PDA

View Full Version : Great People Trick Video

TheMystic
06-30-2008, 02:22 PM
I figured I'd give this its own post since I see a lot of complaints everywhere that people are having a hard time getting their last one or two great people. After two days of going nuts trying to get my final two, I figured out this method and made a video of it. Without a doubt, this is the absolute best way to get great people quickly in Civ : Rev.

YouTube - Civilization Revolution Great People Trick by TheMystic

You can click on the link to go direct to Youtube to watch a High Quality version if you'd like.

tarekegypt
06-30-2008, 02:38 PM
Wow! Very Useful. Thank you.!

Hamster
07-01-2008, 06:06 AM
Nice Vid thanks you saved me the trouble of finding a method.

iskoot
07-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Just a question...How well does this work on King difficulty? Maybe a sure fire way to get a win with one city on King difficulty? Let me know what you think.

Scable Logo
07-01-2008, 09:21 PM
Nice trick. Works nicely, although I've now been missing Homer for a while so I guess I gotta keep at it.

pts100
07-02-2008, 09:47 PM
Well man ,great video and a great idea got my last one using it.

Any tips for.......That We May Live In Peace

Power Never Takes A Back Step

Cheers PTS100

bonzojoe
07-02-2008, 10:43 PM
great vid and helped me get my last person (although it took me 4 tries)

altering this method is also a quick alternate to get the wins for nations quickly (it took me about 10min to win a game)

MartiniKiss
07-02-2008, 10:52 PM
that looks like it will come in handy when i finally go buy this game :woop:

SlyElmo
07-05-2008, 05:29 PM
This video helped a lot and I only need one more GP to grab the achievement.
Imothep is the elusive bastard :mad:

Thanks again for the video and cultural farming technique. It helped a lot. If anyone has any ideas or advice for making Imothep appear then I'm all ears. Thanks.

Asgorath
07-05-2008, 11:23 PM
A small question, do you actually need to use a great person for them to be registered? I'm asking as I could swear I got one of the few I was still missing (but nothing to use him on at all) and at the end didn't see him as being unlocked. Perhaps I was mistaken however.

R0Y4LEwitCHEESE
07-06-2008, 01:04 AM
Good video, however I found that I tended to get simlar people every time I tried it, namely Henry Ford, Wilber Wright, etc. Thinking that maybe clearing the cache could have fixed that up. Ended lucking out on my last two during a Deity game (Gilgamesh, Cheops)

X Bob0907 X
07-08-2008, 04:07 PM
Would this method work for getting a cultural victory on Deity also?? Just can't seem to master deity or King.

Asgorath
07-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Would this method work for getting a cultural victory on Deity also?? Just can't seem to master deity or King.

Only if you do expand your cities to more then 1. Else time will prob. run out before you get enough great persons to make the united nations wonder (the scenario allows for only a limited number of wonders to be build).

Asgorath
07-11-2008, 10:02 PM
Geezz... I've been playing both normal games and games like the trick one the last few evenings but one great person just doesn't want to show up. Gna! at Achievements based on random luck :S

MartiniKiss
07-13-2008, 02:15 AM
yep when you need them they arent there :(
and the videos down? :confused:

eXtreme 1138
07-13-2008, 03:26 PM
I found this method only really unlocks more modern great people, ancient people such as Imhotep and Cheops will not get unlocked quickly in this method whereas, Henry Ford, Tippu Sultan, Charles Babbage etc peple of the more modern eras will get unlocked almost every game. This was annoying as I only need Cheops and played 10+ games using this method with him not unlocking, so I played a normal game as the English and he was the first person I unlocked.

ShaunMichael80
07-13-2008, 04:29 PM
can anyone tell me how this works...(i cant watch youtube here in beijing, its blocked)...

Im missing 5 guys...

are these totally random?

or do they unlock by playing certain civilizations? i still need to beat like 6 more

MartiniKiss
07-13-2008, 06:54 PM
can anyone tell me how this works...(i cant watch youtube here in beijing, its blocked)...

Im missing 5 guys...

are these totally random?

or do they unlock by playing certain civilizations? i still need to beat like 6 more

my guess is by playing as certain civilizations and building cetain things
if you have a more science oriented city you might get more scientists

IceWarm
07-13-2008, 11:56 PM
I did this and have not yet unlocked all the great people, but I did get the achievement for growing a city to size 20 while doing it. I need around 15 more great people.

teej
07-16-2008, 05:54 AM
Hey mystic I saw in your video that you had 50/50 achievements in civilization. I used your method many of times for the great people and it really helped me out a lot. One of my last achievements is to win a culture victory on deity. I have used your method on deity hoping to get away with the win but its not working out very well for me. I have changed and tweaked some of it trying to figure outs ways. I end up getting so far then I will just stop getting great people all together, I am assuming this is because the game ran out of great people because of the other cities finding them. Any suggestions on how you did it? or how anyone else has done it? I am really stuck and I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. any help from anyone would be great.

Alessiuccio
07-16-2008, 07:20 AM
I found this method only really unlocks more modern great people, ancient people such as Imhotep and Cheops will not get unlocked quickly in this method whereas, Henry Ford, Tippu Sultan, Charles Babbage etc peple of the more modern eras will get unlocked almost every game. This was annoying as I only need Cheops and played 10+ games using this method with him not unlocking, so I played a normal game as the English and he was the first person I unlocked.

true

it's a very fast way to fill empty spots quickly though...

happy days
07-16-2008, 10:05 AM
Joined this site as told to by a pal, and this was a great help..
thanks alot

happy days

CucciKutta
07-16-2008, 03:58 PM
Do you actually need to use a great person for them to be registered?

So I found out you can't just have the great person you need. You have to have the piggly chick present the person to you. I found my last great person when I had to take him by force :uzi:from an enemy capitol. Unfortunately I won the game before the piggly chick 'presented' the great person with the option to use him. You don't have to use him, but he does need to be 'presented' for it to count. I wish I had've used a spy.

Jimjons
07-16-2008, 04:53 PM
I am going to try this one out when I get home, Thanks alot!!!!! I hope I get all these bastards, fuck history! Your dead for a reason! :mad:

OldWIKI TIK
11-15-2009, 11:13 PM
Dredging up an old thread, but I was looking for this for a buddy and I really think this should either be stickied or added to the guide. By far the fastest way to farm great people.

thirdykal
04-06-2010, 02:22 AM
Bump.

Hey guys first post on this site, I need some help.

I live in China and Youtube is blocked :S, can't watch the vid. Can anyone post a step by step guide as to what the trick entails? Thanks!

Silvair
06-27-2010, 07:02 PM
I'd just like to say that this is a GREAT help.

Yes, I felt that this is such an important help that I bumped it. :p

And on a completely off-topic note, how did Mystic get his dashboard to look so effin' sweet?! If anyone could provide insight?

amusedparrot
06-29-2010, 12:54 PM
I'll have to give this a go at some point. Having a bit of a clear out of old games and I am annoyed at missing Leonardo for as long as i can remember.

He's not modern age though so maybe it won't unlock him as I think it does tend to be tied in to the age you are in.

And on a completely off-topic note, how did Mystic get his dashboard to look so effin' sweet?! If anyone could provide insight?

That is the old dashboard (OXE i guess?) that Xbox replaced with the New Xbox Experience (NXE) in November 2008, the NXE added the new look and also Avatars to system.