PDA

View Full Version : List of Great People

Cavaliers07
06-19-2008, 10:47 PM
Heres a list of all the great people in Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution and the technology required to be able to get them. This list will help you get the Heres Looking at You, Kid achievement.

A printable checklist of all the great people can be found Here (http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pSeRUUJ2lV-dgJ85iQWavIQ)

Name: Aesop
Tech Needed: Writing

Name: Agamemnon
Tech Needed: Iron Working

Name: Roald Amundsen
Tech Needed: Combustion

Name: Archimedes
Tech Needed: Engineering

Name: Aristotle
Tech Needed: University

Name: Charles Babbage
Tech Needed: Networking

Name: J.S. Bach
Tech Needed: Religion

Name: Thomas Becket
Tech Needed: Feudalism

Name: Alexander G. Bell
Tech Needed: The Corporation

Name: Cheops
Tech Needed: Masonry

Name: Christopher Columbus
Tech Needed: Banking

Name: Confucius
Tech Needed: Literacy

Name: Marie Curie
Tech Needed: Metallurgy

Name: Vasco da Gama
Tech Needed: Navigation

Name: Leonardo da Vinci
Tech Needed: Invention

Name: David
Tech Needed: Monarchy

Name: Fyodor Dostoevsky
Tech Needed: Industrialization

Name: Frederick Douglass
Tech Needed: Railroad

Name: Thomas Edison
Tech Needed: Electricity

Name: Albert Einstein
Tech Needed: Atomic Theory

Name: Enrico Fermi
Tech Needed: Nuclear Power

Name: Henry Ford
Tech Needed: The Automobile

Name: Gilgamesh
Tech Needed: Horseback Riding

Name: Johannes Gutenberg
Tech Needed: Printing Press

Name: W.R. Hearst
Tech Needed: Mass Media

Name: Homer
Tech Needed: Alphabet

Name: Imhotep
Tech Needed: Ceremonial Burial

Name: Lao Tzu
Tech Needed: Irrigation

Name: Otto Lilienthal
Tech Needed: Flight

Name: Guglielmo Marconi
Tech Needed: Electronics

Name: Karl Marx
Tech Needed: Communism

Name: Nebuchadnezzar
Tech Needed: Construction

Name: Florence Nightingale
Tech Needed: Gunpowder

Name: Plato
Tech Needed: Pottery

Name: Marco Polo
Tech Needed: Currency

Name: Pythagoras
Tech Needed: Mathematics

Name: Sargon
Tech Needed: Bronze Working

Name: Albert Schweitzer
Tech Needed: Globalization

Name: Solomon
Tech Needed: Code of Laws

Name: Sophocles
Tech Needed: Democracy

Name: George Stephenson
Tech Needed: Steel

Name: Leopold Stokowski
Tech Needed: Superconductor

Name: Tippu Sultan
Tech Needed: Space Flight

Name: James Watt
Tech Needed: Steam Power

Name: Eli Whitney
Tech Needed: Mass Production

Name: Wilbur Wright
Tech Needed: Advanced Flight

tastefulmrship
06-20-2008, 08:10 AM
I hate to sound like an arse here, but just because you've researched a tech, it DOESN'T guarantee that the Great Person will appear. All of this information is available in the Civilopedia and didn't really need a thread on this forum. To find Imhotep, I had to specifically play as ENGLISH before he appeared. If you can detemine which civs unlock which Great People then I think this thread could be useful, but at the moment it's redundant.

Imhotep;
Civs: Aztec, English
Tech: Ceremonial Burial

Roaming Dragon
06-20-2008, 08:32 AM
Yeah i gotta agree with Tastefulmrship on this one you do have to use one kind of civilization to get them

But full marks on trying buddy, why don't you add on what Tastefulmrship said at the bottom about the English and the Aztecs, and then do the same for every one and you should have a pretty nice guide there fella.

-Roaming Dragon

shenshon
06-20-2008, 09:24 AM
EDIT 2: Gilgamesh is 2600BC. Cheops is 2550BC, David 1000BC, Solomon at 950BC, then Homer at 800 BC, and then Aesop at 600 BC. Sargon is very old too, but it depends which one they're referring to. Is it a coincidence that I've unlocked all the great people who AREN'T on this list except for David and Homer?

My conclusion is these guys are harder to get because great persons come much easier later in the game.

I just got Gilgamesh during my last game. He finally appeared around 2050 AD. I also got Curie around 2000 BC. It seems pretty damn random to me. The only tip I know that helps for sure is to try to acquire as many Great People as you can in one game and always settle each one you get. I don't know if the game will give you the same person down the road if you use them earlier but at least you know there won't be any duplicates if each one is settled in a city.

Edit: And is it just me or are those Tech requirements really bogus? Not long ago I got Pythagoras and I wasn't even close to researching Mathematics yet.

Cavaliers07
06-20-2008, 09:39 AM
I hate to sound like an arse here, but just because you've researched a tech, it DOESN'T guarantee that the Great Person will appear. All of this information is available in the Civilopedia and didn't really need a thread on this forum. To find Imhotep, I had to specifically play as ENGLISH before he appeared. If you can detemine which civs unlock which Great People then I think this thread could be useful, but at the moment it's redundant.

Imhotep;
Civs: Aztec, English
Tech: Ceremonial Burial

I'm looking into this at the moment to see if what civilization you are playing effects the great people. So far I am on about 20 games and will add the details to it later

dasher
06-20-2008, 11:15 AM
Edit: And is it just me or are those Tech requirements really bogus? Not long ago I got Pythagoras and I wasn't even close to researching Mathematics yet.

Yeah in my last game my first person was Gutenberg (tech: Printing Press) when I had only researched Pottery and Riding.

tastefulmrship
06-20-2008, 02:50 PM
The only way to be sure of getting LOTS of Great Persons/People is to start a CHIEFTAIN/WARLORD game as ENGLISH and really push that CULTURE to lure them all out.
Keep playing until you've got 'em all!

Once I finally got Imhotep, he was always the first to appear when I played ENGLISH, regardless of whether I was researching POTTERY-CEREMONIAL BURIAL or not!

If it is fully random, then it's in the fate of the Gods!
Keep playing until you've got 'em all!

Mustkill9
06-20-2008, 05:26 PM
I just got Gilgamesh during my last game. He finally appeared around 2050 AD. I also got Curie around 2000 BC. It seems pretty damn random to me. The only tip I know that helps for sure is to try to acquire as many Great People as you can in one game and always settle each one you get. I don't know if the game will give you the same person down the road if you use them earlier but at least you know there won't be any duplicates if each one is settled in a city.

After further review, you're right. I deleted my post. I'm sorry for what I said about when the great people lived in real life- I thought I had figured it out. I have a great memory, but it was a mistake relying on it without checking. Because there's actually 3 other great people I don't have that are modern. My bad.

shenshon
06-20-2008, 09:02 PM
After further review, you're right. I deleted my post. I'm sorry for what I said about when the great people lived in real life- I thought I had figured it out. I have a great memory, but it was a mistake relying on it without checking. Because there's actually 3 other great people I don't have that are modern. My bad.

Don't be sorry. It was a valid theory that unfortunately doesn't hold true. The other theory that you NEED certain Techs before those people will appear also seems to be incorrect. It would be nice if someone found a concrete explanation for how the game determines which person you get.

dasher
06-20-2008, 09:14 PM
Don't be sorry. It was a valid theory that unfortunately doesn't hold true. The other theory that you NEED certain Techs before those people will appear also seems to be incorrect. It would be nice if someone found a concrete explanation for how the game determines which person you get.

I'm tempted to say it's completly random.
But when I was missing 7 great persons I toyed around a bit with researching only the technology they are supposedly tied to (for example only Pottery to get Plato) or at least as few technologies as possible and waiting for the first great person spawn.
This worked perfectly for Pythagoras, Homer and Cheops but it doesn't seem to work at all for Gilgamesh, Platon and Aesop (which are the 3 ones I'm still missing)

burnoutbabe
06-21-2008, 08:17 PM
to confirm, is all the great people cumulative across games? and where do i find which i have or have not?

Gevexx
06-21-2008, 08:26 PM
Yes they are cumulative, go to Extras and then Hall of Fame i think, switch one screen to the right and you can see which one you already have.

shenshon
06-22-2008, 07:19 AM
The very last person I needed was Agamemnon. I had only encountered him once before but I guess because he came with a captured city that didn't count. So I started a new game with the goal of generating the most Culture I could to get as many great people as possible.

The game lasted at least 7-8 hours. I played the Attack of the Huns scenario as Mongols on Chieftain. At the end I had 43 cities with total city size at 1329, generating ~5500 Culture per turn. I finally got Agamemnon in 2110 AD, the second to last turn before automatic game over. He was the 42nd (out of the 46 total) person I acquired.

That achievement was WAY more frustrating than it should have been.

Master Michl
06-22-2008, 08:48 AM
The game lasted at least 7-8 hours. I played the Attack of the Huns scenario as Mongols on Chieftain. At the end I had 43 cities with total city size at 1329, generating ~5500 Culture per turn. I finally got Agamemnon in 2110 AD, the second to last turn before automatic game over. He was the 42nd (out of the 46 total) person I acquired.

That achievement was WAY more frustrating than it should have been.

I tried to do more or less the same thing in my diety blitzkrieg scenario after leaving only one enemy capital standing. What I would like to know is if there is a way to stop production in a city - when everything is built the only option I seem to have is to produce units, this not only takes a long time every round (press X for every one etc.) but I also hit the unit limit which means that any famous persons I get can't be settled in my cities (they don't even really appear - just the message). I know that you can sell units too but that takes even longer, is there a way to avoid this, ie. completely stop production? I remember that in the PC civilizations you could order a city to produce 'wealth' instead of units/buildings.

Thanks!

Chud 360
06-22-2008, 10:41 AM
What I would like to know is if there is a way to stop production in a city - when everything is built the only option I seem to have is to produce units, this not only takes a long time every round (press X for every one etc.)

Thanks!

Go to city Screen. Then to manage workers. Then pick a custom layout. Then unclick all the production squares. This should work

Master Michl
06-22-2008, 10:46 AM
Go to city Screen. Then to manage workers. Then pick a custom layout. Then unclick all the production squares. This should work

This moves the workers to your city square which counts as a +1 production square if I remember correctly.

danjef
06-22-2008, 03:05 PM
can anyone advice how i would get Imhotep and Agamemnon these are the last 2 that i need thanks

iskoot
06-24-2008, 01:25 PM
As far as I know right now, Great People are random. Though tastefulmrship was able to get Imhotep using the English civ.

Riverpatrol
06-25-2008, 12:01 AM
I've only 4 left to get and I've put more time into them than the rest of the achievments. This is getting to be a pain. I end up hitting B thousands of times just to skip city production. Master Michl asked already, has anyone got a way to stop the game asking what to build?

Left to get: Multiple games, every wonder and one game produced 4603 near the end.

Name: Agamemnon
Tech Needed: Iron Working
Name: Thomas Becket
Tech Needed: Feudalism
Name: Cheops
Tech Needed: Masonry
Name: Sargon (arrived in 2108!!!)
Tech Needed: Bronze Working

Chud 360
06-27-2008, 10:35 AM
How did you guys unlock Homer. the tech needed is alphabet and even if i learn this first, nothing happens.

tarekegypt
06-30-2008, 02:50 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=79284