PDA

View Full Version : 3 Quick Questions

Mustkill9
06-20-2008, 06:59 AM
I will understand this game 100% if I know these answers.

1) What exactly is "trade"? If you build a building that increases the city's trade by 50% what is that?

2) What happens to the square that you found your city on? If it isn't used, does that mean that it's best to found it on a desert square? What's the best square type to start a city on?

3) For the 1 city win, do you have to make sure your culture doesn't get too high? Every game I played, I took over cities around me because my culture was high. So I'm worried about wasting my time going for the 1 city victory.

Koburn
06-20-2008, 07:49 AM
1. Trade is science/ gold

2. afaik this square isnt used, when you start a new city with settlers they only show the surrounding squares resources. Therefore I think its best to build your city on a hill so you recieve a bonus when attacking from it.

3. The 1 city win only means that you cant found a new city with settlers. You can take over enemy cities and culture flip and still get the achievement. I recommend doing this achievement with Genghis Khan as one of his bonuses is to make new cities out of barbarian villages.

the_b1ues
06-20-2008, 03:10 PM
Even more stupid question. Prob missed it somewhere but what does Science do??

Gevexx
06-20-2008, 03:43 PM
Even more stupid question. Prob missed it somewhere but what does Science do??

You know sometimes I think you don't even play the game ^^. Science is obviously for researching technologies, so if one city generates 100 Science you will get 100 Science per Round and if a technology needs 300 Science points you will get this technology after 3 rounds.

Chrushev
06-20-2008, 04:38 PM
For the 1 City Achievement you can take over other cities, you just cant start any new ones with Settlers.

So dont worry about occupying other cities.

the_b1ues
06-20-2008, 06:24 PM
You know sometimes I think you don't even play the game ^^. Science is obviously for researching technologies, so if one city generates 100 Science you will get 100 Science per Round and if a technology needs 300 Science points you will get this technology after 3 rounds.

I quessed this after i route it now i sound stupid lol