PDA

View Full Version : Endless Mode- Achievement From Hell

Perfectionist66
06-19-2008, 03:38 AM
I had just picked this game up and gotten the easier achievements and figured I would try endless mode.

1 hour 30 minutes, 2 bloodshot eyes, and some broken thumbs later...

I DIE AT 97,000

Sierra I hate you.

Has anyone else had depressing game? I had just about enough of dying at level 6 of ice world on arcade AND classic mode...

I'm too stupid for these games xD

CRASHTEST
06-19-2008, 03:43 AM
I feel you man i dont think i ever even made it that far on classic or story mode i played it for a few days and gave up but i think after reading this i might have to have another go at it

Perfectionist66
06-19-2008, 03:50 AM
Yeah that's cool. You're quite a bit further than me achievement wise in this game so good luck to you with this one. DaveWilma has seem to got it all figured out. Just wish he could share a bit more of his wisdom :P

CRASHTEST
06-19-2008, 05:20 AM
wow i did not even relize i had the survivor achievement how dumb am i its been so long since i played it i guess i forgot i gave up because i could not get through the beach level without loosing any bunnies anyway good luck to you as well i hope you get the survivor achievement soon

91GSX
09-04-2008, 05:19 AM
I guess all my years of playing puzzle bobble are paying off. I got "Beat the Heat" after only a handful of tries. Didn't have the chance to attempt the Hollywood levels. I'll work on that today.

Surprised to see only 30 some people with 200 in this game on mgc. I will admit it's not that great and the subject matter is rather corny. I do think it's pretty cool that you can shoot from the sides. Makes for a bit of strategic gameplay.

But the bar on the bottom fills waaaay too slow. There is no reason for the bar not to totally fill after clearing the screen 5+ times in a level. If you don't have a steady supply of dark purple or red bunnies you will get screwed.

EDIT: Hollywood levels are a pain in the ass! This is going to take a bit.

Slipknot1988
09-12-2008, 03:23 PM
speaking of using the sides, does anyone know if you can "cheat" using the sides? ok maybe i should explain.
when you get a bunny you can move around the sides, right? so while i was playing Endless Mode to get the 100 000, i realized that i could shoot bunnies from the side, have them go off screen and disappear with no damage to my score or meter on the bottom. best of all, i got rid of the damn orange bunny i couldn't use.
so if i were to use this method of "toss the useless bunnies" on the beach and hollywood levels, would i still get the achievement for not losing a bunny?

91GSX
09-13-2008, 04:06 AM
Yes you could. I usually always get rid of the white bunnies since they can be uncommon at times.

On that note, got to level 28 and lost a freakin bunny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slipknot1988
09-13-2008, 07:32 PM
i hear you man. my eyes started twitching so my girlfriend took over for me, she cleared the enitre board twice on the same level (22 i think) then lost a bunny because of those blasted white bunnies...

91GSX
09-14-2008, 05:20 AM
Good luck on level 28. I got there again yesterday and was doing awesome. I almost had the bar full, just a few more minutes would have done it. Then all of a sudden it started draining fast, faster then I could possibly keep up with. So it seems like you have a limited time to complete the last level before the game tells you, well you've spent enough time on here.. time to lose.

If they wouldn't made this game so unnecessarily difficult it would have been at least tolerable and sold a bunch more copies.

Slipknot1988
09-14-2008, 05:44 PM
i know what you mean. they should at least make some kind of patch for it. games aren't supposed to stress people out. i broke my controller over this damn game! :@