PDA

View Full Version : What In Your Opinion Is The Hardest Victory?

Roaming Dragon
07-02-2008, 09:14 PM
Domination, Economic, Cultural, Technology

What in your opinion is the hardest victory?

For me its probably Cultural, this is just due to the fact it can take a while to start the ball rolling and get Great People to appear. Especially when (if your me) you don't quite know how to get them to appear!

-Roaming Dragon

Chud 360
07-03-2008, 02:04 PM
Pull the right trigger and it tells you how many culture points you need to get the next great person.

Matera
07-03-2008, 09:25 PM
With Culteral Victory Wonders and Converted cities also count. Does take a bit to get going but I find this one to be the easiest after Domination.

True I Skill
07-06-2008, 08:35 PM
I dont know the names of the victories But here's my list from Most easy To Most hardest

- Domination Victory
- Great People Victory
- 20000Gold Victory
- Tech Victory

Ive Never done the 2 bottom Ones, But i did make the 20000Gold Before, But then i went for tech Victory and ended up running out of time -.-

seller50
07-11-2008, 07:52 AM
definetly tech victory due to the fact it takes ages

eXtreme 1138
07-11-2008, 11:35 AM
Tech, definatley tech. It takes the longest and you will need a fairly large empire if you expect to win this type of victory, due to the amount of reasearch needed and then production needed to build the spaceship components. This would then mean you will need some good defending units just so your cities don't get overrun by other civs. Definatley the hardest win in my opinion. Plus you have to make sure the other civs don't beat you to it.

Le Smash
07-12-2008, 02:22 PM
On deity the domination victory is much harder, the other 3 you don't have to rely on luck to win. When you play on Deity, you can have much stronger forces and still lose every battle. For example, I had 81 attack I believe (bomber wing) and attacked one of the AI's bases. All he had was an army of veteran archers which is like 12 defense or something, and I lost, 4 times in a row. I don't know if it is my bad luck, but on harder levels domination is the most difficult for sure

CucciKutta
07-13-2008, 03:30 AM
On deity the domination victory is much harder, the other 3 you don't have to rely on luck to win. When you play on Deity, you can have much stronger forces and still lose every battle. For example, I had 81 attack I believe (bomber wing) and attacked one of the AI's bases. All he had was an army of veteran archers which is like 12 defense or something, and I lost, 4 times in a row. I don't know if it is my bad luck, but on harder levels domination is the most difficult for sure

yeah this is one of the few games I ever bought where the hardest mode is really close to impossible. It's not what I would usually call AI cheating, but still it's dang hard. I doubt I'll get 1000

Fonkey Monkey
07-13-2008, 03:34 AM
they are all pretty easy once you get the ball rolling. tech victory is really cool once you get towards the end and launch your ship, whereas economic get pretty boring just sitting there.
but then again im basing this off of playing it on chieftain, so what do i know:p

MartiniKiss
07-13-2008, 04:07 PM
cultural...does anyone know of a good scenario or a good country to win this one?

plumbpist
07-13-2008, 06:57 PM
I cant seem to get a tech victory...ever. dunno, got no problems with anything else...

Classic Jackson
07-13-2008, 07:16 PM
Domination, especially on Deity difficulty.