PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or........

dandoc2
06-28-2008, 10:16 AM
Ok does anyone find long jump impossibly hard to button bash whereas triple is fine

i dunno whether its because its harder than athens 04 or just the 360 pad but some of the events are impossible

Also whats with the high jump i can get 2.48 but 2.50 is impossible

DrunkenDucks
06-28-2008, 11:42 AM
Ok does anyone find long jump impossibly hard to button bash whereas triple is fine

i dunno whether its because its harder than athens 04 or just the 360 pad but some of the events are impossible

The long jump and the triple jump feels the same... when im playing at least.
The high jump is really really hard. i think you need perfect on every step. i only got 2.48 to. and i have get perfect on every step but one excellent. and still, i didnt make it.

Mvrck945
06-28-2008, 01:52 PM

Yes the triple is easier than long jump to get full power using the buttons. Vault is similar to long jump in that I can't get full power using buttons but can with analog stick. I would be suprised if any one can get maximum power from A + B on long jump and vault.

I would say the playstation controller was easier to use than the 360 controller but they have defininetly made it hard for Beijing. I could finger tap to maximum power easily on Athens. The only events I can do finger tapping are swimming and triple jump.

The funny thing with the high jump is I hit eveything perfect on 2.50 and it still doesn't clear.

Any one care to explain how to clear 3m springboard? I do all the hardest dives perfectly and I'm 3points short

DrunkenDucks
06-28-2008, 02:20 PM
Yes the triple is easier than long jump to get full power using the buttons. Vault is similar to long jump in that I can't get full power using buttons but can with analog stick. I would be suprised if any one can get maximum power from A + B on long jump and vault.

I would say the playstation controller was easier to use than the 360 controller but they have defininetly made it hard for Beijing. I could finger tap to maximum power easily on Athens. The only events I can do finger tapping are swimming and triple jump.

The funny thing with the high jump is I hit eveything perfect on 2.50 and it still doesn't clear.

Any one care to explain how to clear 3m springboard? I do all the hardest dives perfectly and I'm 3points short

How to clear the 3m springboard... i want to know that to. dont understand

GTukC
06-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Well in Javelin I keep getting 98.48 perfect angle perfect run and stops on white line but cannot get that damn 98.50 :(

DrunkenDucks
06-28-2008, 02:44 PM
Well in Javelin I keep getting 98.48 perfect angle perfect run and stops on white line but cannot get that damn 98.50 :(

I have the WR on that one (99.18) but i dont have any idea how i got it. didnt even had perfect on the angle.

Roaming Dragon
06-28-2008, 02:50 PM
I swear to god the fucking Long Jump and Triple jump are stupidly hard to get full power on. I just don't understand why it can't just be one analog stick instead of both of them, why doesn't it register that you are hitting A and B?

Well annyoing.

-Roaming Dragon

mptuk
06-28-2008, 06:23 PM
long jump / triple just do the track n field trick. turn pad sideways an use 1 stick up an down for power u have the choice of either stick for left n right handed players, if your right handed then just use left hand to press LT.

the high jump you need to get perfect pretty much but the last one where u press like LT or RT try pressing it quite early, i usually just stare at his feet same with the floor exercise.

smsya15
06-28-2008, 07:51 PM
i got the diving ones, not to sure what info i can give that you probably dont know but pick the hardest dives, the 3.4, 3.2 and so on, and just keep the ball in the middle of the bit you move around... the little ball never went dark for me once, and i managed to beat the scores.. so just keep at it..

mptuk
06-28-2008, 07:56 PM
i got the diving ones, not to sure what info i can give that you probably dont know but pick the hardest dives, the 3.4, 3.2 and so on, and just keep the ball in the middle of the bit you move around... the little ball never went dark for me once, and i managed to beat the scores.. so just keep at it..

i try keep in middle an follow it around smooth as possible. im at 155.55 after the 2nd trick but i always end up being at 380.. highest was 386.

the shotgun skeet i find that when the clay gets shot out what u need to do is follow the target slowly an not just stay in one position worked ok for me just nearer the end the targets seem to go abit faster.

Mvrck945
06-28-2008, 10:19 PM
If anyone is struggling with the weightlifting achivement lift the bigger weight in clean and jerk as it's easier. I lifted 220 on snatch then 257.5 in clean and jerk. I wasn't very good at it and I probably could of lifted a few kilos more on clean and jerk