PDA

View Full Version : Timing Out

Tyger7
08-18-2006, 12:06 PM
I was working on a post for about 10 minutes when it timed out which I did not know. I hit submit, it made me log in and screwed up making me lose everything I was writing. Please make the time out longer. It happens to me all the time, I play a game for a few then come back and I am always logged out. Is this a setting I do myself or does the admin have to change site settings? Please help I am disappointed in losing what I was writing. My bank website while in transfer funds doesnt even time out that fast!

Blind Fool
08-18-2006, 12:09 PM
I haven't timed out once on this site :confused: Check your cookie settings and see if it's perm allowed or session only that might affect it.

Minty
08-18-2006, 12:23 PM
Its something like 10 minutes of inactivity when your writing a post. Doesnt take that long to write a post tho!!

L3giOn
08-18-2006, 12:24 PM
I've never timed out either, it must be something with your computer.

Tyger7
08-18-2006, 12:31 PM
well it took me a long time to write the post cause i was copying my stats from a game so had to look back and forth a lot. I will mess around with settings to see if something is changed thanks!

empty87
08-18-2006, 12:57 PM
Yeah, it has to be something with your computer because I've been in middle of a post and have jumped on my controller to play a game and the come back and still be able to post without being timed out.

thieflordgamer
08-19-2006, 04:29 AM
This has only happened to me twice, while submitting information, but now I just copy and paste the info from MS Word to be careful.

Fonkey Monkey
08-19-2006, 04:32 AM
if you think your going to time out just copy and paste your info so you dont have to restart.

Oryan
08-19-2006, 12:05 PM
Simple Solution:

If this does happen to you, all you have to do is hit the "BACK" button on your browser. Once back the main post page, your content will still be there - Copy all the content then go sign back in and Paste it into a new post.

-Oryan

thieflordgamer
08-19-2006, 07:40 PM
For some reason, though, I can't seem to copy from where I'm posting... Wierd. But I don't have a big problem with timing out anyway.