PDA

View Full Version : V Strange Achievements

ReD sAtAnIcUs
08-16-2006, 06:33 PM
Has anyone noticed the new (at least I think its new) Japanese game with the achievement logo as the X from the original Xbox with a red centre to it. I have someone on my recent player list with it but since it is in Japanese I cannot read the game title or the achievement titles, any ideas?

Erutaerc
08-16-2006, 06:39 PM
http://www.mygamercard.net/leaderboard.php?gt=&g=101&z=&c=&x=82&y=5

That one?

ReD sAtAnIcUs
08-16-2006, 06:49 PM
yea thats the one, though it looks slighly different as a achievement logo but its deffinately that now looking at the actual achievements for it

ReD sAtAnIcUs
08-16-2006, 08:21 PM
So does anyone know what this game is called and what type of game it is?

Erutaerc
08-16-2006, 08:33 PM
It's called Tokyo Highway Battle, don't know the type of game.

Krazie
08-16-2006, 08:51 PM
Moved to the appropriate forum :)

ReD sAtAnIcUs
08-16-2006, 09:38 PM
Oh sorry, well thanks, so its obviously a racing game then, hmm very random looking achievements for a racing game

ModoX
08-17-2006, 10:22 AM
Presumably, from the name, it's from the Tokyo Xtreme Racer series that was on the Dreamcast (Tokyo Highway Challenge over here in the EU) and has made an outing or two on the PS2 as well I think. Not terrible games, the graphics of the first DC one were mind blowing at the time. The brake lights left little red trails behind them as you turned.

Anyway, if it is what I think it is, I hope they bring it to the West, it'd be worth a rental.

WasherDryerCombo
08-19-2006, 09:02 AM
For some reason my post in this thread was deleted but if you look at my achievement points I have the game.

Most of the achievements are for beating bosses through the career mode, 4 of them are awarded after your 1st 10th, 50th and 100th win in multi player and the others are for beating the time trials in under the required time.

I need to beat two more bosses and play the online portion.

Fire Mage
08-25-2006, 08:56 PM
I have the old Tokyo Highway Battle on my original Playstation. :woop:

It was a semi-decent racing game.

TGI PassionPiG
07-01-2009, 03:13 AM
With the exception of a couple of race conditions this game is identical to import tuner challenge. The achievement list is also the same. Its a street racing game and most of the games points are gained from beating the various racing teams/gangs and bosses. There are also online achievements but you will most certainly need a boosting partner because this game is EMPTY online. All in all this game relatively simple and stress free compared to most japanese games.