PDA

View Full Version : Too Hard - Advice Please

JJBDude
08-17-2006, 09:17 PM
Okay this game is not getting stupidly hard for me. It started off fine, me being able to stroll around as a king and never would my health bar go more than half lost. Now that I have progressed alot in the Yellow Turban Campaign enemies have more health and hurt me a lot more, earlier one of the officers did their special B attack on me and I lost a quarter of my health!!!

So I really need some tips. I've stopped rushing ahead into enemy bases and taking them all on and am defending and fighting as a team, however I am still getting anihilated. What I most want to know is am I supposed to be increasing the stats of my people? I have just been invading countries with different officers and not bothered to do any of the RPG elements of the game, is this going to haunt me now?

Tyger7
08-17-2006, 10:26 PM
yes, using top rank officers is a lot easier. Personally I would use a couple events to always take over a nation. I would do neutral bases and invest in the saddles. Then I would simply go base to base til i got to the main base, then the commander guy would appear and id kill him. Then you got all his troops. Mainly when you beat one, they give you higher ranked officers that they have. Just use them til you get more. Its not too bad at all! Rank your officers also by the Train event. You can max them out pretty easily, i did about 25 of them just doing that!

Tracker4502
08-18-2006, 05:15 AM
I would also suggest maxxing out an officer, but make it a "special" one (one who isn't a copy officer). Also, custom officers never die, so maxxing him / her out would be the best move.

PS: Make sure to have the game on easy if you're having trouble.:)

JJBDude
08-18-2006, 02:04 PM
The highest rank officer I have is Rank 16, is that good or bad? And I can't run straight to their base Tyger7 because I die in like 5 hits.

I've got the game on Novice difficulty by the way.

Muta32
08-18-2006, 04:43 PM
16 is horrible! Go with the lowest number. It counts down (in order MAX,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9...). I recomend maxing out someone that has a well controled special attack which is easy to manuver and control. Someone like Lu Bu or Houng Zhong, instead of someone like Gan Ning or Zhang He whos moves make you go extremely fast so it is harder to get many hits in on one person.

Playing as a level 16 character is probably why you keep dieing over and over. Also raising your smith levels and training between battles helps.

Items that will help you alot:
Ice Orb
Way of the Mosou
Red Hare Harness
Tiger Amulet
Tortiuse Amulet

DELTA FOX
08-18-2006, 09:16 PM
I was having problems like this, but my I spenttoday playing 2 player with one of m friends. It makes it twice as easy and you can still get the achievements. After you select the territory to invade and you have another controller in, press start on it.

I only got the game yesterday, but finished the other 10 areas of yellow turban and the whole of gathering of heroes today.

Tyger7
08-18-2006, 09:34 PM
ok this is what i usually did, you dont have to attack right away when you start the game. You can usually wait a few times cause they wont attack you, they have bigger nations to dominate. This is where you can set up or train a little. And yes, rank 16 is not good, you want 10 or lower at least. Usually when you take over a nation you get one of their good leaders. You can tell whos good and who isnt usually by their icon looking unique. Remember to train them over and over again if you have that event, it levels them up to every time you do it except for the top levels like 1-5 or so. Lu Bu is good but...can you defeat him to actually obtain him right away? probably not. He is always their hardest character in the game, they make him a god. Anyways, just pick the right nation at first. Look around and see who has what as far as inventory items. production is a real good trait to be using. Also in certain types you are picking the side you wanna be and remember any char that you leveled up, will stayed leveled up forever on that game save. If you got a level at MAX which is the top level, he will be there if you play a different scenario as well, you just have to obtain them. I hope this helps

Muta32
08-19-2006, 01:48 PM
Slightly off topic, but still slightly helpful advice

Best officers (no particular order):

Wei Yan
Lu Bu
Huang Zhong
Lu Xun (starts as one of the weakest in the game, but he has some good attacks when you level him up)Always Make either Sima Yi or Zhuge Liang your stratigist (they are the best).

Be sure to stock up on tatics between turns.