PDA

View Full Version : I hope there are zero multiplayer achievements...

Cody Gooden
06-29-2008, 10:00 AM
I would have 1k in Saints Row 1 if it weren't for the silly multiplayer achievements... I hope this game is like CoD2 and CoD4 with only singleplayer achievements which leaves the multiplayer to simply be pure fun... In Saints Row 1 they had those silly ranked achievements and silly achievements for game modes that no one ever played... I just wish this game would have all 1000 gamerscore in single player...

Another thing I hope for is multiplayer ranks to be based on experience and not "Trueskill"... trueskill is bull because someone who has 1 good game and never plays again with 10 kills and 1 death has a better trueskill than me with my 15000 kills and over 1000 games played... which is bull... it should simply be, each game gives you points, those points add up to the next rank... and it should be a simple as that...

Thank you for your time community.

laundryman
06-29-2008, 07:11 PM
Same here. I hate multiplayer achievements in games like this.

CrAzYnEsS
07-01-2008, 12:52 AM
i Totally Agree With U On Both. I Hated Seein People With Way More Kills Then Others And Not Being Ranked Higher. I Aslo Hated Though How U Could Lose Ur Rank So Fast,even If U Were Lagged Out.

Led
07-01-2008, 02:52 PM
I agree. A sandbox game doesn't need mp achievements.

LFCDANNY 2k8
07-01-2008, 02:55 PM
It needs achievements, as online is the main part, but not trueskill ones

CLAPSTER
07-01-2008, 08:42 PM
If they have online achievements they should be at least easy.

Inexxa
07-13-2008, 01:56 AM
I wish the single player mode held all the achievments .... but you know what it's like :/ Will end up having to kill 1000 black dudes with caps online for 10gs and other stupid things to do.

None the less I will be buying this game anyway :)

Rutawitz
07-13-2008, 03:17 AM
online achievements force people like me to pull hair instead of just screwing around online

Lebowski
07-13-2008, 03:25 AM
Needs mulitplayer achievements that can be gained by doing well in ONE game, not over a period of games.

e.g. 5 kill streak etc.

Blackjaw x
07-13-2008, 03:29 AM
As long as there's no Trueskill (which is always broken), I don't mind multiplayer achievements at all. The multiplayer in Saints Row was fun enough to make me play it for real rather than boost (I boosted Kingpin however).

TESTUBE BABY 82
07-13-2008, 09:30 PM
i think the multiplayer acheivements should be a lot easier to get that saints 1.some were just impossible to get as people glitched and spawn camp and basically fucked the game up.i was lucky to get 1000 at this .im looking forward to this

ezekiel 08
07-19-2008, 11:46 AM
Needs mulitplayer achievements that can be gained by doing well in ONE game, not over a period of games.

Darn straight! I had a kill streak of 38 in one game and that's better than getting 50 pimp kills in my book! I never stand-byed and people who did ruined it for everyone...

e.g. 5 kill streak etc.
As long as there's no Trueskill (which is always broken), I don't mind multiplayer achievements at all. The multiplayer in Saints Row was fun enough to make me play it for real rather than boost (I boosted Kingpin however).

I hope there's no Trueskill achievements, they were the biggest joke to get. Me and my friends won something like 20 Blinged Out Ride matches in a row and my Trueskill went DOWN and I was the one getting all the money and car Pimps! Not to mention I have over 100 cars to level 4 and no achievement yet... GAY.

I would like a 10,000 kills achievement, I would so do that! So achievements that are easy to get OR don't relly on other people or luck would be nice to see.

Spardan
08-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Nah no mp acheivements would be much better
unless it co op achievements in which case they ok

But no other multiplayer achievements

Heroine923
08-08-2008, 06:56 PM
I found Saints Row to be quite easy for 1000,but the Trueskill is pretty fucked up hopefully it isn't in Saints Row 2.

CLAPSTER
08-12-2008, 11:00 PM
Trueskill should rank up alot easier/faster.

Bloody Sky
08-13-2008, 10:55 PM
I agree. I am not too huge of a fan of multiplayer, on most games, so it would not disappoint me in the least if they had no MP achievements. Even if I do try out MP, most of my gaming, on this game, will defiantly be done in Single Player.

Segnius
08-14-2008, 10:29 AM
What's wrong with Trueskill? It determines your rank based on how well you do instead of how long you play the game. I'm not opposed to ranks which just involve gaining experience over time, but they aren't always accurate. Some people who are terrible will play for extended periods of time, and some who are good may not play near as much.

Rocha12
08-14-2008, 12:51 PM
I can't stand long online Achievements! Skill ones yeah but just long.. rubbish. Fingers crossed!

ezekiel 08
08-16-2008, 01:22 AM
I found Saints Row to be quite easy for 1000

*Cough* Stand-byer *Cough*

What's wrong with Trueskill? It determines your rank based on how well you do instead of how long you play the game. I'm not opposed to ranks which just involve gaining experience over time, but they aren't always accurate. Some people who are terrible will play for extended periods of time, and some who are good may not play near as much.

And some people who suck balls and can't even play the game get to level 40 in one match because all the other players are super high levels but decide to muck around in one match and the uber n00b wins and gets Kingpin in one match.

Oh that's fair, sure...

How can you say it's better to NOT level up over time? I had a kick ass kill death ratio and won almost all the matches I played and I didn't even hit level 25. Hell, I even LOST levels for winning matches! Then you look at the leaderboards and people are on level 45 with 100 kills and 500 deaths, WHAT THE F**K!

Screw the True Skill rankings. They work in THEORY, but less than 30% of people play the game properly and don't mess around.

Hell, just put all the online achievements in Unranked and let us boost for them and then play Ranked seriously, as it's meant to be played!

BRUTAL Atreyu
08-25-2008, 05:31 PM
i agree with what ezekiel08 last posted. and ive had a case like that this myself. when i first got the game i decided to play online before story for whatever reason. met a few guys that were in a high ranked gang (DMF) and in my fist game online i got the win 10 straight ranked games. the very next game i swear i got all the ranks including kingpin. now im not a standbyer i swear. i absolutely hate those ppl, they get under my skin. they make me wanna reach through the screen and stab em witha rusty butterknife. anyways though there shouldnt be online achievements because it does take away from online gameplay for sure. o and btw i brought the car in blinged out ride to become lvl4 about 10 times and no achievement. its my last one for the game. i have 980 pts. IRRITATING!!

Dark Scarecrow
08-29-2008, 10:06 AM
I'm hopping for Achievements like:
fall 1200 feet
or
Completely Pimp your Crib

Something that fits the theme of the game

Not Multiplayer Achievements.

Evil Demon55
09-01-2008, 12:34 AM
I hope there is some mult. achievements, just no trueskill ones... especially Kingpin!

roy1751
09-14-2008, 03:50 AM
Well the achievement list is out, and there are multiplayer achievs. Doesn't look like any of them involve TrueSkill(which is broken), but what the hell are the badges? Guess we'll find out...

skyman209
09-23-2008, 05:33 PM
what are these multiplayer badges? if they are anything like true skill im going to play fable 2

atomiclard
09-23-2008, 09:20 PM
the co-op acheivements dont look bad, there is 200G up for grabs if you complete the story and activities on co-op.
does anybody know what strong arm is?
edit: also does anybody know the secret achievements?

ezekiel 08
10-05-2008, 05:35 PM
the co-op acheivements dont look bad, there is 200G up for grabs if you complete the story and activities on co-op.
does anybody know what strong arm is?
edit: also does anybody know the secret achievements?

Strong Arm is a multiplayer mode that encompasses all the other modes into one big "Super Mode".

I hope the badge achievements are not like the True Skill achievements, I'm worried as the 30 Badge achievement is called 'Kingpin'.

DCS 23
10-05-2008, 05:38 PM
It needs achievements, as online is the main part, but not trueskill ones
yes totally agree with you there true skill achievements are silly but yes there should be online achievements..

wereZ
10-05-2008, 06:58 PM
But there IS multipayer achivements, and for me that makes it bettr, because its good to be able to accomplish something online, and get rewarded, i think cod4 couldve had online achivements, for the golden guns, or for reaching top prestige.