PDA

View Full Version : Diety Wins

the_b1ues
06-20-2008, 03:13 PM
What am i doing wrong I cant understand how im ment to win.
i thought id try and win a Diety match by reserching 24 things eg. Gunpowder. Flight all that kind of thing but i still cant win.
How do other civilisations reserch things so much quicker than me. Im going as fast as i can its not like i can research things any quicker. How are they doing it faster than me??
This is also causing me to loose in Domination games, becasue when im still busy making Pikemen the other civs are already up to Riflemen and Cannons what am i doing wrong is there anyway to decrease the time it take to research??

Gevexx
06-20-2008, 03:38 PM
They develop faster because they have more citys than you, if you stay with your 3 citys you wont be able to win because the AI is researching and fighting over citys. They easily have 6-7 Citys early in the game.

the_b1ues
06-20-2008, 04:57 PM
does that that make there research quicker?? For Example for me to research Currancy its about 5turns will theres be like 3turns?? I cant take over any cities quick enough even when i get like and army of Warriors i go over to fight them and my attack is so much lower than there defense. and this leaves my city open for attack and they come in and take over my city while im trying to attack someone else. Its just seems it impossible im going as fast as the game will let me reseach stuff and i still cant get ahead of them. We need like a clear step by step guide on how to win.

Gevexx
06-20-2008, 05:16 PM
There more citys you have the more Science they produce. So yes you will get Techs faster if you have more Citys (Citys surrounded by Water are great Science producer).

And there cant be a step by step guide because every Map is Random and City Placement is also different for example if your unlucky all your 3 Citys will be seperated by Seas.

chrisie81
06-20-2008, 05:21 PM
Each city produces an amount of science, production and gold. The more cities you have the more science you produce, therefore the less turns for each technology. I tend to do the ones that take less time first. As your cities get larger they produce more science. Building certain buildings like the Library can also increase your science. If you want a domination win make sure you research the military technologies first as you can then build better units.

Hope this helps!

the_b1ues
06-20-2008, 06:23 PM
ill try but i bet i still cant get it lol ill report back later lol thanks for the advice

the_b1ues
06-20-2008, 09:45 PM
ok ive tried that i had 7 citys and because i was busy making settlers i didnt have enough of an army then and they all got taken over before i got as far an Engineering in 1425AD. Everyone else has like 10 citys all over the place and have huge armys there has got to be an easy way of doing this

borandi
06-20-2008, 10:02 PM
Try being the Mongols. When you capture Barbarian Villages, they join you.

A lot of this game is recognising patterns and tactics. Having a clear head and using logic will help.

Oh, and for the record, the plural of city is cities.

the_b1ues
06-20-2008, 10:13 PM
Yeh i just dont see what im doing wrong i just did a Lighting Round Match, thought i might be able to win the tech race. I had like 10 cities. I still lost and i lost by miles i came dead last. Wasnt even close. The thing is im cant research any faster than i already am. Im just hoping someone finds a glitch or cheat way of doing it or im never going to get 1000 on this game.

dasher
06-20-2008, 11:16 PM
Gevexx' strategy thread helped me a lot with the deity achievements.
Blitzkrieg scenario with Aztecs (because of the heal ability after winning a battle) worked extremely well for me. It takes a bit of strategy and careful consideration but after 6 or 7 attempts I was able to dominate a game (and got all 4 achievements that way).

Don't let it get you down. Deity can be incredibly hard you just need a bit of training.

the_b1ues
06-22-2008, 03:37 PM
yeh i quess i have only just got this game should play through some of the other difficulties and stuff first

Roaming Dragon
06-24-2008, 08:06 AM
I was like that, i had the game not een a day and went straight into Diety.

The AI is ridiculous but some of the info in here is a god help. Another good scenario is Beta Centauri this is because you can create more powerful armys quicker but it doesn't give you the option of a technology victory as you already have all the tech available.

I'm struggling on the Blitzkrieg as well, it sucks. It seems like i'll get so far and everythin is dead nice then all of a sudden big armys will come in from all directions and just take me up the ass.

Saving helps immensly on Diety, because that gives you the freedom to try new things then just load them back up again.

-Roaming Dragon-

chrisie81
06-24-2008, 03:49 PM
I'm currently playing as Greeks on King difficulty. I was struggling even on that, I was down to one city and losing badly. I then decided to try and build up the culture to expand the boarders. I managed to take over three cities in one turn just by expanding my boarders. So hopefully now I'm well on my way to winning on a culture victory but the Russians are ahead on technology so I'm trying to catch up on that too to make sure they don't win!

DazParker
06-24-2008, 09:05 PM
If you're after a tech victory, switch your government to Democracy.

You get an extra 50% on science and gold production.

RazgriZ FX
06-24-2008, 09:39 PM
Hmmm, it appears as if people are still having difficulty with the Diety wins...

I may be able to knock something up having pretty much dominated every race on Diety.

Will try to find some time.

chrisie81
06-25-2008, 07:04 PM
Well I did it! I managed to keep the wars down and put all my cities onto science. The russians had built three parts of their ship. Next turn I was able to buy all the space ships parts and then launch before the Russians. I just made it with two years to spare! Got three achivements too.

I don't think I'm ready for Diety though!!