PDA

View Full Version : Is It Just Me Or ...

Roaming Dragon
06-29-2008, 04:07 PM
Is it just me or, when playing on Diety or King when the AI makes planes they can just stay near your city for all the game without crashing.

Now when i make them they are good for about 4 turns then they crash.

Very Annoying.

-Roaming Dragon

tarekegypt
06-30-2008, 02:49 PM
I've noticed that as well. I guess it depends on the "enemy" Civilization and what technology they've researched, in my case its was the Greek plans they had a much longer time to Refuel, and just stayed around my cities for ages.

Shdowknight
07-03-2008, 11:13 AM
yeah, the AI cheats big-time. They start off in citys with a warrior unit, like if you start on chieftain. Also I have fought cities that can churn out two units a turn before I even got to the modern era (and Im miles ahead in tech level). And they have a habit of sprouting cities out of thin air, especially on random islands.

Proof of this is that I was playing multiplayer, I disconnected, rejoined, 3 turns later, and I had 3 random cities on faraway islands, and new units. I wasn't complaining.

Oh and on the rare occasion where I have lost a city, and I retake it, some of the buildings have disappeared and the population dropped.

Vaatdoekje
07-07-2008, 06:22 PM
yeah, I've also experienced this, quite lame if you ask me;)

Le Smash
07-12-2008, 02:07 PM
Once you go past the 2nd lowest difficulty, the computer starts to cheat a bit

CucciKutta
07-13-2008, 03:37 AM
yeah I found that out today. I was playing earlier and I surrounded Cleopatra (we were at war -she started it). Anyway, I had a unit on every single square she controlled. There was no way she had any production. Even so I could never take her over because she had hoards of Archer armies in her city. I could barely make one hoplite and this chick had archer ARMIES in her city. She almost had a tech victory because after a while all she could do was research and get gold from her shore squares (I didn't use a navy). Still I wounder how she built that harbour without a production square or developed a population without her plains.
Anyway I lost because Ghandi went to war with me -which I didn't see coming at all; it's friggin' Ghandi.

Frijolie
10-17-2008, 05:32 PM
Yeah, I've never thought about this but now that you mention it...it's completely true! The computer does cheat