PDA

View Full Version : Question about troops

muters
06-17-2008, 05:06 PM
I'm not sure I understand their purpose, exactly. From what I can tell, I'm guessing when an ally AI officer goes up against an enemy officer, their number of troops acts as a sort of stamina meter, so the more troops = the longer they can stay in the battle.

As in most Warriors games, I do most of the work myself, and pretty much just use allied officers as decoys to avoid getting dog-piled. How does the number of troops affect the character I'm controlling? I'm about half way through my first scenario, and after most battles I replenish my troops, but when I don't, I don't seem to have any harder a time winning battles.

Would be grateful if anyone could set me straight. :)

mighty1
06-25-2008, 11:32 PM
what is it are u asking exactly cause its kina coming off a bit confsing. would love to help if i can but it be nice if u could be a bit more precise

muters
06-28-2008, 09:29 PM
Sorry if I wasn't very clear! What I meant is, every officer has a certain number of troops under their command, and when you go into battle, in the top-right corner there's a tally of how many troops your army has against the enemy's. For example, 20000 v 15000. I just have a hard time working out how this affects the battles, exactly. The game seems to make out it's an important factor, but I can't tell the difference whether I take zero troops into battle or 60000.

Lucent Beam
06-28-2008, 09:48 PM
A larger number of troops seems to just help other allied officers take over bases faster or not die from enemy officers.

muters
06-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Ahh right, thanks. :0)

CNash
07-24-2008, 08:21 PM
Also, an officer with no troops will be captured if he's defeated, instead of retreating and coming back. An officer that returns to battle loses a set amount of his troops to do so.

a_correa4
09-19-2008, 05:28 AM
quick way..................point is to KILL EVERYBOBY..............