PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME WITH That We May Live in Peace Achievement

GoDXShiva
06-21-2008, 09:49 AM
ok got all the others ones but im stumped on this one any 1 got any tips for what;

race:Zulu
game type:BlitzKrieg
difficulty:King

cheers

EDIT: i did it i may do a guide if any one else wants to know how i did it ill answer my own questions so as to help you guys just a lil.

tastefulmrship
06-21-2008, 10:46 AM
Try;

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=76952
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=76612

danjef
06-23-2008, 09:46 PM
GoDXShiva you say you got this achivement now? all tips welcome as this is all im in need of for 1000G :)

Rickt
06-24-2008, 06:55 AM
I'd also really appreciate it :)

Johnus Maximus
07-13-2008, 11:23 PM
This was the last achieve I got, I picked the Eternal Combat scenario (easy upgrades) and the Aztecs (for their healing), managed to pick off 2 nations using my warriors, then had to defend for a bit until I got the horses and knights techs, after which it didnt take long - I finished at 700AD.

Psil0X
07-14-2008, 12:21 AM
So you just have to finish it before year 1000AD?

teej
07-14-2008, 12:42 AM
yeah I am having some trouble with this one too. Please share in depth on what you guys did and how you went about doing it lol.

Johnus Maximus
07-14-2008, 11:39 AM
Yup, make sure by 950AD you've got every capital city in your possesion.

What helped me get thru was to begin by saving the game. Then I explored to find who was nearest to me. Then I reloaded, and sent all 3 of my units (as an army) to the closest city and took that one over. Set all cities to production of warriors and keep advancing upon the next closest city.
Making use of any hills to get combat advantage, also making peace with your enemy even if you are 1 turn away from declaring war is handy. A lot of it is down to luck, in terms of city placement, stuff you find while exploring and also the combat.
But overall I found the best tactic was to save a lot and if something happened that I didnt like, just backtrack a few saves and change my tactic slightly.
Hope that helps, good luck :)

eXtreme 1138
07-14-2008, 02:05 PM

No, you have to win before the year 1000 A.D.

On a separate note, has anyone managed to win before 1000 A.D with a victory other than Domination? (if it's even possible) Proof would be appreciated (read: needed) of course...

MartiniKiss
07-14-2008, 02:22 PM
thanks for the tip johnus!
and idk if it would be possible for a victory other than domination if you tried for any others you would have to do some serious rushing

MaliciousMac
07-17-2010, 10:09 AM
Sweet, thanks for the tip! I used the Aztec, (for healing), and used the Eternal Combat senario, as you suggested, and set my cities to gather science, ( Y button ), and immediately set reaserch to horse riding. While I waited for the reaserch to complete I wondered around with my warriors searching for other civs and killing barbarians I found. I saved often as you suggested so when I found a civ I could reload and march right to them. Once horse riding was completed, I set all cities to gather gold, ( Y button ), set all cities to production, and built horsemen with all of them. Each new city I conquered was set to gold/production/horsemen. Every chance I had to build a road, I did so to speed my units to the next target. By the third capitol, however, I realized a spy would be most helpful taking down fortress defenses and picked ONE city to produce them. Using the spies and building roads, I took out all capitols by 400 BC. I hope this helps anyone else having trouble with this achievement. Remember to SAVE! SAVE! SAVE!

blackjacktrial
09-01-2010, 10:18 AM
I recommend, to cut down on reload time, to do one other thing - if you run into a civ, before you reset to beeline them, ask them where the other civs are. Such a stupidly easy thing to do, and everyone forgets to do it.

Cut four reloads to two for me, even if you do have to say "Peace!" to do it - which ain't a problem if you reload before you said "Peace!".

Edit: Of course, that strat only works if you do as I did and went standard (no scenario) gametype. I also went Mongol for the unit pumping advantage that having six cities when everyone else has one offers, even if the cities are in awful locations. Healing < Having ten armies covering for any injuries anyway.