PDA

View Full Version : Game of the Week

ChipSpudskin
06-24-2008, 08:22 AM
Does anyone play GOTW? I'm just trying to figure out whether the top scorers are getting their scores legitimately? On the lower difficulties some people have got a military victory in a little over 10 turns, this just seems impossible or is it?

MacAarburger
06-24-2008, 10:22 AM
maybe a glitch?

maybe just plain luck... all civs are very close together, immediatly charge out to kill each other and you can just take capitol by capitol...

although that would meen you can only walk 10 fields with your start warrior...
strange.

what gotw?
if it's one where you have 3 cities, all tech is available from start and everyone's at war... maybe he built bombers in 1 city, horsemen or something fast (tanks?) in the 2nd. then while the ground units walk there you take out the defense with the bombers...
but still, very unlikely.

ps i never play gotw because the stats are not really kept.
maybe when i'm bored with the other scenarios ;)

ChipSpudskin
06-24-2008, 10:42 AM
GOTW is basically a single-player scenario - I played this weeks and last weeks. Last week was romans, against 4 other AI civs. This week is egyptians against 4 other AI civs. I only tried Warlord but, in both you start with a settler and the beginning tech unique to your civ.

I guess it must be a glitch? Because the furthest AI cities were almost 20 squares away?

Rickt
06-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Don't worry I think people are cheating the system. I remember reading on the official forums people are findings ways to change the civi you start out with.

Needless to say if they can do that, then cheating in other ways they can probably do to.

ChipSpudskin
06-24-2008, 11:08 AM
I kind of suspected they might be cheating. But, being an experienced gamer I've seen people achieve things which didn't seem possible at first and they weren't cheating.

I just don't see the point, they might get the top spots on the leaderboard but, through no genuine achievement!

MacAarburger
06-24-2008, 11:55 AM
http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18392

in the official forums they opened a thread because they thought some were cheating. nothing concrete yet. and especialy no mention of turn number.

ChipSpudskin
06-24-2008, 01:37 PM
Thanks MacAarburger :)

ChipSpudskin
06-26-2008, 08:00 AM
Btw, they are managing their workers from the beginnning to boost research or production and not bothering with expanding the city. I don't know if I had some kind of glitch but, I had tried managing workers to do exactly the same thing but, couldn't seem to get the workers to leave the food tile??!

Hamster
07-02-2008, 05:55 AM
http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18392

in the official forums they opened a thread because they thought some were cheating. nothing concrete yet. and especialy no mention of turn number.

Thanks for the link.

Matera
07-03-2008, 01:11 PM
The Top guys are not cheating I know cause I'm one of them I FULLY I.

Basically its just using very good stratergy to get a domination win within only 10-15 turns turns. This week was easy because the firendly villagers gives settlers which makes getting to the AI a lot quicker.

My mate found the ultimate stratergy and has a website which also shows the map each week so you can plan your stratergy.
He is also in consultation with 2K to have prizes for the best times each week.

Personally I never glitch or cheat in any game I play and neither to my mates Grumbles69 or Spencer69-There just addicted to Civ

http://civgameoftheweek.com (http://civgameoftheweek.com/)

Check it out also has The leaderboards for each difficulty.

Tekoa55
10-25-2008, 03:20 AM
Does anyone play GOTW? I'm just trying to figure out whether the top scorers are getting their scores legitimately? On the lower difficulties some people have got a military victory in a little over 10 turns, this just seems impossible or is it?

My friends and I did a totally legit game of the week and won 1300 B.C. You just have to be pinpoint exsact and play the game over and over to perfect your strategy.