PDA

View Full Version : Is this zoids like the anime?

Bzook
06-17-2008, 07:01 AM
With the animal like mech robots you could pilot?

If so, could be fun. i got the gamecube zoids game, and while not the greatest, was pretty fun with the fighting and the customization to your zoids.

also, this game is listed as an RPG, so if its zoids, set in the same universe, AND and RPG (turn-based or otherwise) sounds all the better!

also, achievements look easy as Fuq, lol. which is never a bad thing...

Shadow Assa5in
06-17-2008, 08:05 AM
zoids is Deadly:rock

SenSporky
06-18-2008, 12:50 AM
MAN I GOTTA GET THIS IM CRAZY WITH ZOIDS! and bzook i dont know if you like turn based games but ZOIDS:Legacy for the GBA is one of my favorite games, you can customize anything and beat down everything you get into a fight with...just something to check out before this comes out

deathbypig37x
06-18-2008, 02:23 PM
I don't know if it will be true to the Zoids anime or not, especially since it had a few completely separate story lines. My favorite, is when they first introduced the Liger Zero. I think it saw another season of Zoids with a different pilot and story, but the Liger thing was just so bad-ass.
This was his coolest form IMO.
http://www.zoidsunofficial.coolfreepages.com/CG_Liger_Zero_Schneider.jpg

Drago Dracini
06-18-2008, 02:43 PM
it's a strategy game... kinda makes me sad, but it's like Final Fantasy Tactics. Or a turn based Command and Conquer. Still buying it though.

TurMoiL911
06-19-2008, 08:05 PM
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/882/882663p1.html

From what I've heard in that IGN article, it "pits the Republic of Helic against the Guylos Empire in all-out war", so I'm guessing this takes place during the Chaotic Century anime.

Otisbum
06-26-2008, 04:38 AM
I liked New Century Zero more from what I can remember, but Chaotic Century was a good series too.

http://www.absoluteanime.com/zoids/liger_zero_panzer.jpg
Liger Zero Panzer ftw.

Bzook
07-12-2008, 10:58 PM
I don't know if it will be true to the Zoids anime or not, especially since it had a few completely separate story lines. My favorite, is when they first introduced the Liger Zero. I think it saw another season of Zoids with a different pilot and story, but the Liger thing was just so bad-ass.
This was his coolest form IMO.
http://www.zoidsunofficial.coolfreepages.com/CG_Liger_Zero_Schneider.jpg

Liger Zero ftw. it was so powerful, but wild and pretty much untamable at the same time. it was cool. :)

Hopefully this game will have alot of customization, with tactics'esq games, thats always my favorite aspect.

Chaosflare
08-02-2008, 10:38 PM
If it follows the New Century Zero storyline (with Bit Cloud piloting Liger Zero), then I'd expect it to be good. Though if it's an RPG, then it's most likely going to involve warfare and such, and thus it would follow Chaotic Century and everything previous to that.

EDIT:
Yeah, it's a strategic RPG with a "military-like feel". (Originally, Zoids Alternative).
Most likely a generic story, possibly tossing it a bunch of story characters. First thing that comes to mind are all the alternative Yu-Gi-Oh! games, like Capsule Monsters and Duelist of the Roses, etc.

DarkFujin
09-03-2008, 04:02 AM
The anime was based on a model kit line from the 1980's. It's had several games and five anime series. I don't think the game is about the anime, I think it's just another Zoids thing.

I'm a huge Zoids fan, and I've been looking forward to this game for a long time. There's not really a lot of achievements though. It will probably be like Dynasty Warriors: Gundam where you get achievements worth a ton of points for simply playing the game. lol I guess we'll see how hard it is once the game comes out.

Kaiyo
09-06-2008, 10:41 PM
Not sure about it.

ExtremeGamer
09-17-2008, 09:27 PM
It doesnt really follow any of the series, as i do recall back in the days when zoids was a real interesting show. As far as i have seen only 3 types of zoids lions, wolves, and like a bull....and that is it. Pretty disappointed, and i have played gba zoids...that had more story then how far i have seen in this. Your more like some soldier then it was in the anime, with limited of 3 zoids. Its not real exciting, but its alittle taste of zoids if you havent played a zoids game in ages. But, as i think jap has 2 other zoids games for the 360, but they always have a few games we will never seem to see or have.

DarkFujin
09-18-2008, 10:40 PM
Yeah, you only get three Zoids in this game. That's it. It's kind of disappointing. I was hoping it would be more like the Vs. series on the Gamecube, where there were a ton of Zoids with a lot of customization options.

JaMeZiZbAcK
09-24-2008, 06:41 AM
I used to love this show when I was like 6 & 7 lol