PDA

View Full Version : News on Rock Revolution

Himself0890
06-18-2008, 03:03 PM
There will be a Jam Mode, this is where you go to the 'studio' and perform your own music. The game doesn't use master tracks, "it is turning this to it's advantage by letting you perform fills at any time that will sound out along with the song in real-time." "Konami isn't talking about instrument controllers beyond the drum set, but the recent demo seen was being played witha Les Paul controller. The company says [DLC] wil be available, and Rock Revolution's online mode will feature band .vs. band play, co-op, and multi-instrument face-offs.

GI-183

Stufin135
07-07-2008, 01:22 PM
starting to sound just like all the other music rhythm games that are coming out this year.

mietha CAG
09-22-2008, 05:41 AM
starting to sound just like all the other music rhythm games that are coming out this year.
Yeah, except for the small little fact that all the songs in this game are covers and all the songs in RB2 and GHWT are masters. Why does this game exist again? (actually I know why it does, to keep the copyrights/patents fresh, but still) Is anyone seriously going to buy, or even play, this?

nightmare975
09-22-2008, 07:26 AM
I'm most likely going to rent it. maybe

smashngrab77
10-15-2008, 08:11 AM
looks like a possible rental

SebastianSB
10-15-2008, 04:19 PM
I'm probably going to rent this...easy looking achievements and I always somehow enjoy even the worst rhythm games. There's no way I would spend $60 on this though with so many great games coming out. I might not have even rented it if I hadn't found $10 in my brother's pants when I did the laundry.

JLogan27
10-15-2008, 04:35 PM
Tell the truth...your brother was still wearing those pants when you found the $10 in them.

brosif74
10-16-2008, 12:52 AM
OHHHH BURN!! oh and this game is fun but the scrolling down of the notes is a pain in the ass to get used to! PICK IT UP!! right now there is literally 13 people on the leaderboard!

wtmxwl III
10-16-2008, 04:57 PM
I know this game was supposed to come out on 10/14, but I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone have it yet?

Lucent Beam
10-16-2008, 05:08 PM
I saw a couple people on my friends list playing it and my boyfriend saw it in GameStop yesterday but didnt't buy it.

OzzieDreamer
10-16-2008, 05:08 PM
I have it in my gamefly queue, they say it is currently available.... Let's hope it doesn't suck!

wtmxwl III
10-16-2008, 05:24 PM
I saw a couple people on my friends list playing it and my boyfriend saw it in GameStop yesterday but didnt't buy it.
I have it in my gamefly queue, they say it is currently available.... Let's hope it doesn't suck!

Thanks a lot!

Matrarch
10-16-2008, 07:26 PM
I read the first review posted on this game over at Metacritic and the word that really stuck out was "Joyless". The game received a 4/10.

The biggest problem wasn't with the cover songs (which are actually pretty good, according to the reviewer) or the display (though they found the vertical note dropping display to be non-intuitive), it was the note charts which really tanked the game.

As the article states, if you're going to come late to the party, at least come to win. It doesn't seem like this game will have much of an impact at all.

Still waiting to see what people think of earning the achievements before renting it though. I'd like to give it a try, but everything seems to be putting it soundly in the "not even to be bothered with" category. :/

PlanetGalida
10-17-2008, 02:54 AM
The game is available at Best Buys and at Gamestops where I live...

It's okay enough; I've got 255 of the 1000 so far (in one very casual 2-3 hour session of gaming). As much as I love these music games (which is why I bought this), I can't in good faith recommend the game to fans of GH or RB though. Rock Revolution's gameplay absolutely gets a distant 3rd place compared to those franchises.

I will say that the covers are indeed actually not half bad. I've thoroughly enjoyed playing Megadeth's "Holy Wars" over and over again as well. It's too bad they couldn't get master recordings of the game's songs.

If you want to play it, I'd humbly recommend only renting it. :)

Matrarch
10-17-2008, 03:40 AM
Thanks for posting some hands on experience with RR. :D

I'm going to add this to my GameFly list... along with all the RB expansions. :P