PDA

View Full Version : Ranked or player matches?

NinjaMonkeyUK
06-24-2008, 08:29 AM
Hi everyone.

Last night I finished the single player game on Ultraviolent and got the achievements, so right now I only need the 2 multiplayer achievements for 50 and 100 kills. So far I only had 4 kills.

I searched for a match online but couldn't find any so I created my own player match. About 5 seconds after I'd created it someone jumped into the game & we started killing eacho other.

We played 3 games together & in this time I racked up about 25 kills. When the other player left I went to check the leaderboards to see exactly how many kills I got over those games but the leaderboard still said I only had 4!

Does the game not instantly add new kills to the leaderboard, or is there something wrong? The games we played were quite laggy...

Do you have to play ranked matches in order for the kills to count? Or do the kills in player matches still count towards the achievements even though they are not being recorded on the leaderboards?

Thanks!

VeNGeD
06-24-2008, 10:18 AM
i think it was lag that screwed you up, i think i got my kills in player match. icant remember though :confused:

DJbruce
06-24-2008, 10:31 AM
Well in the Guide it says you can just make a room with your buddies if you so please
So I'm presuming Player matches would count too.

NinjaMonkeyUK
06-24-2008, 01:21 PM
So if the lag screwed it up, there's no way I can get these 2 achievements, because I've never played a lag-free match on Doom yet! :(

The first game I played (in which I got 4 kills) was laggy as hell but they still registered on the leaderboards straight away.

I might try hosting a couple of ranked matches tonight and see if that makes any difference...

monkey101609
06-25-2008, 07:13 PM
LOL! I can't even beat the last level of episode 1. And when ever I try no one is on Live :(

Dysitis
06-25-2008, 09:34 PM
Kills count for the achievements in both player matches and ranked matches. However, the game must finish for the kills to count. That means that if everyone else quits on you, any kills you had will not count for the achievements. Also, make sure your games have either a kill limit or a frag limit or else the game will never finish and the kills won't count. You know they counted if you see the end of game tally screen.

Player match kills don't count for the leaderboards. It only counts ranked matches, but if someone quits out, any kills you may have had on that person will not count on the leaderboards.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is try to find someone to play with who won't quit on you and you should get your achievements in no time.