PDA

View Full Version : Tips for a tech win

danjef
06-18-2008, 01:52 PM
Hey guys jsut trying to get a tech win at the moment but i always run out of time by getting to 2100AD or w.e im doing this on king for the achivement does any1 have any advice for this?

ive been lucky and not getting attacked much so just had my city with libaries and uni's to get science up but still i get to 45 out of 48 tech's (think u have to do the last tech 3 times maybe?)

also tryed building an apollo wonder to find out all technolgies but even this didnt work im very confussed.

thanks for any help

iskoot
06-18-2008, 02:01 PM
Try just researching the technologies needed to get the apollo wonder. I'd say start building a wonder before you start researching the technology for the apollo wonder. Then once your able to build the apollo wonder switch to that wonder and start researching other technologies.

Also remember finding the Lost City of Atlantis early on will help boost you in the right direction. Along with that try also building the Oxford University and also the The Great Library if other civilizations know techs that you don't. And finally see the guide to find out how to build an uber Science researching city to help you search those techs faster.

Shiney T
06-18-2008, 03:02 PM
You only have to research up to Space Flight.

After this, you want to go to one of your cities and build SS Habitation, SS Fuel, SS Propulsion and SS .. other one.

You should then launch the space station, and you should easily reach the tech victory by 2050 i'd imagine.

Also, make sure all your cities are focused on trade production, not gold.

macabbotts
06-18-2008, 05:46 PM
I did it playing the BlitzKrieg scenario when everyone is at war with everyone else. It kind of distracts the other Civs from really getting on in the modern era and leaves you to clean up with tech and wonders.

SLEEPAH
06-19-2008, 07:30 PM
YeS! its alot easier when you do the space flight! make shur you have atleast 5 Citys built, and then just get them all to make pieces of the space all at the same time so then it goes alot quicker in building it
all i need right now is economy win or whatever its called i was 1000 away from the economy win then i accidently won in domination victory i was pissed

Chud 360
06-22-2008, 10:45 AM
The way i did it was to get close to winning in all 4 of them. Make a save and just load that up for 4 different wins and easy achievments.

the_b1ues
06-22-2008, 03:33 PM
Ive been trying t o do tech win, and ive noticed if you loose/win its comes up saying Civ has reached the Modern Age. So do you have to research 24 tec or is there anther way to reach the modern age??

Chud 360
06-22-2008, 08:07 PM
Ive been trying t o do tech win, and ive noticed if you loose/win its comes up saying Civ has reached the Modern Age. So do you have to research 24 tec or is there anther way to reach the modern age??

To get a tech win, you have to launch a spaceship to alpha centauri. It has nothing to do with reaching the modern age

Hamster
07-03-2008, 06:28 AM
Tech victory is last one I've got to do thanks for the tips.