PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers (sorta) "A leader in his field"

RRIKER
06-19-2008, 01:42 PM
This was staring me in the face and I didn't even see it.

A "Leader" in his field = Samuel Sterns
The Leader's true identity was Samuel Sterns.
I didn't realize it until I saw the movie where a 14.56% strength Hulk DNA leaked into his headwound and started pulsing
http://www.incontention.com/blog/leadernelson.jpg

"So says...The Leader"

The Pants Party
06-19-2008, 04:45 PM
Dude, I thought I was the only person to get that reference during the movie. I loved that little extra thing in there for the true fans. Marvel's been doing very well foreshadowing future villains in their movies. I knew right away who Sterns was supposed to be, but even in Spider-Man they never brought Curt Conners forward as the Lizard and I think he was in at least two if not all of the movies, so we may never see the Leader either. Still pretty awesome.

RRIKER
06-19-2008, 04:58 PM
Well, with Curt Conners/Lizard, they never had him explain what research he is doing (the most we ever saw of his lab was when he took a peek at the symbiote).

But with Sterns/The leader, They were very careful to zoom in on his head. If there is no Hulk sequel, maybe he'll be a villian in one of the Avengers movies (Avengers, Cap, etc).

I'm still pissed that not only did F4:2 suck, but the only appearance Galactus made was a very faint shadow...and they killed him off! AND in Spiderman 3, Venom was also blow'd up.

How the hell am I supposed to get my Maximum Carnage movie adaptation now?

And did you hear M:UA2 is supposed to be about Marvel: Civil War? How are they gonna tie in the Galactus ending?

/comic nerd geek-out

PS: Hey, at least I didn't go on about Bill Bixby

The Pants Party
06-19-2008, 06:03 PM
Dude, I felt bad for Lou Ferrigno during his cameo. I couldn't even understand his second line. Dude's deaf, but he's nice as hell. He always comes to the Motor City Comicon and I'll chat with him a bit.

But yeah, Galactus Cloud FTL.

The MUA2 thing confuses me, because the Civil War happened in the real MU, not the Ultimate MU. But, they appear to be cutting back the number of playable characters and making it a better focus on one story rather than the sprawl that was the first game.

RRIKER
06-19-2008, 06:07 PM
They better not cut Deadpool.