PDA

View Full Version : Time Trials?

DeathConvoy
06-16-2008, 10:59 PM
I've just made it through the first stage of Greece through the story mode - took me just under 3 hours. Its the one with the pillars and the mural puzzle at the start, then you go down a large stair to the room with the big central pillar and the 4 doors, which you need a key from each one.

Being able to play for that long without a save point part the way through is hard for me - which has made me start to dread the time trial achievement.

Does anyone know an easy way to get the time trial achievements? - or what the times are for each stage? I gather you can't save part the way through.

Thanks in advance..

Bulletman
06-17-2008, 04:04 PM
There is no easy way unlike legend, the best thing to do is to study the time trial vids on youtube and then just practice.

DELTA FOX
06-18-2008, 06:20 PM
Yep no easy way out, I sure as hell am not bothering with the time trials though.

Zellmo
06-19-2008, 08:58 PM
the way i did it is completed game then actiavted the gun cheat u are given for completing game. used golden pistol to kill everything first time in sight that helped alot, especially when u get to the natlas mines, u can just climb straight up and smash the window to acitvate train, so u dont have to mess around doing all that jumping around as u already have weapons to smash the glass.

Showa50
07-03-2008, 12:16 PM
The hardest time trial for me was St. Francis Folly. It took me about 6 tries to nail the sucker. Most of the other trials took no more than 3.

Thorpe
07-04-2008, 02:56 PM
I just followed a video guide for the time trials to ensure I could get through in one run.

mjc0961
07-28-2008, 01:21 PM
Could someone provide links to good time trial videos?

the way i did it is completed game then actiavted the gun cheat u are given for completing game.
What gun cheat? I only have Sunglasses, Textureless Mode, and Infinite Breath.

roy1751
07-30-2008, 03:51 AM
Could someone provide links to good time trial videos?

What gun cheat? I only have Sunglasses, Textureless Mode, and Infinite Breath.

Read the guide, it says to do the Lost Cities time trials first, it unlocks the golden shotgun which get you one shot kills. All the videos are on youtube.

DeathConvoy
07-30-2008, 04:56 AM
The trials were a LOT easier than I expected. I did them all in reverse order - picking up the Golden Shotgun first. The Lost City stages were pretty short anyway.

If you follow a walkthrough - if only as a guide to remind you where to go next, and ignore all artefacts & relics, you'll beat the time trials with plenty to spare. On average, I was beating them with 4-5 mins up my sleeve, only the first stage of Lost City (with the jumps right at the end) was one I came close to running out of time.

All I can suggest is to be very selective with invulnerability if you use it - there are a number of times (top of the colisseum comes to mind, as does the section after the T-Rex) where it is much faster to die and return to checkpoint than having to run all the way back.

Even Francis Folly was pretty easy using the standard walkthrough as a reminder of which order to clear the rooms.

mjc0961
07-30-2008, 11:52 AM
Read the guide
Read the post. What I quoted said that you are given some kind of "gun cheat" for simply completing the game. That's what I asked about. I already know about the Golden Shotgun.