PDA

View Full Version : Gamesfrenzy.com going downhill.

moomoocowsly
06-16-2008, 07:02 PM
Does anyone else here use Gamesfrenzy.com for game rentals? Up until a month or 2 ago they were one of the best game rental sites, then I don't know if they got bought by another company or what, but they redesigned the website and since then they've been fucked up in a few different ways.

First of all I noticed that their new website is utterly shit, and needlessly difficult to use compared to their old simple look.

Then the weirdest and worst part, it seems any attempt to register a new account on there instead redirects you to gametart.com. It's been this way for a few weeks, and now for some reason gametart.com just looks exactly like gamesfrenzy, complete with their logo and everything.

Their customer service has gone to shit too, I rarely even get a reply from them anymore and for the first time ever a game they sent me last week isn't here yet.

Anyone have any idea what's going on with them?

Curtis
06-16-2008, 07:13 PM
No idea, I agree with the new site being utterly shit. I emailed them about some of the games disapearing and they replied saying that it's because of the new site and they're not showing yet, just great.

JC
06-16-2008, 07:22 PM
Yeah, I think Gametart have bought them out...I jumped the boat and moved to Lovefilm, they have a massive game selection. :)

moomoocowsly
06-16-2008, 07:22 PM
Also it seems you can no longer buy games directly from them. They used to have a system where each month you were a member, you'd get a discount which would build up over time and then you could use it to buy games. I can't find any mention of that now.

I think I'm going to have to start looking for reliable alternatives.

Curtis
06-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Whats the service like at lovefilm?