music room) but did not get the achievement for it. I then went back and did the time trial on it and got that achievement no problem.

Anyone else had this problem? Or did I miss something?? :confused:

Cheers,
--Bovine.

DeathConvoy
06-16-2008, 10:53 PM
Did you collect Lara's journal? You need to pick that up too from her bedroom.

BosmaniaK
06-17-2008, 07:13 AM
I collected all the artifacts (the eliphant[sp?] statues) and got the achievement. i don't even think I got the journal but I got the achievement when I got into the music room.

The Bovine Moos
06-17-2008, 10:02 AM
I missed the journal first time around, but just played through it again and got it plus all artifacts, still no achievement :(.

Perhaps when I'm done with the time trials (just two of the damn Egypt levels to go, grr!) I'll delete all of my saved games and try again.

Cheers,
--Bovine.

Prole
08-25-2008, 10:39 AM
Hi everyone.

I'm having the same issue as this thread's OP.

The only outstanding achievements I have on TR:A are the time trial and the 'secret' achievement for Croft Manor. I have gone all the way through
Croft Manor, getting all of the artifacts, Lara's Journal and the Maze Map and the achievement hasn't dropped. I thought that maybe the achievement would drop until until I'd completed all tasks including the time trial, so I set about doing that.

I got my time down to 16'46" and I think that any other time I can save on that is going to be a matter of seconds only, but I still didn't get the TT achievement. I did a bit of digging on the web to see what the time for completion was, and the only time for Croft Manor I've seen is 19' dead - and I'm comfortably under this.

My questions:

1. Is Croft Manor bugged? Are there any known issues that are stopping these achievements from dropping?
2. Is there anything extra I have to do to start a TT? I just assumed that the game logged your time as you played the levels and then said in the level stats at the end if you had beat the time. Is this right, or am I missing something?
3. Does anyone have any suggested fixes?

Thanks for any help you can give. I really want to get all of the achievements in this game, but my Time Trial experience so far is putting me right off.

Minxy Kitteh
08-25-2008, 11:13 PM
you have to go to 'replay level' and change the difficulty setting to 'time trial' to start a time trial or it will not count!! hope this helps?

Prole
08-26-2008, 08:18 AM
It does, yes. Thanks.

Still not got the secret achievement, but I'll bag the other time trials and go back for that one.

Thanks again.

The Bovine Moos
11-13-2008, 02:12 AM
It does, yes. Thanks.

Still not got the secret achievement, but I'll bag the other time trials and go back for that one.

Thanks again.

Moo's again :-).

Went back to this today (been a while!), managed the :uzi:last two Egypt time trials and then replayed Croft Manor. I still didn't get the achievement though :mad:.

I notice you now have it, did you have to do anything special to finally get it?

Cheers,
--Bovine

The Bovine Moos
11-13-2008, 03:16 AM
I should have tried deleting all of the saved games first of all!

Achievement unlocked :).

Cheers,
--Bovine.

Prole
11-13-2008, 08:55 AM
Yep, I was just about to suggest this.

Camreeno
02-11-2009, 08:19 AM
What they mean is you have to do EVERY SINGLE POSSIBLE task in the croft manor, meaning you have to press every mechanism and whatnot. I had this problem before and I got the achievement once I went back into that room with the statues that fell from the rope after I turned the water on. You have to go back in there and swim to the end of that pipe thing and pull the lever (which then opens a hole that fills the pool). I'm guessing a lot of people didn't realize or forgot about doing this.

Prole
02-11-2009, 08:08 PM
OK, thanks. We got it.

R0ssdaddy
02-23-2009, 09:13 PM
Hi I am currently experiencing a weird glitch w/ croft manor. I completed it 1st thing, got the achievement, then started playing the game through. I reached lvl 6 and wanted to see if i could get alternate outfits from croft manor. I hit "Play Croft Manor" and it says the save is corrupt. I only have one save file i have used since thru campaign. how can i reset the manor?

daylightend
04-12-2009, 11:14 PM
I had problems with this achievement too, first time i completed the manor didn't get the achievement. then i tried deleting all my save games (in game, so i did only delete the lvl saves, not the profile saves which saves all rewards and stuff) but then when i tried to play croft manor i got a message telling me the save game was corrupt. So i deleted the whole TRA map on my hard disc, losing all saves, replay lvls and rewards (i got all the other achievements anyways) now i played the croft manor again, collecting all artifacts, reading all books and pulling every lever. And upon reaching the music room the achievements popped up, hope this helps.