Achievement Guide

Ahoy mates and welcome to the achievement guide for Deadliest Catch....player tested xRogue 5x approved. Contained within this guide you should find all you need to finish off this game with less of a headache that this game caused me.

NOTE!!! To all you completionist freaks out there this game contains one bugged achievement and so far the max you can get out of this game is 985.

This game will probably take you into the 30ish hour range to complete maybe a little quicker since you have a guide to use but it is definitely more involved then one would think.

This game has a tendency to freeze up unexpectedly and sometimes it will constantly freeze during a load in which case you can kiss that career save file bye bye. SAVE OFTEN and on multiple slots to avoid wanting to bathe with a toaster.

All achievements can be achieved on the easiest difficulty. While this causes the game to be even more boring (is that possible?) than it is but it sure beats the hell out of having to constantly reload because Burt can't stay on his feet or avoid severe head trauma.

In the guide I will try and present these in a way that will make these easier to get.

With that out of the way let the fun begin.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strung Along-15g (Drop 50 Pots in a season)

This achievement for now is bugged. They say they are working on a patch. If it gets fixed you will have to drop 50 pots in real time which in game that is 250 pots. Put 200 pots onto your boat and then drop them, return to shore get 50 more and then drop those.

Crab Boat Captain-15g (Unlock Season Mode)

To unlock career mode you have to play through the tutorial missions. After you finish them up career mode should open up and presto achievo.

Helping Hand-45g (Rescue another ship at sea)

You will get this during the tutorial missions that you have to play to unlock season mode.

Perfect Positioning-75g (Finish a crowded harbor mission without any collisions)

Do this on on the first crowded mission because some of the later ones can be very tricky. Just take it slow and don't hit anything. There is a collision counter in the upper right hand corner of the screen. I believe it starts on 3 and you fail if it reaches zero. So finish one with it still on 3 and you should get it.

Also, for the complete all missions achievement you don't have to get gold on all of these you just have to finish them.

Speed Junkie-55g (Get a gold medal in all harbor dash missions)

This is probably going to be the achievement that will give you the most fits. You start in a skiff and have to race from checkpoint buoy to checkpoint buoy and each time you pass through one you will get some time added. To get gold you will have to beat the different missions with a certain amount of time remaining. What makes this so rough is that the skiff controls like a drunken bantha. Also, try to avoid the ramps as they kind of only slow you down and there are several that cause a weird bug where your ship will nose dive into the water and become a slow supmarine.

Two if by Sea-75g (Beat the High Seas Rush Mission in under 2 Minutes)

Once again you will find yourself into control of that stupid skill. This time you have to race around the open ocean and you will have to pass through yellow beams of light (Much like the ones from the tutorials) You have way more than enough time to hit them all. I got this on my first try after doing all of the races. At this point you should be pretty good at controlling the boat. You have to finish before the timer counts down to 120.

Semper Paratus-45g (Beat all Coast Guard Missions)

The next stop in your tour de mission are the coast guard ones. They aren't particularly difficult just follow the instructions givin for each mission and you should hammer through them pretty quickly.

Jack of All Trades-75g (Beat all Missions.)

To get this achievement you will need to complete every mission on the mission screen. Some of the later missions won't unlock until you have finished a few seasons in career mode.

Northwestern Scholar-15g (View all Videos in the Virtual Tour)

Go into the extras and there should be an option called virtual tour or something (sorry at the time of deciding to write this I had already gotten rid of the game so I am doing my best to write this from memory.)

Scattered throughout the different areas of the ship will be floating yellow question marks. Walk up to them and watch them. There are a ton of these scattered all over the ship. The engine room won't unlock until you have finished mission 5 I believe. At any rate if you have been following the guide the room should be open by now.

Piece of the Pie-75g (Complete a Multiplayer Game with the Maximum Number of Boats)

To get this you will simply finish a game of multiplayer with 8 people in it. This is harder than it sounds. The multiplayer setup is terrible, the servers are really bad, it took us 4 or 5 tries to finish it because people kept getting dropped from the game.

1. Set up a boosting party via x360a's awesome sauce site.

2. Create a private multiplayer room. Make sure to set the max players to 8 and turn down the time setting to .2 or whatever is shortest it should equal out to about 5 minutes.

3. Invite everyone in and once they have readied up start the game.

4. Sit around for 5 minutes and if everyone is still in the room when the season ends....achievement!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by xRogue 5x

The next section of achievements are all done in career mode. Play on the easiest difficulty. Also after each king season save 50k that way you can skip the lengthier and not as profitable Opilio seasons.

Cetacean Location-15g (Spot a whale.)

You don't actually have to look at a whale to get this one. As long as a whale surfaces near your boat you will get it. I challenge anyone to not this achievement while going for the others. I don't think it can be done.

Harsh Reminder-75g (Spot a shipwreck.)

First let me say big ups to IXILegionIXL for finding this and posting these pictures of kick assery!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=77426

Use that thread and it is post number 5.

Bering Sea Veteren-15g (Complete your first King season.)

In career mode there are two types of seasons King and Opilio. As you play the game will alternate back and forth between the two. You can play through a season of king or you can go out to sea return to harbor and end the season early.

Experienced Crabber-45g (Complete 3 king seasons.)

You will get this after your third king season. Don't sweat this one as it will come as you work towards the others.

Man of the Sea-75g (Complete 5 king seasons.)

Again this will come in time as you are working towards the other achievements. If for some reason you finish up the other ones and you have reached this one yet simply keep skipping seasons until you have finished up king season number 5.

Money in a Cage-15g (Bring up a full pot of crab.)

I'm not exactly sure what constitutes as a full pot of crab. I believe if you have at least 80 king keepers and 500 opilio it will count. I got this during one of the tutorials but again you will be pulling up a mess of pots during your time in career and you are bound to get it unless you are the single most unlucky person ever.

Big Money-75g (Sell a total of $1,000,000 in crab.)

This achievement is culmulative and can be done over the coarse of several seasons. You will probably get this after king season number 2 but by the end of season 3 you should have it. I was making around 4 to 500k per king season.

Victor Delta-45g (Complete a season with all crew members having very high morale.)

This achievement was also a pain the rear. To get it in theory you have to end the season with all five of your crewmen having max morale (a completely filled yellow meter). I did this on several occasions and no achievement. For other people they had no problem getting it. What I did was make a save right at the end of a season and kept ending the season and if no achievement I would reload my save file. After about 6 or 7 tries of this maybe more the achievement finally unlocked.

Morale Tips: First start by filling your roster with low% fishermen such as Burt or Roxanne. The reason behind this is that the greenhorn's morale will fill up much faster than the more experienced people. Kenny for example takes forever to fill up. First and foremost to raising morale is catch lots of crab. If you are hauling in tons of crab their meter will pretty quick. Make sure to give your crew breaks if they ask for them and don't work them to hard for too long. If you notice their red meters getting low but the little guys to sleep for a while. Play on easy mode because this lessens the rate at which morale drops. You can also add things to your boat that will help such as a tv. Also, make sure you have someone who can cook onboard because they will be pretty pissed if they don't get some chow.

Mr. Popular-75g (Earned by using each fisherman.)

When this achievement says fishermen they are referring to the crewmen and not the captains as I had originally thought. There are 20 fishermen in all and you can use five per season so at the end of your fifth season you should get it.

What I did was at the start of the first season I picked five of them and wrote downs which ones I had selected. Next, play the season and skip the Opilio season. Then at the start of the next king season I would hire five new fishermen. Repeat this process until you have used them all.

Here is a list of the fisherpeoples.....

1. Edgar

2. Norman

3. Stan

4. Tom

5. Tico

6. Mike

7. Kayl

8. Nick

9. Dan

10. Terri

11. Spike

12. Buster

13. Burt

14. Matt

15. Jake Harris

16. Josh

17. Roxanne

18. Kenny

19. Albert

20. Jake Anderson

All Decked Out-75g (Fully upgrade a boat.)

To get this you will need to purchase all the add ons for your boat. At the end of each season you will come to the menu where you can make repairs or buy additional things for your boat. Don't worry about all the red bars in which you can put money into to fix them up. Those don't matter. What you will need to finish your spending efforts on are the add ons in the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

I will try to list them but again I'm doing this from memory as I don't have the game anymore.

Large Rudder-150k

Live Well Pump-60k

Heated decks and rails-100k

Washing machines-4k

Microwave-4k

Television-4k

Survival suits-10k

Fire extinguisher-2k

Life Raft-20k

Engine 1-150k

Engine 2-300k

Engine 3-350k

Thats all I can remember but you get the drift. Purchase everything from that box. It will take several seasons and some items such as the later engines don't become available until you have purchased the lower versions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There ya have it mates the treasure map ye need to get the most out of yer Deadliest Catch! Yarr!!!!!!!!!

Edited by xRogue 5x

Great guide, especially with it being done from memory. :)

Some things could use a little more detail. For me at least, harbor mission #5 was a bitch. 1 through 4, no problem, but 5 (which you need for Jack of all trades), I spent no less than 2 hours completing.

The bow thruster is def your friend, and the 3 point turn, becomes a 10 point turn! I had attempted this mission going in from both sides, going in frontwards and bakwards with no luck. The bow thruster is a necessity for this mission.

Also, I thought of listing all the videos for the Northwestern achievement, however , perhaps I am the only one who took 4 tours to finally find the one stupid video which I had missed.

Since this is my first post, a big shout out to the community! While this is my first post, I have used tips and stategies from this board for a long time, you guys are the best :)

Yeah, I definitely wanted to flesh out more details in that area but it will have to wait until either I have the game again or someone else wants to list it out and I'll credit you and add it into the main guide.

When I have a few more achievements, I will help you flesh it out a bit. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having trouble with the races. I beat the second one and got a silver instead of a gold and this was after umpteen attempts so I just left the races to do something else. Later on I came back to the races and I got a gold....but it didn't unlock the next mission... so my question is has this happened to anyone else? and if so were you able to fix it and how? and if not do you have any advice?

• 4 weeks later...
I'm having trouble with the races. I beat the second one and got a silver instead of a gold and this was after umpteen attempts so I just left the races to do something else. Later on I came back to the races and I got a gold....but it didn't unlock the next mission... so my question is has this happened to anyone else? and if so were you able to fix it and how? and if not do you have any advice?

Try playing a few more seasons and see if that will unlock it.

This is my first time doing this but i want to c how this works and wanted to say that i thought all of the harbor missions were easy and the 5th only took me about 10 min. top sry it took u so long. If anyone has online please send me a message so we can meet up and get the achievement for the game cuz i dont understand where i ask for people in the explanation. Plz Help.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...